Bought something new and want to share? Post it here.

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Ma Baker, Jan 14, 2007.

1. splbound

splbound Member

Damn, ya better have something very comfortable to carry all that stuff. Europe means a shit ton of walking around so pack horsing it around ain't fun. Also make sure your camera insurance is adequate.

I don't go the DSLR gear now unless I want something very specific. I rather take my EOSM's instead, much lighter and very capable for my holiday snapshots.

Depends on your shooting style but If I had your gear for Europe I would say the 24-70,14 and an ultra small travel tripod would cover 80% for the holiday snapshot type photos. In general places in Europe don't leave you much room to take a step back at times.

2. metalrain

metalrain Member

Might be less painful if you plan your shooting days and locations before hand. But yeah I will reiterate my input that a 24-70mm f/2.8 would have been more than enough for me on a trip :cool:

3. Pbx_Jnr

Pbx_Jnr Member

IMG_20180603_151134-1 (Large).jpg

Went to Cameraholics in Brisbane today and picked up this little gem :) The glass is absolutely pristine and I couldn't resist testing it out on my A7RIII straight away.

DSC05702 (Large).jpg

4. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

4A3D316A-A83F-4846-964E-5070B209479B.jpeg

Oops!

BloodDonor likes this.
  5. Michael H

Michael H Member

Hah, I just bought that exact Panasonic setup, plus a 60mm Oly macro.

EDIT: I got the 8-18mm.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    holdennutta likes this.
  6. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

I've been fiddling in between jobs at work and holy moly this thing has a lot of things to customise when compared to my Canon M5. Feels like a total tank too.

That 100-400mm at equiv 800mm hand held is stable as hell with the dual IS.

7. herzeg

herzeg Member

Samples or nothin'...

8. birdie

birdie Member

Opps...
    [​IMG]

A couple of lenses still on the wish list (10-24mm f/4, 56mm f/1.2 and maybe the 23mm either f2 or f/1.4)

BloodDonor likes this.
  9. BloodDonor

BloodDonor Member

Bought a Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 Art lens... very stoked, its buttery smooth for focus/zoom, as well as a new tripod... Only trouble is now I have too many lenses for my bag

50mm
    18-35
    18-200
    90mm

[​IMG]

10. millsy_c

millsy_c Member

I continue to lust for one of those, nice!

11. birdie

birdie Member

Next lot of purchases arrived today :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wouldn't mind seeing if I can get a quick release for the strap to make it easy to swap to a wrist strap when I want.

Thanks to the 25% of sale on eBay, I bought the "almost" fly more combo, I wasn't interested in the DJI bag and this was cheaper than a Fly more combo anyway...
    I've gone from a Phantom 3 Pro > Spark Fly More Combo > Mavic Pro. I think this will be the best of both with the higher quality camera, but with portability so I'll take it with me more places.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now I just need to decide what case I actually do get. I am thinking maybe the small soft cases for the drone and remote so I can then throw them into a larger backpack with my other gear, whether that's a laptop backpack or my LowePro Vertex 100 camera backpack.

BloodDonor and brayway like this.
  12. havabeer

havabeer Member

I’ve never bothered with a case for my mavic, as long as the two camera protectors are on, I just throw an elastic band around the propellers and throw it in the glove box so it’s always on hand.

13. Scootre

Scootre Member

I bought the fly more combo. Not impressed with the DJI case. The internal compartments are a little too snug for my liking. Leaving the props attached runs the risk of getting them caught on the inside of the bag and bending them when putting the drone in or out of the bag. So I have to take the props off. Apart from that, the bag is nice and compact. But given the choice, I'd buy a different bag.

birdie likes this.
  14. birdie

birdie Member

I ended up buying two different styles: [​IMG]

The first one for when I want to throw the Mavic Pro in backpack with other gear, and the second larger all-in-one case to cary it all in one case.

15. bueller

bueller Member

Back after a looooong hiatus with no camera, spending a month in Europe over September so figured it was time to get something new.

Ebay has 20-25% off a ton of stuff at the moment so I picked up a Fuji X-T2 + 27mm 2.8 lens for $1725 delivered. Best thing is Fuji has a $350 cash back on for the X-T2 so all up I'm looking at about $1400 for the pair. Incredible timing, I very nearly pulled the trigger on the body alone from DWI last week at close to $1600 delivered. That would have been annoying!

16. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

Bought me a few new toys. Some I am waiting on. Some I have received.

Bought a Sony A6500 + 18-135mm kit lens for my daughter. This will act as a backup and third camera for me on weddings. She has a Fuji XT-10, but with me moving to Sony (from Nikon) it made sense for her to be on the same system.

A7iii x 2 and Sony 24-105mm (still waiting)

Mieke grip for A7iii. Will possibly add another one later.

Sony Zeiss 35mm f1.4 lens

Sony G Master 85mm f1.4 lens

Rode VideoMic Pro+

Godox V860ii-S to replace my Nikon ones

Godox AD200 to go with my other one I already have (and AD600)

Godox XPro-S trigger

Peak Design everyday messenger, Slide strap, and a few other bits n pieces. I really like this bag. Will fit my Sony kit nicely for most tasks.

[​IMG]
    ^^ Testing out the A6500 + 35mm/85mm lenses.

Now I just need the cameras to get here so I can sell off my Nikon kit and pay back the credit cards!

nisstrust likes this.
  17. Xang

Xang Member

If you're using them off-camera, you could have kept your old Godox flashes ;)

For on-camera you need the -S versions though.

18. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

I only use speed lights on camera. I have 2xAD200 and AD600 when I want off camera lighting. Still keeping my old X1-N trigger for those times I might want it.

19. millsy_c

millsy_c Member

Picked these up in the last few days on the amazon and ebay sales :)
    Tokina 100mm Macro (couldn't say no for 359 new), with the super duper high performance SD card it came with.
    upload_2018-7-23_12-57-21.png
    And the amazon basics camera bag, wanted to try out this type of bag, back likes it so far
    upload_2018-7-23_12-58-36.png

20. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

That's an amazing lens. I'm keeping it for my Sony kit and adapting it. I mostly manually focus macro work anyway.