REVIEW Brateck Free Standing Dual Monitor Mount (13"-27")

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by d3vour3r, May 7, 2014.

1. d3vour3r

d3vour3r Member

I wanted to free up some desk space because the current arm mounts I had for my 27" QNIX and 24" Acer were too low. My idea was to consolidate my monitors onto one stand and have them raised to a more comfortable eye height.

I decided to go with this brateck because of its ability to hold 2x 27" screens. I haven't been able to confirm this as I only have a 27 and 24 inch screen, but from visual inspection I believe it can hold 2x 27" screens, although not with much angle between them.

Click to view full size!

The hardware in the bracket seemed really sturdy, Ive had other multi monitor stands where each monitor sags and does not quite line up. This is because the main arm that holds both monitors is the one single bracket it makes this a nice and study design. The mounting points swivel and tilt, my only complaint being is that it can be tricky tightening these up as there isn't a lot of room to get the allen key in there.

Click to view full size!

The height from my desk to the top vesa mount hole was 395mm. This brings the monitor upto eye level which is really comfortable for me. It is unfortunate that the base is really large and may interfere with some desktop items, but I also understand it is needed to make the stand sturdy with these large monitors. With my current keyboard and mouse set up it is fine, but for people who really like to spread out it may be an issue.

Click to view full size!

All in all I am happy with this stand. There isn't a lot of options on the market for dual 27" screens under $100. I paid $85 from officeworks. I have summarised pros and cons below.

Pros:
    - Good monitor height
    - Sturdy build
    - Ability to hold 2x 27" monitors
    - Reasonable value
    - Swivel/tilt/height adjustment

Cons:
    - Large base may impact on desk space
    - Not a lot of angle between 2x 27" monitors
    - Difficult to adjust/tighten, but not impossible

2. Potplanty

Potplanty Member

Thinking about it

Thanks for the review. I was considering getting one of their triple stands for my 24"s but the lack of brand name/recognition wasn't helping make my mind up. Hoping the triple stand is a single arm as well.

3. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

looks good but I would want a desk mounted one for space underneath, not sure if there is many that can take the weight though.

4. OP
    OP
    d3vour3r

d3vour3r Member

I'm pretty sure they do a tripple 24" that's a single arm type. Should just as solid.

There are plenty out there that bolt to desk. Good quality ones are pretty exy tho.

5. kambo_rambo

kambo_rambo Member

How much did you pay for this and where did you get it from?

6. OP
    OP
    d3vour3r

d3vour3r Member

I paid $85 from officeworks