Bought something new and want to share? Post it here.

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Ma Baker, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

I doubt you'll find an adapter anywhere. I bought one on ebay and that's the only place I found one, as all stock of it has been MIA for some time. I'm now just waiting on an R5 to show up.

2. metalrain

metalrain Member

I have a control ring version on hold at a local store. If I can source a drop in version in the next couple of days, I'll go for that for the time being if it's no bueno.

EDIT: Scratch that. Just ordered the CPL drop filter with the adapter online. Seems to be one of the last stocks locally.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  3. metalrain

metalrain Member

Decided to replace my G1 with the G2. I was tempted by the RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, but I couldn't justify it for the price.

[​IMG]

I know I could be setting myself up for a problem if there is a future compatibility issue, but at least with this one, I can upgrade the firmware myself rather than having to send it off and lose access for two weeks like with the G1.

4. lonewolf1983

lonewolf1983 Member

yep its the way to go with sigma/tamron glass, i used to have the G1 and by all accounts the G2 is a fair bit better

5. metalrain

metalrain Member

I had to literally tell myself out loud the RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM just costs too much considering I only use my 70-200mm f/2.8 lenses very occasionally. But damn, it took a lot of will power not to spend that extra 150% of the price of the G2.

Added benefit with sticking with the EF mount lenses though is I can use these with my DSLR. So that's handy I guess.

6. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

I just received a Sony A7R4. Picked it up grey market at a ridiculously good price. Also pre-ordered the A7S3. I now need to sell some cameras as I have no need for all of them. But I just don't know which ones to sell? I currently have 2 x A73's and an A6400.

Thinking I might offload one A73 now while it still has a bit of value. I love the ergonomics and better focus of the A7R4. Soon as the A74 is released I will upgrade the other A73.

7. metalrain

metalrain Member

Hmmm, what about the rumored a7C? Seems like a neat, compact FF body with the leaked specs. I know it maybe too soon to call it, but paired with those smaller f/2.8 primes, seems like would be awesome and perhaps pocketable in a jacket?

8. Hater

Hater Member

Be kind of like a slightly larger Olympus Pen-F sporting the LUMIX 14mm pancaker, interesting

9. metalrain

metalrain Member

I just got a Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI for cheap! It's been years since I've upgraded my Speedlite so this is pretty exciting for me lol

herzeg likes this.
  10. herzeg

herzeg Iron Photographer

Undertook an opportunistic upgrade, Nikon 85mm 1.8G to Tamron 85mm 1.8 VC, and it's blowing my socks off right now - the Nikon is a solid prime, but marked improvement in chromatic aberration, coma, and micro-contrast with the Tamron. At this point, calling it worthwhile.

11. lonewolf1983

lonewolf1983 Member

yep i have the 85mm and have shot a lot of others and it lags behind in some respects with sharpness and especially CA
    Still renders pretty nice though when you get it right

12. metalrain

metalrain Member

Oh joy, I'm interested in the Tammy too. f/1.4 would be neat, but the VC would be even better for those slower shutter speeds.

13. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

I owned the Tamron 85mm when I shot Nikon and it's an amazing lens. Very underrated.

My A7S3 got delivered last week.