Begin big first post... For ages I've been wanting to do a briefcase type mod but never really had the motivation.. But after seeing fauxhounds briefcase mod and Claymens bunnings spec system I had an idea, Briefcase NAS! Last year I put together a HTPC but have never really used it so I'll flog the CPU, Board and Ram from that, add a decent PSU and some HDD's and Bob's you're Aunty. The hardware (so far) consists of; Asus M3A78-EMH HDMI Athlon 4850e 2gig ram 600CD storage case from ebay A case handle 3x 120mm led fans 3x 120mm alum grills 3x 92mm alum grills 2x Cool looking led buttons Still to come (kinda undecided); Corsair 500w odd PSU 6x 1.5TB drives (or best $$/GB at the time) A few 92mm fans These are about all the details I have, this is more of a wing it as you go type project so on with the pictures! The case The case again The case open Some supplies The fans lit up The fans lit up in the dark Case mock-up More case mock-up Yet more case mock-up. So at this point I’m pretty happy with the general layout of things but it’s still early days. Que a couple of days later.. The rails and side cover removed A close up of the case Another close up of the case Bits n pieces The removed pieces A quick mock-up More mock-up More mock-up Mock-up with possible HDD layout Reusing rails for HDD layout HDD layout with rails I’m pretty happy with the general layout of things, although I think a reworking of the HDD positioning is in order. I reckon a single stack of disks laid horizontally instead of 3 vertical ones, but that’s for a later date. And again after a few more days.. Fan bracket mock up Still in beta stages but a good start Fits pretty well Seal the gap with a little bit of foam Again the foam to fill the gaps Using the rails removed from the case I’ve made a pre-beta fan bracket, it fits really well to where some of the existing case pins are so with a bit of drilling and riveting it can be secured quite well. I think a bit of foam to fill the gap between the case and the fans to get a good seal as I’ll be chopping 3 holes in the side for the grills. That’s pretty much where it’s up to so far but things are moving along pretty well so hopefully some there will be some updates soon!