1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Bioshock Infinite

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Shimmy

Shimmy Member

Sums up my opinions of the game. Another linear fps that's pumped through the production line that has the gameplay depth of a toddler pool. It does have its moments, the character models, environments and animations (dat suicide animation) are quite impressive but the combat gets really sore in the tooth. 6 hours in and not really finding the motivation to finish it.

2. andyroo54

andyroo54 Member

Hang in there kitty! The payoff, IMO, is worth any tedious bits. It only took 9 hours for me.

3. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

I also don't know why people are using "linear" as a bad point? Sure open games can be fun, but generally their missions will be linear because there is a story to follow...

For those of you that have played it...
    Did anyone throw the ball at the inter-racial couple? What was the outcome? I am just playing it for a second time... and I was all up for throwing the ball at them to see what happened - but I watched Django unchained last night and I was afraid he would find out and shoot me.

4. mick_champs

mick_champs Member

Anyone else having trouble with Freezing while going up the elevator in Finks Factory?

It freezes at the exact same time and i cant get past here.

Thought it was my overclock (Although up until this point haven't had a single freeze) so put all back to stock and still freezes...

I also verified game cache it said "4 files failed to verify and will be reacquired" then it tries to download 3.9GB!!!!!!

WTF???

EDIT: OH MY GOSH NOW I CANT EVEN PLAY IT UNTIL IT INSTALLS THIS 3.9GB "UPDATE"

5. andyroo54

andyroo54 Member

Yeah I like linear games, The walking dead (telltale) was the best game I've played in years.

6. AthlonMan

AthlonMan (Banned or Deleted)

Same. Linear games are often the best ones.

7. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

well ive turned off SLI and the game is running fine, the frame rates seem ok at 1080p on one 580 on very high.

I guess for the sake of playing the game ill just have to run it like this.

If i turn SLI on and multi monitor and just crashes, wont start up at all.

8. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

The outcome is the same whoever you choose to throw the ball at. 1st playthrough I threw it at the announcer, the second at the couple. Each time the announcer grabs your wrist mid-throw, identifies you as the false shephard....and well, you know the rest

Later in the game though, the couple show up again and if you didnt (try to) throw it at them, they give you gear. Unsure how that scene plays out if you did try to throw it at them though, havent played that far yet on my 2nd playthrough

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  9. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Just got up to that, they just don't show up to give you the infusion/gear

10. ol-skool

ol-skool Member

No idea what your prob is, i run sli 680's with no issue. Latest drivers. That sucks man.

11. mrthong

mrthong Member

how do we get into this?

[​IMG]

12. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

did you find the gunsmith?

13. mrthong

mrthong Member

oh, thought i could enter it before finding the gunsmith.

14. jcocks

jcocks Member

Not even close :)

(You'll understand what I mean by that once you've played through that section of the game)

15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

if we tried to explain it, it would be....

a) a total mind fuck for everyone, and...
    b) would ruin the plot, the overall story and the suspense.

16. FOXH0UND

FOXH0UND Member

The game doesn't actually exist.

17. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

then you'll spend the next 10 hours figuring out where the last 10 hours went before realising you're in those missing 10 hours!!

18. andyroo54

andyroo54 Member

N is your friend!

Also just a few other things.

I think this game beniefits HUGELY from a replay. I'm not one into replaying games, but there are so many little clues, little suggestions, hints, etc along the way, that suddenly make sense if you watch it again. Think about the second time you watched fightclub. Like that. Probably one of the biggest clues is that very first clue, the quote, which I struggled to understand I was like "Wtf?":

"The mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create memories where none exist..." Barriers to Trans-Dimensional Travel, = R.Lutece, 1889

But now that makes perfect sense to me. And so on.

One thing I think the game could have used, is more choices, with real consequences. I mean not throwing the ball at the prisoners and then getting some gear off them later, that's kinda cool I guess, but there isn't enough of it. In the walking dead, your choices had real impacts on the characters in the game. You really struggle to make these decisions for fear of doing something wrong, and wanting to do the right thing. The game still send the same regardless, but the choices during were such an experience. I think all games need to incorporate this.

I mean lots of RPG/FPS have multi choices, however usually they don't mean anything, and the same thing happens regardless. But in Walking Dead it really matters what you choose to do, and it's not always clear cut.

Anyway def will replay this at some stage.

It may not exist but it existed. - Something Lutece 'twin' would say.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  19. IPfreely

IPfreely Member

To all the people whinging about the difficulty, why play the game on normal?

Once you realize normal is too easy because you're so l337 at FPS's, why not bump the difficulty up to hard? You can do that ingame without having to restart.

20. opAsx

opAsx Member

anyone else getting motion-sickness?

I adjusted the FOV and still not much luck.

breakfast wishes to return.