Broadband a Third World joke...

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by corefreak, Oct 20, 2007.

1. effekt26

effekt26 Member

no, didnt complain to any board, coz wouldnt have got anywhere, tho it was funny that about a week later, suddenly I was in the green, and able to be serviced by my, because ports opened up, after a discussion with the telstra person...

no, actually, i did, i told them that I wanted to sign up for broadband, on the phone, sales dude said ok, your eligable at that address. then I explained to them how another isp said i was not, due to lack of ports, so when i asked this guy why i could get it through bigpond, he had no straight answer, and a week later, ports "opened up"

now, not trying to start a massive telstra conspiracy, that is just what happened in my experience.

so even tho there is one company supplying infrastructure to darwin, its not a monopoly... hmmm

2. Herbo

Herbo Member

I know someone this happened to as well. Though I'm pretty sure he said to them he was going to complain to someone.

You still haven't answered my question Wilf, if Telstra is so great why don't you have your internet through them?

3. Wilf

Wilf (Banned or Deleted)

how about you answering mine?

where did I say Telstra were so great?

Typical strawman from a Telstra basher/whiner, having to make things up!

4. yezzum

yezzum Member

Did you even read my last post?? I agreed that his point is valid that Telstra holds a monopoly on supply into Darwin. My point was that it's not a monopoly in an anti-competitive sense as other ISP's can build in their own supply. They just choose instead to utilise Telstra infrastructure and in doing so, allow the monopoly situation to remain. You can't seriously argue against a monopoly that you're, in effect, helping to maintain!!

5. Herbo

Herbo Member

No shit we'd all be with their competitors, you are pro Telstra and don't even have your internet through them!

What have you asked me that I haven't answered? Most of your rebuttles have been to questions from other people.

6. Wilf

Wilf (Banned or Deleted)

Not pro Telstra, just anti the Telstra bashing/whining that goes on devoid of facts, full of lies!

"and where would the billions come from to do that and compensate the shareholders?"

and

"So you think it is a good thing for G9 to take Telstra's copper without paying anything for it, then sell access back to Telstra of their own network..... and what about services like Public telephones and the RTA's traffic signal network, which G9 do not mention, or the business's with a business grade network with diversity that G9 will not provide?"

7. revhed

revhed Member

They have. Do you not understand the purpose of an example?

8. Wilf

Wilf (Banned or Deleted)

where exactly then?

9. Herbo

Herbo Member

The Telstra split is enevitable so you may as well get used to that idea.

No I don't see it being a problem at all considering Telstra will then be hoping onto the new fibre network they paid ZERO to build.

The government would simply NOT allow vital things like the traffic signal network to be affected so that's really not a sensible issue. What are the business grade plans offered by Telstra like? To hazard a guess the G9 network would offer something superior in speed and price, that is pure speculation though. I assume your mention of them not offering a "business grade network with diversity" is also pure speculation?

10. Wilf

Wilf (Banned or Deleted)

so who exactly is going too compensate the shareholders then?

so a private company having their assets and customers confiscated by another private company, with no compensation being paid, and you see no problem with that....

It is very obvious then you would have no problem with me taking your car and house, then charging you rent to live there and for you to use your car!!

so what exactly are G9 going to do about it then? Why does their SAU make no mention of it?

very good, unfortunately the G9 make no mention of business plans... another thingthey seem to have forgotten!

in other words you have no clue at all! Nothing new there...

and it has been noticed you avoided my other question....

11. Herbo

Herbo Member

Doesn't Telstra claim that currently they are made to charge LESS than it actually costs them to give competitors access to their network? So wouldn't that then in turn mean that if someone else bought it and had to charge the same as Telstra that Telstra would then be laughing all the way to the bank just like all of their "evil" leeching competitors? :rolleyes:

Drama queen. They are not being confiscated. They are being upgraded/integrated into a better network that Telstra can then pay to access at a price even less than what they say it costs them to run their current slower network.

If you were going to make my car faster for less than it costs me to run it now, go for gold! :)

I can only assume that it's a given? Why on earth would they remove this service, or why would the government let them?

The G9 is not an ISP wouldn't the "business plans" be up to the ISP's? Or are you talking infustructure? In which case a fibre to the node network would make things a hell of a lot cheaper since it's all already in place and available to the common man?

Once again I am crushed under the pure weight of your facts backed up with links, oooh woah is me...

Has it been now? :)

12. Wilf

Wilf (Banned or Deleted)

Liar. They are, does Telstra have access to them and the customers connected to the copper?

No, as G9 want to disconnect the copper from the node.

it is so funny the lies that the Telstra bashers/whiners come up with, as they cannot argue with the facts!

13. cgheaven

cgheaven (Banned or Deleted)

Go smoke some more pot u anti liberal pwang. Why is it people can get 100mbit unlimited downloads in Japan and not here?

14. Wilf

Wilf (Banned or Deleted)

Just look at the size of Japan, the population of Japan and the language spoken and you may realise why

- why is this question continually asked, are the kiddies unable to do some simple research themselves?

15. Herbo

Herbo Member

Oh noes the Telstra customers are not connected to the copper network anymore and are connected through the fibre that's faster and cheaper (for Telstra)!

Are you saying G9's proposal wants home's disconnected from all the current exchanges? If so feel free to give me one of these links you keep mentioning so I can have a read up on it. Even if that was the case, again what does it matter if they will have access to a faster network for a lower price?

it is so funny the lies that the Telstra lovers/workers come up with, as they cannot argue with the facts!

^^^^^
    Now I'm just as right as Wilf!

16. Wilf

Wilf (Banned or Deleted)

As I thought, typical Telstra basher/whiner, you have no idea at all what the G9 proposal is!

already been given, this is another example of what a Telstra basher/whiner does, theydo not follow links as if they did that they would realise that they have nothing!!

care to show one lie I have made here? No, I did not think so!

17. grimwood

grimwood Member

How can he say a lie when he hasn't said anything at all? (apart from that one link a couple of pages back).

Just let it go Herbo, you've already show you've got more patience than me ;).

Daniel.

18. Drunkmunky

Drunkmunky Member

I don't think the G9 proposal (in it's current form) is the answer we seek, it basically just wants to take Telstra's monopoly by force and hand it over to these 9 Telco's. Trading one evil for another evil IMO, needs to be radically amended.

Wilf please before you start saying your statements are "fact" and that everyone else is wrong because they havn't provided links with evidence. Show us your own goddamn evidence that what you say is fact, I went through this whole thread and clicked on every link you or other people had provided and couldn't find anything supporting your arguments.

19. lavi

lavi Member

3 of my friends churned from bigpond to iinet this week and 4 more on the way next week

20. Mshake

Mshake Member

How is this statement contributes to the argument that broadband's a third world joke???

Anyway....i think we have strayed from good discussions to a little bit of telstra bashing (not that I am against this in any way...hehehe). Do not let this become another whingepool hehehehe