boston terrier ?

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by anark1, Jun 4, 2019.

1. anark1

anark1 Member

anyone have any experience with this breed?

with the recent passing of our King Charles Cavalier, i have decided to look at another smaller dog.

and the boston and to a lesser extent the frenchie, has come up on the top of the list.

anyone have one as a pet that can comment?

good for a small unit with two working adults?

2. anti_pop

anti_pop Member

I had a Boston and she was a great dog. She was quite intense and needed a lot of attention. I lived in an apartment with my partner and we would take her to a dog daycare 2/3 times a week due to how intense she was. Morning and afternoon walks were a must. But she was also the snuggliest, happiest and most affectionate dog I've ever owned and I would own another one in a heartbeat. Boston's have an amazing personality

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

anark1 likes this.
  3. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

You had one Brachy dog, don't get another...

4. Hetty

Hetty Member

I love my frenchie to bits, but he’s needy AF. Even if it’s rainy and windy, he still has to go for a walk. He’s super athletic. When let off a leash he’s like a rabbit and he’s very impulsive. When people have those throwing sticks at an off leash park I cringe because he flies through the air (he has springs) to grab the stick. Too many people have thought they can outsmart him and keep it out of reach so they tease him, and he almost always gets that bloody stick. I’m not sure about Boston’s but I’ve seen two types of frenchies, the crazy ones and the chilled ones. I thought they were all chilled. Nope.

He sleeps most of the day but he misses us and he’s got some anxiety issues. He’s much better than he was when he was a pup, but he still struggles with being alone.

5. Nightwish

Nightwish Member

i'd believe that about Frenchies, the one we are getting is a super chilled one. His sister on the other hand is the crazy type. Every time we go she's always running around like a lunatic, playing, annoying the hell out of her mother and making loud whiny noises whereas our boy is quiet and happy to amuse himself/sleep

Hetty likes this.
  6. sparz14

sparz14 Member

My girlfriend has a boston x frenchie. Awesome, well tempered little guy. Very well behaved. He is very spoilt and is mainly indoors, so he is very needy. He also doesn't have the breathing problems that many purebred frenchies have.
    Her brother owns 2x frenchies and they seem to run a muck (obviously upbringing plays a part) and they snort alot!