Brisbane colo

Discussion in 'Business & Enterprise Computing' started by 7nothing, Nov 10, 2019.

1. 7nothing

7nothing Member

With Pipe DC3 shutting down next year, we're looking for a colo rack within a short drive of Brisbane CBD.

So far talking to iSeek Woolongabba (already have some backup data at their Eagle Farm DC so won't move in there) and OTW at 100 Wickham (brings back memories of my webcentral days... including 1960's circuit breaker blowing in the basement).

Looking for the small and friendly side (NextDC kindly told us they can't give us a quote unless we get a company secretary to sign a commercial agreement, figured they'd be out of the running price wise anyway, don't need tier 4).

Reasonably significant factor is x-connect costs, have a need for 3 plus transit.

Any recommendations?

2. oli

oli Member

I doubt NextDC is that much more expensive if you work through the right provider. The Fortitude Valley B2 facility is solid.

3. 1dongchen

1dongchen Member

Are Superloop in Brisbane?

4. oli

oli Member

5. Skitza

Skitza Member

We have two racks in NDC B2 and it's excellent but probably not cheap, especially for power. Maybe ECN at Toowong?

6. scips

scips Member

Equinix?

I've only been to ME1 (near NextDC M1) in Port Melbourne but they were waaaaaaaaaay easier to deal with than NextDC (facilities for the colo racks were way nicer too imo)

3 months of 2-3 nights a week alternating between them (carrier infrastructure upgrade) so not just a quick tour.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  7. EclipZ

EclipZ Member

Servers Aus?
    Have racks in NextDC and Equinix in BNE and currently having a rack sale

8. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

iSeek Brisbane Airport district used them before and rate, also check 8 Mile Plains there are a few down there that do 1/2 racks. Also aren't micron21 in Brisbane?

9. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

Could always stick with Bevan and go with Superloop if that's an option, I personally know people through OTW and iSeek so would rate them as well. - Cost wise is another factor... though.

10. Luke212

Luke212 Member

solid, as in, they havent had a catastrophy yet?

i dont trust any aussie companies to do a data centre.

11. Hive

Hive Member

Servers australia for colo, rate them highly.

Yeah i know what you mean. They probably all stopped politely smiling in the sales meetings and started sneering suspiciously when you told them you're about to fill a rack to the brim with old dell watercooled whiteboxes, zero latency wireless token ring routers and network cards all to run a government website for $500 in consultation fees?

I feel the joke is getting old. Oh well.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    HSV_Enigma likes this.
  12. mjunek

mjunek Member

I havent used their Brisbane Data centre, but I did deal previously with Fujitsu at North Ryde (Syd) and Noble Park (Mel) - The Brisbane one is in 8 Mile Plains.
    Easy to work with, cross-connection costs were one-off (not per month like other DCs) and we had no issues getting any carrier into them.
    Cost was pretty reasonable for a 4kW full rack.