bitcoin mining (Do not offer items for sale in this thread)

Discussion in 'Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Mining' started by jurasofish, Jun 5, 2011.

1. slavewone

slavewone Member

Appears to be not Bitcoin but Litecoin which is designed specifically for CPU mining.

source

Regarding the illegal install, i guess the pool-x.eu catchphrase says it all.....

2. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

Uh, any comments on bitcoins up to $26AUD??? Or is it just another pump and dump?

3. cvidler

cvidler Member

It's been steadily rising, I'm feeling it's looking legit.

4. Remote Man

Remote Man Member

I think we'll still we a fall. From what I've read there people with huge pools of bitcoins that they aren't trading and there has to be some of those just waiting for a magic number that they want.

5. HunterBunter

HunterBunter Member

It's the second coming.

And probably second going, but who knows exactly when.

6. dakiller

dakiller (Oscillating & Impeding)

At the moment, the market is very bullish. There have been a few attempts to turn it around, some big selloffs that have just turned around and gone right back up to where it was, few days ago it went down to 22 in an hour, and the next horu went right back up to 26. This morning, down to 25 and then right back to 27.

There is obviously a few people testing the market here, waiting for it to hit the peak, no one know when or where the peak will be but I believe there will be a big crash that might get to single digits when that peak is found. Everyone is far more cautious since the big bubble of '11, and some resistance will be felt when the price hits the all time high of 32, but if it holds the price will keep going up.

But then again, I was completely wrong about a month ago -
    At least I bought back in with minimal losses then

7. Nikoy

Nikoy Member

I have 14 duel socket 8 core xeon machines sitting idol at night time. all these machines are running Nvidea quadro 6000 GPU's what sort of time would it take to set these up on a schedule to run form 8pm to 6am and what sort of results could I be likely to see?

8. cvidler

cvidler Member

The nVidia cards aren't very good at it (nowhere near as good as the ATI), and CPUs are just plain terrible. You'd see not much more than increased power and A/C bills.

9. dakiller

CPU's are a complete waste of time, won't even cover the costs of electricity.

The Quadro 6000 looks to be a GTX470 equiv, maybe a bit slower. ~100Mh/s

Thats ฿0.42 per card per month running 24/7.

Nvidia cards do much worse than ATI, due to architectural differences in their cores.

Soon it will become pretty much uneconomical to run GPU mining as well, ASIC chips blow GPU's out of the water in terms of Hashes/Watt. The first few ASIC boxes have just been shipped, 60Gh/s out of 60W of power!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  10. leroyxx

leroyxx Member

Be better running folding on these, should get some nice points :)

11. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

12. .Joel

.Joel Member

Where's that $12 mark gone? Over $27 today.

13. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

Still going up - spendbitcoins is paying $28/BTC - but I agree, it's going to go back down again soon!

14. 192.168.0.1

192.168.0.1 Member

Will be cashing out 123 coins soon two. I had my fun! I wish I had about $3000 worth when it dropped down low :mad:

15. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

Which service will you be using? I moved one coin on spendbitcoin and bitinnovate today, just to test their services, but I'm thinking that I should move the rest before the market goes back down...

16. dakiller

I wouldn't count out never seeing $12 again, but I'm loving the rise as much as everyone else still holding.
    You can always setup a MtGox account and sell there, you'll get the real market there and just leave the USD in your account until you work out the best way to get out

17. daehenoc

daehenoc Member

I've bailed, threw 50 at spendbitcoin and 50 at bitinnovate. Damn, the rate is still going up, oh well :p Currently at $29/BTC, cool. After the coming drop, I'll reinvest some of the dividend and wait another three years!

18. bueller

bueller Member

Anyone looking to buy into the ASIC hardware when it comes out? I've got a little bit of disposable income and I'm really tempted to buy the 30 GH/s miner from Butterfly Labs.

19. dakiller

At the current difficulty, these boxes will pay for themselves in only months, the catch is 'current difficulty'. These things haven't shipped yet, there are large pre-orders, and it is first come first shipped, you have to wonder how profitable they'll be once they get around to shipping yours

20. Excess

Excess Member

Yea if you are deciding to jump on the ASIC ship now it is slightly too late. By the time the companies finish their current backlog, chances are bitcoin prices vs mining rate will be standardised.

Mind you the specialized ASIC rigs are very high risk as there is no other use aside from mining bitcoins.

The recent jump in bitcoin prices makes me cringe as I lost at least 100 coins to lost account/password for old mining accounts and payment services that died (worldbitcoin exchange >_>). It wasn't so bad when they were $2 each but now their at $30 I feel the pain!