1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Bhutan - Anyone been

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by Nikoy, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Nikoy

Nikoy Member

Hi guys,

I have booked a 7 day private tour of Bhutan. Has anyone else been. I am just trying to put together my itinerary and I need some tips from other people with what is good to visit.

2. OP
    OP
    Nikoy

Nikoy Member

so I will take that as a solid no

3. mr626

mr626 Member

Looks like an amazing place to visit. What do you plan on doing there?

4. glenpinn

glenpinn Member

May be a bit late now, but you really should go and join the Trip Advisor Forum, and go to the Bhutan sub forum, you will definitely find what you need there.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g293844-i10038-Bhutan.html

I was there for 3 days, back around 30 years ago, went there on the way back from Nepal to Thailand, via Bhutan, Burma and Bangladesh.

I dare say things have changed a lot since then, but it would be great to go back now and do that 6 week trip all over again.

Cheers

5. zhenjie

zhenjie Member

A lovely place to visit and all tourist are well treated there, perhaps a bit too well at times. Meals can be monotonous if you stick with the usual hotels and restaurants the guides take you too. Be vocal and ask for something 'different,' like an authentic restaurant the locals eat at. You'll find them quite flexible at custom request.

6. OP
    OP
    Nikoy

Nikoy Member

thanks gang