bob builds win7 pc in 2020 on brand new hardware.

Discussion in 'PC Build Logs' started by BobJustBob, Mar 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

it's here. like the saying goes; you get what you pay for.. irony is, it's with star track owned by austpost.

[​IMG]

this is SB atm... soon my love, soon....
    as you see the front right fan has been off for years. sexy new fancy noctua soon... (in fact bob will probs replace all case fans and add extra ones in sots/places that were never used) but ple bentley only had 3 there (16 at warehouse) so bob got those. but i have 2 more like from before when i meant to clean case 2 years ago. (yeah, bob one lazy git) and yes, that is still a (unpluged) 1.44mb internal floppy. atm i have 6 noctua 40mm fans. the case came with 4 and two (1front 1 back) are off because they started making noise and bob stupid dogshit lazy kunt! the case also has some more slots for these fans, so bob may use two more anyway just for good measure. either way, 4 get replaced. two working still just fine (from 2007 case buy) but bob don't care. we go noctua all the way - no mix 'n match here.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  2. shane41

shane41 Member

Fuck me = more pain. Paint brush + Isopropyl alcohol $12.50 all up

3. shane41

shane41 Member

I had a shitty big mother fucker case like that ten years ago time warp :Paranoid:

edit page2 it's still not fun!

4. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

lul. you're not the old (white haired) guy who just left? o_O
    yeah, he was okay, and..? it's not the drivers obviously it's the package handlers at warehouse or wherever. i hate austpost the corporation and would TK the managers like no one else would/could!! (would as in, fantasy would - that's all!)

sign me up with following caveats;

it's 100% free including boarding and food, etc. (inc internet), but bob willing to bring hotspot thing that gives internet that bob pays for assuming it would work there)
    if there for 14days+, i can bring pc and have my own secure room. (brick walls, no windows or if with solid bars and good door with deadlock etc..) no sharing!!! no way bob sleeps in same room at night with other man/men!!
    bob gets 3-4 hours per day to game/net.

so yeah, just 3 things bob wants/needs.

5. shane41

shane41 Member

Dark dingy basement chained should be your reward. Just ask :)

100% effort every day that is that personnel.

6. shane41

shane41 Member

What Bob needs ...

1. Put away childish things. Like playing computer games and evolve a man.
    2. Lessen the stress on that overweight frame. Your heart could give out, too much strain. :thumbdn:
    3. To give up anything addictive, smoking, drinking, drugs, gambling, over indulging binge eating.

Requires 1x thing. Willpower. I have this in abundance. I discipline myself not to buy certain foods or sugar soft drinks.
    Gave up smoking 20 years ago. Instant it's flick that switch in your brain and do it.

4. That is what you do not have. You have low self esteem and low worth.
    5. Small baby steps. You can discipline yourself a small amount at a time. Diet works that way too.
    You do not go heavy at first. You do a little more each day. Improve yourself.

6. No rice, pasta, bread, butter, milk or very little. Small serve of potato. Fruit and vegetables.
    Small portions of meat. Fish is OK. No processed meats or processed foods. No soft drinks ever.
    Bigger meal mid morning to fuel that body, eat as when you are hungry. Less meal in the evening

7. Exercise. This can be horizontal so not to hurt your overweight frame. Swimming is good also.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________

If I talk about myself Bob. My job is very physical. Alot of exercise. I work well beyond my finish hours.
    Allow myself 10-15 minutes for eating. I do not stop working all day. No breaks apart from the food one.
    Hot days I have my water with me or a fruit juice for some boost.

My torso/ frame has real power. Great muscular strength. LoL I could say hard as a rock.
    Because I am matey, very strong indeed. Weakness is not an option for me.
    I hate loath laziness in others. Sooky lala's can go home early give in, have a cry.
    More power for me then :thumbup: More work more exercise.

Up at 5am Saturday. Ready for my day. :D Hook on the trailer, go for a really big drive.
    Pick up steel for my fabricating another 42" cutting deck. Grab more solar crap, panels.
    Pull the ford apart later front end. Hook into the radiator support panel repairs, another sway bar on.
    This one took x2 Kangaroo hits in the front. 1x over and 1x under. Haha these cars are tough.

What are you doing today BoB? Something positive I hope. Start your new life getting your body healthy

h2oxide likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

was up until 4am because caffeine. woke up at 11ish and started the SB clean. bob said he was goona, and bob has.
    took "all" day it's now 7pm and i will shower and then spend rest of day watching some yt vids whilst gaming a bit. i have to. actually i will obviously anyway, but i will to test cpu temps. before, when playing rust (a dog game that eats 16gb ram easy and crashes if no swapfile unless maybe you have 32gb? - bob will test that last part with BB soon...) bobby got 91C max on all cores. yeah, cpu maxes and throttles at that. but that dust didn't help either. now comes the real test. identical everything but for dust and cpu heatsink/fan. i will test after shower.

so today, was a "work" day. work enough for bobby-G. and yes, because busy, bob didn't even hunger. ate some fruit soup for breakfast and just recently some (i know) bread rolls with salami.

put 5x noctua 80mm sexys into SB and will get 1 more to make it six. the one more will be at top of psu (next to current other one). but i will need some advice about how to power two of them. why? because the current spinning 4, use the 4 available cha_fan ports. fine. the other two have no power. so i assume i will get a y-splitter that will power the other two via the old type power cable. anyway, soon enough bobby orders 3 more such fans. 1 to be used and 2 as spares. bobby like that.

the case as is now is silent (before noisy and buzzing) just "windowsing". got old foxy open with a few tabs, listening to some gypsy kings, steam client open (will need for rust). hwmonitor open (all 6 cores around 32-41C, so sittin' pretty so far)

so yeah, bob a lazy shit for letting it get that far. it never ever went that way before and never again!!!

i'll report back later about the rust outcome. it should be better. if it goes the way i think, i should not go over around 80C as opposed to 91C before. ..and if it does (yes, installed good) fuck noctua.. but let's wait and see...

note; after booting up i got that "CPU Fan error, F1 to continue" bios warning. okay, makes sense first boot after changing cpu heatsink/fan. check bios settings and all good. reboot and same. recheck bios still good. repeat a few times including booting into windows (since fan spinning and temps normal in bios) but then bob says; "nah it ain't gonna roll like that" and thinks. bob sees "cpu intelligent Q fan" monitor or some such setting in bios and the light bulb turns on. bob no longer using intel's own gear (which that q-fan thing belongs to) so disable it goes. sorted! (and yeah, cpu fan spins every time pc is on -as seen in super sexy clean pic below- and temps 30-40ish in bios, etc.) i have never used non intel cpu anything so learning experience.. and when you disable it, it changes over to the mb "fan controller" thing too, so it lets asus mb take over fan control. jucy!

on the "life" menu for bob;

march; finish SB and put her away. finish BB and start using her. oh yum yum boot speed.... finish cleaning unit which is a "done" thing. (that helps bob's mental state - a clean/uncluttered place makes bob happy and want to do things.)

april/may; begin walking my 6km route anew. (rain or not) eat better, but not "crazy" better. take drugs again? (bob tried duromine a few months back and it worked, but without activity it's almost useless. duromine is only to make your stupid brain not think about always eating. fyi; it's $140/mo. so yeah, bobby gonna bleed rocks, but whatevs..)

all in all a good day for bobby..

BEHOLD:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  8. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

..oh yeah, that air can worked real good too, so gonna grab a spare just to have... not more, like bobby would normally do, because these things "expire".. well after time, years, they may not work too good. yeah, one will do just fine.. okay, maybe two. yeah, two.
    i used air can, mainly at first and it did well, but i also used a good brush too. together, it was all good. bob approves modern air cans!

okay, anyway, shower time. bob will wash so his own skin can breathe better. then bobby gets some cherry coke from iga (open till 11pm) and games a bit. important gaming session too, as it will be test. anyway, let me go already so i can get cleaned and feel better. yes, i know soda - bad, but bobby gotta live some too. can't be all water and rice crackers or bobby gonna swallow that 12g barrel and take dirt nap. 2020 could be the year bobby does it. let bobby finish cleansing/cleaning his unit first, as that is an anchor that keeps him down. bobby getting up!!!

ok, just adding a pic of idling temps and then shower for realz!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  9. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

OMFG!!!!

this is phenomenal.. bob is crying... crying tears of joy.
    played rust and watched yt vids at 1080 which before would make cpu reach 91C and pc/case sound like a leaf blower. maybe not that loud, but it was not pleasant. now it's silent (silent bob, get it?) and cool. so far rust maxes at 57C. oh joy!

then, as the day ends, i decided not to get cherry coke. but then, THEN, as i was rusting, DAD appeared. beloved father, creator of all bestowed another gift on bob. bob has a few extra bob again, praise be to GOD ALMIGHTY!!! as such, bob went down to iga and did grab some cherry coke and will now rust some more whilst watching yt vids and "self isolating". today was a good day to die!

you all SEE how clean and sexy SB is above. now she is super pleased and is pleasuring bob with silence. now if only somehow bob himself got "cleaned" so he too could breathe easier and... and... yeah...

more testing soon and then SB gets retired. how ironic. case is pure dust for years (shows how bob's mental stability decayed at same time) and now, it's better than it has ever been, and in a few days it gets "put into storage" almost certainly never to be used again. oh, DAD, if only i was immortal.

edit; oh yeah, and as is seen, playing rust maxes cpu to 3.3 ghz (bob don't turbo) and 100% on all cores/threads, so she gets worked. but she steady at max 57C. sure, it can go up a notch here and there, but bob expected much higher.. oh what a delightful day this turned out to be. bob the pc master builder!!
    glory to bob!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  10. shane41

shane41 Member

11. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

it's more complicated than just giving up soda. i do not (truly) drink that much. for example, the last time i gave it up completely, it lasted 9 months+ and i drank nothing but water. i gained weight. and no, i 'm not confused. no tea/coffee/piss or anything but water. nine months! and no, i did not deliberately eat fattier or worse during that time. the way i remember it was that i did exactly as before but now (then) no sugary drinks at all. so instead of either losing some small weight (in 9 fucking months, a baby is "cooked" in that time in womanz tummy) or at least holding steady, i gained weight. so yeah, fuck that noise. and yes, my overall life at that time was still shit overall, but it's same as before but absolutely nothing but water as liquid intake. so it sounds illogical. and that is one example of an attempt i made.

look, if the virus doesn't get me (high risk due to age and obesity - and today i fell a slight tingling in throat - no, not psychosomatic) in april/may i may start walking again. maybe.. i need a mental boost somehow, don't you all see? (fyi, a sexy girl would do that.. alas...)

look, my only real hope is for a local to take me under their wing. no, no it's not as crazy as you might think. in fact not at all. what i would need/want is a simple thing. for a man/woman to live around 2km near me. manning road near kent st. that someone would for themselves be walking (not running/jogging) every day or at least 5 days a week. brisk walking yes. i would then meet them outside when they start their walk (should be 5-7km) and we just walk together. side by side. mostly in silence with occasional banter. that's all. yes, that, having to "do it for others" would be enough to keep me going each and every day.

anyway, my package arrived today. so out of the 4 80mm fans, two more go into SB (and i will use two extenders/spliters - hopefully they all reach) and two stay as spares. like that. and just by seeing it unintentionally when browsing for "cables", i saw (and grabbed) a (under $20) usb to parallel converter. it should be now possible to connect my dot matrix printer to a modern system. and yes, i still have a (hopefully still working) dot matrix printer. i say hopefully, because obviously electronic things that used to work but have not been used for years could die "in storage". was working last i used it.. like 15 years+ ago? but whatever, good to have that converter, and that's how bob do. it's paid for and not in debt so if i never even open it, bob's happy/good. and yes, i still have a stack of the perforated dm type paper and a brand new ribbon for that printer. that too though, may long be "expired" by having dried out. who knows. but bob could try one day. mind you, i do have (again, hopefully still working) systems with parallel ports anyway. this impulse purchase should (in theory) make it so that bob can use a dot matrix on his main pc. how cool is that? (oh yeah, and just recently i also decided bob needed a headlamp. and i gots a good one for my needs. there it is. i used it already and it's awesome. just like bobby imagined. both hands free and great lighting when working in case or whatever. it already "paid" for itself.

i joked around before, but if things get real bad (and yes, no one to blame but me), i mean real bad, i might as well if i can still do it at that time, take ice (yeah, like i 'd care about the fucking law at that stage - dying or told i am). i don't care how violent i'd get or anything else. i'd take meth to lose weight. if i end up dead due to violence or whatever or prison, whatever. it would be my "final gasp" before dying anyway. bobby like that. (btw, when i normally say "bobby like that" i mean; bob is like that, but in "slang", and not "bob likes that ..idea") of course being a drug "virgin" i'd have to first source it which in itself could be an issue, but just the idea..
    another idea, and yes, real for me, and again if i'm dying in a few months or after a stroke maybe, (and i still have full use of both arms/hands/face/etc) is to take some drugs/medicine to clam my body and also some anesthetic for my belly/torso, and use a scalpel to cut away around 15kg of torso fat. yes, i imagine (again this is last resort shit - like when a paraplegic cuts his dead legs off because the hospital won't.) i would cut my belly open like you see done in medical procedures on tv, and simply cut away the fat that is basically a "coat" inside your skin. you see what the torso is like for obese people. you have the skin (and some more layers) but then, and depending on person, around 10cm of just "bubbly yellow fat" and then the organs and important shit. so i'd just slice that fat away. as far as i know there are no veins in the fat or anything important. it would be, in my opinion, like slicing away the fat off animal meat. well, that's what i think anyway. of course there is a good chance i'd faint after cutting myself open and such, so i'd do this near a hospital emergency room. ie: i'd do it near the RPH one and near the church. so like 30 or so meters away. just some thoughts, that's all. and yes, infections and not sterile environment and all that don't matter - this would be "last resort" shit, to try before i'd surely die anyway. whatever..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  12. Agg

Agg Lord of the Pings

Uh, everything OK over there buddy? You sound like you need to speak to a counsellor or something. Tried https://mensline.org.au/ on 1300 78 99 78?

13. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

perfectly... bob just being bob. what? that it sounds dramatic? yeah, if it gets to that stage, bob may do that. maybe. self surgery, not self harm. yeah, infection is a risk and such, but the idea of just slashing away about 15kg of belly fat is very enticing. yeah, the skin would be loose and maybe dry out? (so maybe bobby needs more research) but it's just and idea, not some "looking forward to" fantasy.. but beofre that boby-G gonna try again (44th time?) via walking and better eating. (remember my lit'neasy thread?. and no, bob didn't try that still.) tldr, don't try and save bob with words, do it with kindness - by kindness bob means come get me and we walk daily 6km or so. that's how bob gets "saved". (or some similar activity/dieting method)

anyhow, back on track. so i gots all me fans now (that big fan package delayed a week - say "what" about australia post shane?) and today i was going to finish off SB and add the final two "extra" 80mm fans. lo and behold bob forgot to order some extra plastic "things" which he needs. the case never gave enough for all fan positions. drats. so after posting this, bobby goes looking for waldo. by waldo i mean these plastic things, whatever they are called. i am sure they have a specific and dedicated name. i'll start with amazon/ebay, but if you want to be nice like, link bobby-G to some. i assume something like a pack of 50/100 for around $10ish, maybe $20max.

ps: virus getting people down? not a lot of traffic in here.. oh well, bobby go play some..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  14. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

yeah, bobby ain't having much luck, especially not knowing the name. fan shroud tabs? help bobby locate a pack of these beauties, would you kindly?

15. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

two good guys above. bob like.

i have now tested multiboot on BB and it's working as intended. since it's win7/win10 (with final BB boot build being win7, win7 & win10) you get this boot menu that is "powered" by win10. so the final one will be this plus a 2nd win7 and i will also rename them properly. on this test win7 is on the nvme and win10 on it's own corsair f120 ssd. it takes 34gb and has 70ish free. that's all i want for 10 anyway, and i can use 40 or so still on it. i will want it to always have around 25gb free. the final build will be that and one more separate corsair neutron 240gb for separate win7. like that.

bob getting there....

today bob (for last 8 hours or so) run benchies on 1080ti. almost done on SB. but now bobby needs some gaming love. all work and no play makes bobby HOMICIDAL!!

tomorrow, sunday, bob will repeat all benchies but on BB. that will reveal if just mb/ram/cpu (mainly cpu) make a difference and how much. the gpu is primarily what drives them game eye candy bob so loves. but still, let's see how this boosted main three react. bob should have some news late on the morrow, and then, a few days later some more, even perhaps extraordinary news. just like that.

once that is done, bobby will get back into "major" gaming and finish game after game. at same time bobby should start walking and hopefully (again) lose weight. bobby will try, gosh darn it. pray for bobby, would you kindly!!

[​IMG]

16. kramer7

kramer7 Member

My somewhat elderly Inspiron 1545_Core 2 duo, w/ 10Pro, XPPro, and 7Pro. on a fast running Samsung ssd.

Attached Files:

BobJustBob likes this.
  17. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

drats the swedes to hell and back. this fractal design case ain't got no hdd activity led cable. assholes.. yes, the case has a nice blue power light 'n all. they could have made that blink too when hdd activity happens. what are bob's options now? buy a cable that has one end connect to the two pin mb connector and the other has a small led? and then what? bob has it stick out the case somehow? help bob you water cooler experts.

18. cbjaust

cbjaust Member

Is that the R6? Doesn't that have one led but it has connections to both the power and hdd led headers?

19. OP
    OP
    BobJustBob

BobJustBob Member

Fractal Design Define XL R2

20. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

I'm guessing not, as I don't recall this third person stuff way back when...
    Seems like a cry for attention or a plea for help. (and it's REALLY working) I've been reading WAY more of Bob's posts since he started with the whole illeism thing (illeism is referring to yourself in the third person)

I mean Bob seems to be coming at it from an Elmo from sesame street angle... which is a shame... if he did it from a Bob Dole (even the name works) or Bo Jackson approach, it would be a much more graceful undertaking, not trying to seem like a 40 year old with the mentality of an 8 year old.

but what do I know? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.