1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Brie

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by Deftone2k, Jun 11, 2015.

1. forbaz

forbaz Member

nice. I saw your earlier comments re MM vs fbook etc. Haven't done one of these style shoots myself, but will keep them in mind if I do. Awesome stuff.

2. OP
    OP
    Deftone2k

Deftone2k In the Darkroom

Yeah its good fun, the hardest part is the talent really. Working with people who know how to pose and how they look makes such a big difference. If they are new, quite young or havent properly seen how they look you really have to give them loads of direction, which can take away from some of the fun of it imo.

3. OP
    OP
    Deftone2k

[​IMG]Brie by Jack Chauvel, on Flickr

Some film from the shoot :thumbup:

RZ67 + 110 2.8 on Acros 100 developed in XTOL (1+1) and scanned at home on the Fuji Frontier.

4. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

#2 is excellent :thumbup:

Is that the car park at Fox studios?

5. OP
    OP
    Deftone2k

Sure is :)

6. dodgyexposure

dodgyexposure Member

A nice set. #2 is the most striking - model looks 8 feet tall! I like the look of #1, but the composition doesn't quite work for me somehow - a bit too centred for a smallish subject, maybe?

The last one would look better if you replace your car (no offence) with something a bit more faaaabulous . . .

7. OP
    OP
    Deftone2k

Cheers for the chatter, I shot #1 a few ways and one of the final delivered images was similar to that, but the crop had her more in the top left third of the image. Doing these shoots one of the hardest things is breaking my 'how you shoot week in week out at weddings' mindset so sometimes I get it mostly right in camera and then fine tune it later.

My thoughts are the lines, you can see the many that intersect across the different thirds of the image and I wanted her full body in the reflection (which sadly I couldnt get quite right no matter the angle with the size of the pool and distance to the pole). That is how I shot it and ultimately cropped it during editing though.

Mind you the final set was 140+ images, this was just 10 I grabbed as a preview for her and shared it not long after the shoot.

Haha dont knock gramps, tbh the last shot was experimental if I had planned it I may have taken my older e30 coupe along. We were finishing up and I thought I could try front lighting her with the car park light and providing my own rim light with the car. Worked kinda cool with the colour balance, something ill keep in mind for next time for sure :thumbup: Especially since for that shot the styling of it all (clothing included) would be different.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  8. xhanatos

xhanatos Member

yup#2 is the best, but clone out the fluro and emergency exit sign?

(overall, 1,2,3 are tops)

9. OP
    OP
    Deftone2k

Ta mate, I updated the OP with the delivered shot (had taken out the Exit) but might do one without the fluro as well

10. wiztek

wiztek Member

That film scan looks amazing. Must be so awesome to scan to that quality at home!!

How did you clone out the exit sign? Do you use photoshop or just lightroom?

11. OP
    OP
    Deftone2k

It's a pretty awesome thing to have, but then I paid enough for it so.. haha I am looking forward to churning the rolls through it over the next 6 months.

Just LR, I only really need to go into PS if there is cloning where objects overlap skin or some big areas where its easier to have some finer control.

12. dche5390

dche5390 Member

Looking good Jackie boy :thumbup:
    Now paint me like one of your French girls.

13. chainbolt

chainbolt Member

Interesting visual effect in # 2. :thumbup:

14. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

She's a lovely looking model, nice shots :thumbup: