1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

BF2 Whirlpool vs OCAU Battle!

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ╙╢me, Jul 14, 2006.

1. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

Better be unlocks...would be rather disappointing if it was stock.

2. Jewsian

Jewsian (Banned or Deleted)

I wouldn't be disappointed as I thought BF2 scrims were always stock weapons but just wanted to make sure as sometimes unlocks are allowed. The use of stock weapons only would be fair as some people may not have all the unlocks (including myself) and/or may not have SF for second unlocks

3. mecka

mecka Member

I suggest that we use the standard Internode rules for play. That way we can keep the game fairly fun even if one team is getting pwnt.

4. .LiQU!D.

.LiQU!D. (Banned or Deleted)

No, that's just not a possibility. :lol:

Kona_boy,
    .LiQU!D. - 69702134/[OCAU]LiQUID

5. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

thank you :thumbup:

6. kevincooper

kevincooper Member

kevincooper - 44052074/[OCAU]Koopsta

there is a chance i won't make all the games, the first 2 are definetely out, so if you want to scratch me off the list for this time i should be available for other matches

7. OP
    OP
    ╙╢me

╙╢me Member

Yeh i played on the server today and it did not have weapon unlocks.. But this is standard for these types of scrims.. I will see if that can be changed in the booking and we can debate it more if it can be changed..

But yeh play to internode rules basicly..
    read here http://games.internode.on.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48356&co=y
    (there are some things there that dont concern us)

8. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

We'll keep you I think. Shame you will miss the first map, but you look like a keen medic. Also, I think we outnumber/outskill the WP team at the moment so we shouldn't miss you on the first map.

9. fathermucker

fathermucker Member

um... the big question i suppose is....
    what style of game are we playing?

ie. are we playing a 'clan' match, where it's actually about winning? the whole strats and squads lists and Teamspeak coms and such?
    or is it more like a friendly game where people can come and go as they please over the 2 hours? where people can play with other decent players without the n00bs and TKers and bunny hoppers and prone jumpers and jet/tank spawn rapers etc.?
    or is it a bit of both... a bit like a friendly clan scrim?
    :confused:

oh... and if buzzpuppy would like to take the commander's role for OCAU, would WP like the services of a fair-to-middlin' commander, such as myself, if no others are available? ;)

10. mecka

mecka Member

Goddamn you're modest. You're one of the two best commanders we've got.

I'd suggest a friendly interforum scrim. I know WP has got strats and whatnot but I'm confident of a friendly relaxed game.

11. Fischbitz

Fischbitz Member

Oh, what the hell, I'll play either side

Fischbitz - 44477963[SOB]Grunfoz

Cheers :D

12. grimwood

grimwood Member

I haven't heard of a lot of the players for OCAU, but you can get a lot of their names/numbers off the wiki, http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/Battlefield_2/Roll_Call. Though really they should be able to give the details to you if they're serious.

As I said before, I'll go backup from 10pm onwards EST. [OCAU] dgrimreaper, 58647978.

Fathermucker you should PKM whore for us! I'm guessing it's a bit of both styles of play, esp if it's going to be a regular thing.

Daniel.

13. kevincooper

kevincooper Member

hehe, yeah i love playing medic, i've got so many deaths because i was a bit suicidal in my meds delivery when i was first playing. but i've fixed that fatal flaw in my game though :)

14. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

I am going to say it will be both. More of a "friendly clan scrim" as you call it :thumbup:

15. OP
    OP
    ╙╢me

╙╢me Member

I hope ppl wont come and go unless for a dink or a pipe!!
    Its like you said a bit of both.. But at the end we will be posting all of the screenies of the rounds to define a winner!! (some1 has to brag)

oh... and if buzzpuppy would like to take the commander's role for OCAU, would WP like the services of a fair-to-middlin' commander, such as myself, if no others are available? ;)[/QUOTE] Ill look into it , thanks for the offer!! get back to you soon on that!!

16. Eman

Eman Member

If it's a 1.3 server that's not ranked (or thinks it's ranked like the XGN servers) then there won't be unlocks. The reason being that EA took them out in the 1.3 patch for no other reason that to try and drive casual players onto ranked servers and thus keep their income stream steady. The whole ranked server thing works just like WoW except it's the server providers who pay the subscription fee.

Anyway, after scrimming some without unlocks (in 1.2 and before scrims were with unlocks) I can honestly say that the stock weapons are better in terms of gameplay. Both sides are better balanced and the game plays out in a much more dynamic way. Before unlocks were taken away from us it was not uncommon to see whole teams go as support or AT just for the PKM or the DAO12, and the game just looked stupid. And then there were matches where 8 of 16 players were medics who ran around insta-killing you with single G36E bursts from 30 metres away, very fun.

Finally, if you remember the stock weapons sucking when you first started the game, then I'm sure that's pretty much because you were a noob at the time. So was I and everyone else when they first started. Once you get experienced and go back to them, you'll find them to be quite good actually. Since a lot of clans were forced to use them in scrims they found out they didn't suck as much as they remembered them doing in their PFC days, so it's not uncommon to see people from big clans getting high scores on pub servers as infantry using a stock weapon even though they have unlocks available.

17. mecka

mecka Member

Stock weapons ftw. Except for the M16. Because I prefer the F2000 over it.

18. kona_boy

kona_boy Member

Yea I guess...the only unlock I use is the L85A1 as a medic. Even then it is only for the scope!

I am happy to without I guess. Makes it fairer.

19. Annihilator69

Annihilator69 Member

ak^annihilator - 44946501

Havn't played that account in a while :lol:

20. panterica

panterica Member

leggsmoof 70666162

available to play