Beta testers wanted - free stuff given away

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by Spludge, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Osiris

Osiris Member

Is the testing over? All the links at the top of the front page send me to 192.168.1.99!

.:Osiris:.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2003
  2. Evgeny

Evgeny Member

frontpage_news.php has this at the top:

top.location = "http://192.168.1.99/index.html?redir=http://192.168.1.99/frontpage_news.php";

Of course that doesn't work for us external users.

Evgeny

3. ShadowPeo

ShadowPeo Member

Yeh I got the same problem.

4. trotkiller

trotkiller Member

the link to the members section at the bottom of the page is dead

5. Osiris

Osiris Member

Updated: 12pm

Browser: Mozilla Firebird 0.6

Functionality Issues:

- There is no number in the quantity textbox next to the Buy button when first loading a product details page.

Usability Issues:

Product details page:
    - There is no feedback about what has just been bought. Consider providing feedback to the user that the addition of item(s) to the trolly was successful.

- It would be useful to have a direct link from the product details page back to its catagory. Currently you have to guess which catagory it is from and select from the main menu. This can be annoying if you follow a highlighted product from the main or news pages and want to examine other similar products.

- The manufacturers link is indented slightly compared to the other headlines such as "Other customers who...".

- Most people will probably be looking for the price including GST. Consider reversing the order in which the no GST and GST included prices are placed.

- The clear trolly button wouldn't be used very often. Also, its position makes it easy for it to be accidently selected instead of the the view trolly or proceed to checkout buttons. Consider removing the clear trolly button.

- *No obvious way to remove items from the trolly.

- *Login on front page is not justified left like most of the rest of the site.

.:Osiris:.

6. trotkiller

trotkiller Member

The information page of the ASRock K7VM2 KM266 AMD board has the following listed as compatible components :
    | Intel Celeron 478 - 128k Socket 478 100Mhz Processors |
    | Intel P4 512k - Socket 478 Processors |
    | Intel P4 512k 533 - Socket 478 533mhz bus Processors |

7. titan

titan Member

I notice this too... The " Current Order Total " changes, but perhaps there could be a line underneath like "Last item added to trolly: <product name> (<product price>)"

8. fad

fad Member

9. titan

titan Member

The phone number box does not allow for country codes, or give a format for the number that is wanted. It would only accept no spaces and also required an area code even though I have already stated I live in NSW.

10. Chavez

Chavez Member

11. titan

titan Member

When you go to the members area from "You can check the order status in the Member Area.", you are required to log in again even though you log in to make the payment.

It even says in the top right corner "Member logged in as "NATHAN.P@IHUG.COM.AU"", yet I am still being asked to log in.

12. OP
    OP
    Spludge

Spludge Member

Thanks for the feedback, guys - we are at work on those bugs now - we are doing the changes locally and using CVS to sync the remote site at the ASX, hence the 192.168 etc IP addresses briefly appearing.

Yers, this is intentional, in case you have left the page open after completing the checkout and have walked away from your machine.

The box is just checking for at least 8 numbers or ()+- characters. Since anyone from Oz has a number at least 8 numbers long, it should always work. A help balloon has been added to explain this.

It was processing the huge orders, but due to the way each product is treated as an individual for barcoding purposes, it took a while to enter your thousand-item order into the DB. We've set a limit of 50 per item, and 100 items total per order, and you are advised of this now whe you add so many of them to the cart, and if you try to check out with so many. We've never had someone order more than 20 of something a t a time anyway.

13. titan

titan Member

When you said you would randomly choose orders less than $50, does that include my order of $42.90 + 700 free mousepads? :p

14. titan

titan Member

When I change my personal details, it says at the top "Please check your personal details below, choose a payment/shipping method, and click the Next button." There is only an "Update Defaults" and a "Cancel" button. I think you are using the same form as when you are registering as a new user.

15. Andy_lee

Andy_lee Member

i just made an order through a hotmail account, you might want to try blocking common free email hosts

EDIT: I can also use obscure chatacters in my name:

Firstname : ANDY:mad:&%$%^
    Lastname : LEE(&$@#(

and also make the phone number a 7> digit number (and also order using the number) by adding hyphens like so:

Home Phone : 123456--
    Work Phone : 12345678

16. Osiris

Osiris Member

- If an error is made on the CC details page, the comment is not copied to the next page, whereas all other fields are.

- You might want to add tabindexs' to your forms... its annoying when you hit tab, only to have highlighted the image next to the textbox!

17. Andy_lee

Andy_lee Member

not sure if this is classified as a bug or not, but i could order 10 mousepads and nothing else and the order would go through
    EDIT: speeeeeeeeeeelllllllllling

18. Soandso

Soandso Member

I've tried this several times - buy one item, checkout and commit. Redo several times and the item disappears from the catalogue.

EDIT: No sure if this was programed in on purpose - anyway, at least you know it works. :)

19. Mitchee

Mitchee Member

In the Go To dropdown menu...

The PII/SlotA link leads to a blank page...

Same with Phones...

Theres 2 Athlon XP choices in the dropdown, one leads to the 133fsb chips, the other leads to the 166fsb chips.. maybe rename them?

Intel P4 512k leads to a blank page

18" Monitors under LCD Displays leads to a blank page

AT under powersupplies leads to a blank page

5-Piece speakers have some 6 piece items there... maybe change it to '5 and 6 piece' ?

Printer under Switchboxs leads to a blank page

Geforce ti 4400 leads to a blank page, same with the 4600's

I also placed an order for 2 blue led fans, that went nicely!

20. Osiris

Osiris Member

That goes for CD-Rs from the drop down menu as well...

Kanam - Home Theatre PC Cases isn't working properly.