Bought something new and want to share? Post it here.

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Ma Baker, Jan 14, 2007.

1. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

2. Masteraal

Masteraal Member

Phottix Laso

Hey all,

I just bought one of these:
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...ix_ph89091_laso_ttl_flash_trigger.html?sts=pi

Its called the Phottix Laso. It enables Canon users (600exRT) to add off branded flash gear into their canon RT system.

IE:

Ive got 3 600's and now I can add my Godox AD360 and Profoto B1's into the same RT.

I obviously can't do ETTL for the B1 or change its power within my hot show mounted 600 but I can obviously turn the group off and on and things like that.

Totally worth the $100USD.

My plan is to buy a couple of the AD200s and have upto 5 flashes if I need it.

3. lonewolf1983

lonewolf1983 Member

got my D500, bought without even road testing one in person to replace my D7200 (and maybe D3S)

Yet to actually shoot it but first impressions make me think its going to be a good companion to my D4, probably better AF but a stop worse noise.
    Same shooting speed and both can use my XQD's which is nice.

I much prefer the bigger build over the D7200 too, love the subselector (used to it on D4) and an AF-on button.
    Live view is best of nikon's i've used - i've been spoiled by Sony.
    Touch screen is handier than expected

Shooting footy match this weekend so will see how it stacks up

4. humanrace

humanrace Member

would it be easier to use Jinbei's system if you want to mix canon+other systems and use canon's ettl/radio trigger system?

or just go all godox (but that would require you to get rid of most of your stuff)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  5. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Figured it was time

[​IMG]

6. Psyentist

Psyentist Member

So I've started building up a small portable home studio. Got the Jinbei kit from Photo Shop Studio.

Am now acquiring seamless paper. Can't believe how much I am spending on paper; it's tough the stomach really ..

Also got myself the Sigma 85 Art (in turn adapted to Sony). Awesome lens!! Much, much better than the native FE mount Batis with regard to one-shot AF, particularly in low-light. C-AF is useless but maybe it will be addressed via firmware.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  7. FranchiseJuan

FranchiseJuan Member

Got to love when the courier picks up and delivers on the same day when you are excited to get something. :D

[​IMG]

8. Meeprawr

Meeprawr Member

I bought a nikon 200-500mm 5.6 today, and took it over to watsons bay to test it out... I didn't manage to check the images out until I got home, but the results weren't exactly good.

I'm trying to figure out what went wrong, maybe someone can help me identify the issue? It was on a D750 body, shot in manual, continuous af, vr on. I also use the trinity but I've never had any issues with those.

http://imgur.com/a/dLiKX

So it looks like I'm getting some sort of ghosting/blur, and I double checked to make sure I was following the reciprocal rule. The weird thing is that the images still appear to be sharp? I checked more images and some of my previous shots were ghosting/appearing in the following ones... I can't exactly test this lens at home, so it's driving me crazy at the moment. I'm definitely not ruling out user error... I probably forgot something.

9. lonewolf1983

lonewolf1983 Member

Thats odd, wasnt set to shoot in bracketing/HDR mode was it?
    Looks like multiple frames with shifted composition

10. Xang

Xang Member

That would be my guess as well. Definitely not a lens issue at least.

11. mr_wrxman

mr_wrxman Member

You've got multiple exposure turned on. Camera takes 2 photos and merges them into one.

12. Meeprawr

Meeprawr Member

Thanks! I was messing with HDR and bracketing was on from an earlier shoot, I completely forgot.

I'm loving the lens, but it weighs as much as a small child... time to look for a monopod :)

13. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Man up.. Hit the gym!

14. lonewolf1983

lonewolf1983 Member

lol, please.

The 200-500 is 2nd from right :shock:

[​IMG]

15. Scootre

Scootre Member

This arvo I took advantage of the Canon 30 Years of EOS rebate deal. Picked up the 11-24 f4L, so with the deal, it's a $1000 rebate. What a nice piece of kit this thing is. Sharp as a tack. Here's a pic. Full frame, HDR. My conscience, sitting on my left shoulder is arguing with my better judgement, sitting on my right shoulder, over whether or not I should sell my beloved 16-35mm f2.8L II. Noooo.

[​IMG]

Anyway... the sucker weighs in at over a kilo and the lens cap is shitty, but I knew that going in. Absolutely love this lens. Here's one of my first shots. In the rain.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  16. Danthemanz

Danthemanz Old School Admin

While i love my Canon full frame setup, its not always possible to have with you.

I had tried M43 with mixed results and had settled on the Fuji X100S followed by the X100T.

I couldnt bring myself to buy yet another X100 so i made the jump.
    Im now the proud owner of the following:

FujiFilm X-T20
    23mm F2
    27mm F2.8
    35mm F2

I am SSSOOO impressed with these lenses and the new sensor.
    Its everything i could ask for in a small setup.
    The 23mm is CRAZY sharp (and magic AF), the 27mm blows the M43 20mm 1.7 out of the water and the 35mm F2 is such a great little fast 50mm, i couldn't be happier.

I may be on a high given my first child was born 48 hours ago, but the new gear has helped give me capture some amazing memories from it!!

The Canon still wins in most metrics, but the gap is closing, its certainly not proportional to its physical size!
    Not sure if i can justify the 85/135mm equivs when i have such great Canon glass sitting here (thats not much larger), i want to try them out so much though!!!

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  17. Zardoz

Zardoz Member

I have my eye firmly on this lens as a replacement for my 16-35 II - I want something wider and I rarely use the 16-35 above 24mm anyway (and for 35mm, I have the 1.4 II).

18. wild

wild Member

19. HorrorLand

HorrorLand Member

New $20 rotatrim M17 to go with my $50 M30. I think this one will live in the new darkroom.

Click to view full size!

20. wild

wild Member

Got my other new toy today:

Click to view full size!

Still waiting on the softbox for my Godox AD360, then it's time to take it all out for a test drive :)