1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Bioshock Infinite

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Philll, Aug 13, 2010.

1. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Yep the lutece's dialogue makes an amusing amount of sense the 2nd time through.

And agreed on the consequences, I'm about halfway through on 1999 and the choices you're presented with make very little difference so far.

The only thing I've noticed so far;

Aside from the bridge/groom at the beginning, if you spare slate as opposed to killing him in the hall of heroes, he ends up braindead in the shantytown police station.

Which is what I did? I'm not the best at fps but I usually play them through on normal, unless they're easy in which case I switch to hard. Elizabeth gives you way too much of an advantage, on top of bringing things in through tears, she scrounges and throws things at you when you need them.

I only used the Bucking Bull vigor to get me out of sticky situations with whatever weapons were around on hard. Now in 1999 I'm finding I'm using nearly all of them. I'm also paying attention to what gears I'm using to boot.

2. AthlonMan

AthlonMan (Banned or Deleted)

I don't get the whole multiverse surprise. The game basically advertises it to you the whole way through the game.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  3. son of eevil

son of eevil Member

Wrap that up in spoilers, may not be surprise to you'll ruin it for someone else

4. AthlonMan

Dammit. Sorry anyone who saw that.

5. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Just finished.

Nice enough storyline - it pushed me forward through the game. Pulled a couple of really long gaming sessions which I haven't done for years.

However, the gameplay itself was more a chore to get to the story. Awesome environments + good story, but i'm not sure a game can be good unless the gameplay itself is really fun to play.

EDIT: Also none of the revelations were a surprise at all. Even the one at the very very end of the game - figured it out a while before. Also thought they could have done more with
    the time travel aspect - i.e. hearing 'girls just want to have fun' in the past etc

Also for those that have finished it....what's the outcome of
    choosing the cage over the bird when Elizabeth gets the thing around her neck?

6. tzortst

tzortst Member

Yep bad, just had to stop :|

Should you adjust the FOV lower or higher?

7. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

it plays no bearing on the outcome.

8. opAsx

opAsx Member

I adjusted it much higher.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/27/bioshock-infinite-tweaks/

I followed the recommendations there for FOV setting.

stomach is much, much happier.

EDIT

also, as pointed out in whirlpool, there are settings in the ini file DefaultbReduceMotionSickness=0 bReduceMotionSickness=False which if you apparently set to 1 and True will help. wonder how many testers puked in the office before they put that option in there?

9. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

anyone tried playing at 30fps? may not be the smoothest experience but it might hide the level loading fps drops.

10. Domokun

Domokun Member

Yep. :(

Why is this happening though? Surely it can't be FOV exclusively, as I've played other games with low FOV without issue.

11. theone333

theone333 Member

finished it. :thumbup:

did i blink and missed the booker debt part. apparently he was an alcoholic gambler that owed a lot of money. i guess thats one reason why i will be replay it.

all the general mind fuck/twist stuff you cant help see posted in threads by inconsiderate people gets your mind thinking overtime about twists and shits, got me thinking many different scenarios so a many things were not a full blown surprise...more like ahah i knew it..(rapture reveal was a suprise..and at one stage i was thinking teh whole game was a dream or within a computer program).. thankfully i never got all starry eyed and woody over anna/Elizabeth haha..not that there is anything wrong with that. :) i guess overall any shortcomings (not many and not deal breakers) the game has, has been redeemed by the end, cos, it was a fun ride.

12. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

ok, i tried running at 30fps and i didn't see any level loading fps drops, it sure wasn't a smooth experience but it's clear they tried to accommodate for the current-gen consoles.

will try in the middle, 45fps and see if that's smooth enough.

13. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

ugh, that's it... I'm done with this game until some patches are released... I'm getting consistent crashes once again, this time at random points instead of when walking through doors. Tried everything I tried last time to fix it and no results. Raised a support case with 2K Games, hopefully they can shed some light.

14. jcocks

jcocks Member

I've had no issues. When I first installed the game, I tried changing some settings in the graphics, after which I found I couldn't even start the game anymore - it would crash at the main menu. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game and all is fine. I don't dare change the graphics setting from the defaults though :)

Running at 1920*1080 on mendium settings, game looks fabulous, and I'm not getting any stuttering at all. Running on a core i5 with 8gig ram and a radeon 5870.

Have you tried updating the drivers to the very latest? AMD have new beta drivers on their site now as well, which I'm running now...

15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

are you counting the level loading fps drops?

16. andyroo54

andyroo54 Member

Must be your setup? Video drivers maybe? What card do you have? Mine ran fine, no glitches, except on one part where it wouldn't advance until all enemies were dead, except that one was stuck somewhere, occasionally I could hear him say "WHOS THERE?" But yeah, so I had to "reload from last checkpoint" that was kinda annoying.

17. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

any fps drops from level loading?

18. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

You're better off just researching the issue yourself. I find those official support channels to be completely useless unless its a widespread/known issue.

First thing they'll do is get you to send a directx report and then get you to do the most generic troubleshooting possible.

19. power

power Member

finished this last night, really really enjoyed it including the surprises and stuff at the end great game (actually I wish there was a bit more of that stuff in the game not just at the end) had 0 issues running it all @ full everything @ 1920*1080 on my i7 3770 and GTX670 using the current latest driver.

Did NOT enjoy that last fight though, had to do it a few times to get past but overall the difficulty well I wouldn't say it was a tough game.

I actually want to go back and replay the original two games now ;)

20. AthlonMan

I just stood at the front and used the big blue light as defense. The A.I almost ignored me on Normal.