Beta testers wanted - free stuff given away

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by Spludge, Jun 14, 2003.

1. The C Man

The C Man Member

Well, I just gave the site a bit of a burl under Safari for OSX. Everything seemed fine, had the problem with some of the catagories in the 'Go To' section showing up blank.

Also, the first time I placed an order it had a bit of a fit and spat out some weird code, went back and tried again and it worked fine. No idea why, I didn't place the first order, but went fine the second time.

A very nice lookin site, easy to navigate using sub menus or go to menus. Easy to find out where you missed a field when filling in details too, which is another feature I like and see lacking on many sites.

2. OP
    OP
    Spludge

Spludge Member

Fixed.

We're working on it continuously, so you may occasionally see arrays & other code fragments - these are not bugs, just us trying to nail down code execution paths. The site may occasionally appear to be non-responsive as we restart the server.

Also, the data set in use is a little dated and contains a number of deleted or obsolete categories, so please ignore any of those in the drop down that return a blank listing.

Thanks for noticing that - it was intentional but working wrong - the stock levels are automated in that products that are in stock get set to "order in" when people buy enough of them to reduce their on-hand level to 0. However, this code was etting them to a null, which effectively hid them from view rather than setting themt o order in, and this has been fixed - lots of things had been hidden by people buying them!

Will do.

Too many people use them, unfortunately. But, we have a simple rule: 3-strikes & your're out - orders that use a hotmail address, can't verify using the white pages, and use a foreign card / card in someone elses name, get red-flagged.

Fixed

Last edited: Jun 15, 2003
  3. Foxster

Foxster Member

Two minor things:

After updating an order, the details in the "last updated" column on the order history page still remains the same as the details in the "date ordered" column. Even after going to another page and returning to the members area, the information is unchanged.

After scrolling down to the bottom of a long list of items and then clicking the buy button, the page refreshes and then returns to the top rather than keeping the screen stationary allowing you to select other items further down the list. It's surely not a bug but I would find it very annoying if all I wanted to do was click two or three items at the end of a long list and had to scroll back down each time.

4. Foxster

Foxster Member

One more small thing - when editing an order, if you click the adjust button beside the item quantity without having changed the quantity, it automatically increments the order quantity by one. Not sure if this was intentional but I could see potential for people accidentally ordering more than they wanted if they click the button without realising that it increases the quantity.

5. OP
    OP
    Spludge

Spludge Member

Looks right from here - 17.15, not 7.15, and it's about that time over here in Sydney. BTW your last post was edited 7.16 AM?

It is on number of items at the moment, will work off case later.

Yep, a strange bug which will be fixed soon.

will be fixed.

6. Soandso

Soandso Member

Same for me

7. ShadowPeo

ShadowPeo Member

Blank Pages in dropdown are as follows:
    Non Stock
    Phones
    XD Picture Card - Flash memory
    PII/SlotA - Fan Coolers for Slot
    SCSI - SCSI LVD & U160 3.5"drives
    Hidden - Non-stock products
    PC2100 - DDR SDRAM
    18inch - Monitors (LCD)
    LCD TV - Televisions
    ATX - Full-size ATX Boards (ATX main catagory)
    Printer - Switch printers
    GeForce4 Ti4400 - AGP Video Cards
    GeForce4 Ti4600 - AGP Video Cards

Chargers appears twice in drop down menu

Placed order for Laptop HDD adapter (Hey every one else was doing fas so I thought I would be diffrent) and it worked fine

8. smgoh

smgoh Member

Overrun the array?

Tried putting a long comment and "Where did you here from us?" paragraph and it came up with this:

Array ( [0] => Array ( [file] => /usr/www/auspcV2/includes/classOrder.php [line] => 545 [function] => queryconn [args] => Array ( [0] => INSERT INTO tb_orders (order_id, customer_id, payment_type, hear_comments, comments, history, status_flag, placed_date, order_type, assembled_flag) VALUES (400198, 33, 3, 'I HEAD FROM OCAU. AND ONCE AGAIN I'M GOING TO MAKE THIS MODERATELY LONG SO THAT THIS BOX IS TESTED TO I SUPPOSE I DON;T NEED TO TEST IT AS MUCH AS ITWILL BE SIOMILAT TO THE ONE ABOVE. SO I THISDKLGNSKLGLSGJDSLJGDSLJGLSDJGDLSGSLDGSDKLGDSLKGDSLGJSGJSDKGLSDGLSKDGLSDKGSKLDGSDKLGDLSGSDGSDBFSEROWHOTIWTJWETW' GIBBERISH GLOBERWOCKY SFGSGJSOGJEIGIESJGIEJIGJSGSKGFDKHL;FGLHSRIOYAEGDLZSKNGKZ NWOEIR THE END', '15/06 CUSTOMER> THIS IS A LONG COMMENT TO TEST OUT HOW WELL IT WORKS. SO THAT MEANS I'LL HAVE TO KEEP 15/06 CUSTOMER> TYPING. HMM. WHAT SHOULD I TYPE? MAYBE ABOUT CELERY. CELERY IS A REALLY YUCKY VEGETABLE 15/06 CUSTOMER> WHEN IT'S ALL STRINGY. IT TAKES AGES TO CHEW, YOUR JAW STARTS TO GET SORE AND THEN YOU 15/06 CUSTOMER> END UP SWALLOWING HALF OF IT SO YOU DON;T HAVE TO CHEW ANYMORE. THEN AFTERWARDS YOU HAVE 15/06 CUSTOMER> TO DEAL WITH ALL THE BITS STUCK IN BETWEEN YOUR TEETH THAT CAN TAKE HOURS TO GET OUT. SO 15/06 CUSTOMER> WHAT DO YOU THINK DO YOU THINK THIS IS AN OKAY AMOUNT? SHOULD I PUT SOME COMMANDS IN HERE 15/06 CUSTOMER> TO SEE IF I CAN HACK IT? I DON;T EVEN KNOW HOW TO HACK SO MAYBE A BIT OF HTML? 15/06 CUSTOMER> LIKE HELLO! OR WHAT DO 15/06 CUSTOMER> YOU THINK? -- ', 'ORDER PLACED BY CUSTOMER - 15/06/2003 19:42:21 ', 10, now(), 1000, 'true') [1] => Resource id #11 ) ) [1] => Array ( [file] => /usr/www/auspcV2/includes/classCheckout.php [line] => 174 [function] => placeneworder [class] => order [type] => -> [args] => Array ( [0] => Resource id #11 ) ) [2] => Array ( [file] => /usr/www/auspcV2/includes/classCheckout.php [line] => 232 [function] => handlecommitorder [class] => checkoutmanager [type] => -> [args] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [comments] => THIs is a long comment to test out how well it works. So that means i'll have to keep typing. Hmm. What should I type? Maybe about celery. Celery is a really yucky vegetable when it's all stringy. It takes ages to chew, your jaw starts to get sore and then you end up swallowing half of it so you don;t have to chew anymore. Then afterwards you have to deal with all the bits stuck in between your teeth that can take hours to get out. So What do you think do you think this is an okay amount? SHould I put some commands in here to see if I can hack it? I don;t even know how to hack so maybe a bit of html? Like hello! or What do you think? [hear] => I head from OCAU. And Once again I'm going to make this moderately long so that this box is tested to I suppose I don;t need to test it as much as itwill be siomilat to the one above. So i thisdKLGNSKLglSGJdslJGdsljglsDjgdlsgSLDgsdklgdslkgdsLgjsgjsdkgLSDglskDgLSDKgSKLDgsdklgdlSgsdgsdbfSErowhotiwtjwetw' gibberish globerwocky sfgsgjsogjeigiesjgiejigjsgSKGfdkhl;fglhsrioyaegdlzskngkz nwoeir THe End [commit_button] => Commit Order! ) ) ) [3] => Array ( [file] => /usr/www/auspcV2/auspc_ssl/checkout.php [line] => 30 [function] => handlesubmit [class] => checkoutmanager [type] => -> [args] => Array ( ) ) )

9. smgoh

smgoh Member

10. OP
    OP
    Spludge

Spludge Member

-
    Fixed the timestamp.

- yes, the data is old - have removed them.

- the ' needed escaping, fixed.

- yes, it is meant to.

11. SLATYE

SLATYE SLATYE, not SLAYTE

Just ordered $19397.40 worth of assorted parts. (If this comes through on the real AusPCMarket.com, please cancel it)
    I found that when you click to buy an item, mostly it scrolls back to the top, but sometimes it goes down a bit (Until the item you bought is the top visible item). Not sure why that was.

12. Andy_lee

Andy_lee Member

i did a search for the html bold tag ( < b > without the spaces) and it came up with "false", not that anybody is gonna search for it.....

13. HyDrA

HyDrA Member

I quite like the new setup... I placed a small order to see how things went, very smooth! Plus I like the way is describes what each status label means...

14. idosillythings

idosillythings Member

The site shows all my current user stats fine such as hardcore and all that but does not display my order history on the Beta version. :)

15. Osiris

Osiris Member

Under CPU Listing: There are two "Athlon 166Mhz Bus Processors" groups: the first should be 133MHz.

.:Osiris:.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2003
  16. C4Z4M

C4Z4M Member

when ever I try and checkout of log out it redirects me to http://192.168.1.99 and as this does not exist on my lan it can't find it

17. mence

mence Member

i know this was mentioned in the first post, but when i enter 0000 as a search it returns 'false'.

18. titan

titan Member

Last edited: Jun 16, 2003
  19. Bonkers

Bonkers Member

When I enter in the credit card details and name Me and commit order it refreshes with the credit card number as XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX000.

20. OP
    OP
    Spludge

Spludge Member

Thanks guys, looks like we're pretty well tested out now, so we'll wind it up and I'll be PMing the winners.