1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

BF2 Whirlpool vs OCAU Battle!

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ╙╢me, Jul 14, 2006.

1. OP
    OP
    ╙╢me

╙╢me Member

Herbo, this is a religious debate..
    Ford vs Holden
    WP vs OCAU

If someone chooses to play for WP that only means that they are a WP person.. (like if your a ford or holden man)

Stop looking at the leaderboards, yours is only half finished if you havent noticed.. You may have much better players than us wheniits finished..

At the end of the day this is a bit of fun, take it with a grain of salt..

if your worried your team is crap, ask your team leader to fix it!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2006
  2. mav_au

mav_au Member

Well whirlpool doesn't have the hardcore gamers like here.. so what's the point in playing if you know it's going to be a full on squash? In case you hadn't looked heaps of our players don't even have 1000 points yet, most are new players and many of the rest don't even play that often, where as the people here are more into gaming (unless you play with computers to speed up notepad?) And none of our best players are even playing.. on our normal leaderboard i'm near the bottom but on this leaderboard of WP players in the game i'm third...

It's just meant to be a fun and hopfully close game.

3. OP
    OP
    ╙╢me

╙╢me Member

Exactly Mav, im sure this will be a fun and close fight..

4. mav_au

mav_au Member

No it's not. It's a fun game. Stop trying to make it so competative.

Edit: if we find it's too far out of balance in the game then i'm sure we can swap a couple players around to even it out. Everything will work itself out :)

5. fredhoon

fredhoon Member

As previously stated i cannot play this friday, however if the games continue i'll be playing next week. If WP need numbers i'll jump ship, otherwise i'll join the line for a spot on the OCAU team.

Details as follows:
    OCAU/Whirlpool Nick - fredhoon
    BF2 Account - fredhoon
    BF2 ID - 71627004

6. TOX

TOX Member

How do you sign up for it?

7. Herbo

Herbo Member

And I completely agreed but that's why I don't think it should be considered as a "whirlpool vs OCAU" match.

As for leaderboards I haven't even looked at them I already know who our best players are because I play with them fairly regularly.

What I'm saying is it's like having a top team vs a bottom team match where the bottom team is short of numbers so the best players from the top team go over to the bottom team, bottom team wins and goes "haha... we are the r0x0r U R the suX0rz". But maybe that's just my cynical sleep deprived mind at the moment. Stupid water cooling kits.... :tired:

EDIT: To tell you the truth I really don't mind if the game is slightly one sided in your favour I just don't like the "bragging rights" when you really have none.

8. Borgod

Borgod Member

Thats right.

I don't really give a stuff who I play with, I just want to have fun and hopefully have a balanced night.

Herbo has valid points however, some of us have never played with Whirlpooleans. However since it's about playing BF2 without tards who TK and ruin the experience for me, I can overlook my 'allegiance' and play with whoever needs the numbers.

If either side is getting smashed, I'll be one of many willing to put their hands up to even it out - I'm sure.

9. Borgod

Borgod Member

Fair points, and I agree.

I'd like to think of it as a bringing of 2 communities together to have fun. If people want to take it more seriously they can, but I wont be promoting that one is better than the other except when I have a rifle in my 'hands' :)

10. mav_au

mav_au Member

99% of the whirlpool guys arn't like that and don't brag. There has been 1 or 2 people who have been posting the ' kick their ass' type stuff but they have only been the people i've never actually heard of before on whirlpool so no one is taking notice.

11. OP
    OP
    ╙╢me

╙╢me Member

I just have a feeling it wont be 1 sided..

If it is im sure we can adjust it ingame to make it fair.!!

12. mattywhisk

mattywhisk Member

If the above were true, yes I would agree.

I was under the impression, however, that there are several players who are members of both websites. Because OCAU have so much interest in this scrim, several OCAU members have opted to compete for WP. In the original "terms" (for want of a better word) the players are eligible to play for either side.

No need to get sand in your skirt about it, it's going to be awesome fun :)

13. Arch-Angel

Arch-Angel Member

Woot!!~! Finally a chance to frag those blouse-wearing Wh0repool girlie-men!!

;)

I'm not much of a killer, but I play pretty well in a support role (ie medic/spec ops demolition/Blackhawk pilot). I like playing in teams/squads that work together, especially with voice etc.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  14. Jewsian

Jewsian (Banned or Deleted)

Well...right now the point of this upcoming match is to just have fun and since it's the first WP vs OCAU match lets just all enjoy ourselves, have fun, meet other people/players and relax the competitiveness a bit. Just think of it like a scrim instead of a match ;)

15. TOX

TOX Member

Can you please add

and

How do you go about getting the server password?

16. kemd1zl

kemd1zl (Banned or Deleted)

everyone, time to prac up for the big night :D

17. OP
    OP
    ╙╢me

╙╢me Member

maybe ill get a prac server up for 2night or something

18. mecka

mecka Member

Herbo if it makes a difference I'll play with just an anti-tank kit. With the MP5. :p

Not going to enter into the argument about who plays with what, just lookin to have a good time.

19. Herbo

Herbo Member

Mate I don't care what you play with :Paranoid: (oh and I take back what I said about you in our BF2 thread :p ) My point is you are a prime example of someone who I would assume to consider themselves way more an OCAU member than a Whirlpool member (you do play with the tag) even though you are obviously a "healthy" poster in their forums. I also don't care what team you or any of our other great players play on my point is simply the fact that if Whirlpool plays with OUR players (especially some of our best) it's not really a fair indication of Whirlpool vs OCAU now is it? Therefor it shouldn't really be treated as such. Kind of like what Borgod said, more of a joining of two communities for tard free gaming. Why am I so concerned about the "pride" of OCAU? I actually have no idea :lol:

Is this making sense to more than two people?

20. fathermucker

fathermucker Member

here's an idea... mecka can only play as commander, support, heli / jet whore...
    ;) :shock: :thumbup:

hehehehe etc.
    :lol: