1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Blueiris build or used SFF?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by winderic, Jul 30, 2020.

1. winderic

winderic Member

hi all, I am planning for my surveillance system and going to get blueiris as my NVR system.

Tossing between if i should just build a new ryzen 3200g with a320 micro board with 8 or 16gb ram, 240g ssd. About $550-ish with micro case, going to reuse my power supply (6yrs old) from an old build. Price ex windows yet. Or maybe just buy new power supply for another $60.

Or should I just save the hassle and buy a used HP or dell SFF with i7 6700 which is about $499-$599 range with Windows 10 pro.

I guess with new build I get warranty while used pc depends on luck it can last forever or not.

Have anyone got similar experiences? What's your thought on this? Trying to keep as budget as possible since it just NVR and nothing else. Feel like to provide feedback on any pc parts that I should get instead.

Thank you so much.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  2. rthy

rthy Member

Personally, SFF or tiny pc (if running external storage).
    Reliability of these ex-enterprise dell/hp/lenovo pc's have been pretty good as of late.

Have previously used an older optiplex 3040 for about a year with ispy.

3. OP
    OP
    winderic

winderic Member

Thank you. Maybe I will search around and see if I can get a good price on used unit.

Could a mod moved my thread to where what to buy? Think posted at the wrong section.

Thanks.

4. Elmf

Elmf Member

winderic I might have something for you if you're in Melb

5. OP
    OP
    winderic

winderic Member

In Perth.

Elmf likes this.
  6. ashcollector

ashcollector Member

I run a Intel 4000 series quad core with 16gig ram for my 9 camera, blue iris setup.

Its just an ex dell enterprise desktop,

My CPU usage sits at 50%, ram about 40%, hard drive gets a hammering.
    7 cameras are 5mp reolink, recording at full res and 15fps
    2 wifi 1080p reolink cameras, recording at 15 fps
    Direct to disk recording,

System has great performance, very fast playback and motion detection, even over 4g it has good performance using the web interface ( phone app is slow)

You don't need to spend a lot, I would recommend new hdd 's being the most important part, and use old hardware

How many cameras?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020