Boats and Fishing

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by nidz, Jul 25, 2019.

1. nidz

nidz Member

G'day all. I can't seem to find any generic type threads but I thought I would post one for those interested in bloating and fishing. I recently got myself a 5.1m Savage tinny and I'm in the process of cleaning it up and modifying it the way I like. I enjoy fishing and I've owned a boat previously but the motor was too old and had low compression and never ended up getting on the water.

So anyone else out there into boating and fishing? Share your experiences and stories of restoration. Maybe post some photos of your rides.

jimbogimp likes this.
  2. jimbogimp

jimbogimp Member

Nice thread yeah!
    I'm not all that into the fishing. But certainly love a good boat day.
    I've got a 2002 Haines Signature 460BR Bowrider with a 90HP Yamaha. The "Roy Scheider" (we're gonna need a bigger boat)
    I dont get out on it as much as I would like, but I recon maybe once a month in summer we're out at the sand islands near Swansea in Lake MacQuarie. The water is beautiful out there, really feels like you're in Fiji or something and its right at our doorstep... well... 5 mins to the boat ramp then a 15 min blast across the lake.

I used to be right into the skurfing & a bit of wakeboarding. Initially in my dads tinny, then behind a mad old 18ft 1970's pride clunker with a 140hp. But thats been a few years. This thing feels like a rolls royce in comparison.
    20190127_102934-1280x720.jpg 20190425_091250-1280x720.jpg 20190425_084031-1280x720.jpg 20190425_091223-1280x720.jpg

3. hippyhippy

hippyhippy Member

There's another fishing thread... probably hasn't been updated in ages...

4. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Member

I have a Brooker 475 center console with a 50hp Yamaha 4 stroke.

Currently the boat has been stripped and sand blasted. all the screw holes have been welded up and is ready for paint. Going to put Norglass 2-pak primer and 2-pak top coat on her as I only want to paint once.

5. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

There is a fishing thread as detailed in my signature, but is there one for fishing boats I ask?

Maybe ok to have this as a fishing boat thread? Show your pride and joy or organise fishing trips for the less fortunate of us?

6. BigDave

BigDave Member

Boating and fishing? Yes and Yes :):lol:

Attached Files:

7. Squeezer

Squeezer Member

Still waiting on mine to arrive but getting a Stacer Seamaster 429 with a 50HP Yamaha

8. roger1505

roger1505 Member

Does anyone have any good landbased fishing spots in Sydney?
    I'm located in the shire and I've explored Cronulla mostly.

9. Spork!

Spork! Member

I towed my "new to me" tiny tinny home yesterday.
    Nothing fancy (I have mates with big fancy boats - I can fish with them - I wanted something small, easy to manage solo, that I could tow with my Subaru).
    2004 Quintrex Trophy 3.85m with Honda 20 and 55# Minn Kota.
    It has forward and rear casting decks and decent hatches / storage for such a small boat.
    I'll likely add a livewell and rod-locker, and maybe a vinyl wrap, but otherwise it's all good to go.

mad_mic3 likes this.