[PROJECT] Blades By Baz

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by ASIGN_Baz, Jul 26, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz "Maker of awesome stuff"

Working on something a little different. Deer antler and Damascus steel. Both are rejects/offcuts from work that I toyed with until I could get something useable out of them.

[​IMG]

Damascus blade and guard hardened, tempered and etched. I have a couple more arty things I want to do to it all before I fit up and glue.

[​IMG]

Nearly there. Fit up done with a pre-glue. and all ground together. All the parts are taped and waxed before gluing, so I can pull it all apart and do the finishing touches on the steel before re-etching and re-gluing. Hopefully then it will all line up again.

[​IMG]

2. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

This little beauty has been a fiddly one, a learning curve and an enjoyable challenge. Deer antler and Damascus steel. I've a couple of little spots to tidy up before releasing it, but it's pretty much done. A lovely addition to any collection and a sharp, handy little blade. I wonder now what to call my little invention?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

The Bambi Box Cutter. :D Now get some much needed sleep mate, do you run on mains power or something?

4. Nitephyre

Nitephyre Member

Wow, that's gorgeous! :O

5. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Next project.. Baz will design wings, don a scuba tank, and unlike Icarus not only will he be able to fly close to the sun, he'll come back with some awesome pix !!

6. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

LOL! Onya Ratzz.
    Thanks Nitephyre.

Update:

My latest SUPER Kiritsuke. Extra long blade. Don't mess with the chef on the end of this!

High carbon steel blade, hammered finish. Mallee burl handle.

[​IMG]

Evilhomer and fredhoon like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

Japanese Santoku sharpened and ready for a new owner. High carbon steel, hammered finish, Mallee-burl handle. Message me if interested.

Baz.

[​IMG]

Evilhomer likes this.