1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Screen on wake up

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by badT18, Jan 29, 2010.

1. badT18

badT18 New Member

Ok im just reformated my computer and now im getting a blue screen everytime my computer wakes up from sleep mode.
    I was getting blue screen before i formated but wasnt when i woke it up i was getting them randomly (mostly when i was downloading at high speeds)

i was thinking i am getting blue screen because of faulty RAM. i got 4x 1GB kingston ram. so manualy taking out each stick of ram and testing wouldnt be ideal because i got crossfire and there is on room at all in my case so taking out the ram would mean taking the video cards and hard drives out aswel.

i was also thinking it might because my netgear usb driver (cause it seems to get blue screen when the card is in use.

i did google the blue screen code and it returned something about ATI drivers so i was also thinking of maybe its the graphic cards.

But i have no idea on how to find the problem. (even maybe its win 7 problem because i have had 1 blue screen running vista for a year.)

this is the error log
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xfffffa80055c94e0, 0xfffff88004abf7f8, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: .1001

1. Is there any tool i can test the RAM (i have done the windows RAM test and it came back fine, i also tryed mem test but i think thats for ddr 1 not ddr 2 so didnt work)

2. i got kingston normal DDR2 800mhz Ram what is the warranty on thoses, i know some of there products are life time.

3. Any other way i can test my system from this problem im open for any tools, app ect

2. Korrode

Korrode Member

http://www.memtest86.com/

Just download the ISO, burn it to a CD, and boot your system from the CD, it'll do an extensive memory test, best to leave it running for some hours.

3. OP
    OP
    badT18

badT18 New Member

i did a memtest for 9 hours and got 7 passes
    i updated my ATI rivers still didnt work

4. Dave2972

Dave2972 Member

I had similar issues in 7 and Vista so I set wakeup in BIOS to S1 from S1/S3 and the problem went away.

5. TMM

TMM Member

Going into S1 totally defeats the purpose of sleeping the computer though. You might as well just turn the monitor off.

Sounds like a driver problem to me. I'd strip down the computer to bare essentials (mobo, cpu, ram, 1 gfx card, 1 hdd, psu, nothing else) and see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, try different graphics, audio and network drivers (remember newer isn't always better!).

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  6. FireTech

FireTech Member

Try down-dating your ATI drivers to the 9.08 version.

7. grss1982

grss1982 Member

Did you update the bios of your mobo? I thought this issue had somehting to do with ACPI or something.

EDIT:

Might be worth a read: http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/windows7/windows7_sleep_problem.htm

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  8. OldnBold

OldnBold Member

What are the rest of your computer specs (including Operating system)?