Broadband a Third World joke...

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by corefreak, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Iceman

Iceman Member

I'm at work, I had a brief glance at the agile site but couldn't see one.

I'll answer that when someone explains to me how not selling a product at the extent of it's technical limits, while allowing others to do so, is "holding Australia back"..

2. Herbo

Herbo Member

First it was "maybe the infustructure can't cope" now it's "why should they". Well done.

Reminding you of my orignal point if you've forgotten already, they limit ALL ADSL1 to 384kbps upload, even what they resell.

Your attitude is just as retarded as Wilf's.

3. Zzapped

Zzapped Member

Telstra are a business, they dont give a f*ck about you or me or what we could possibly get, they care about returning a profit to their shareholders and investors.......nothing else and they are very good at doing exactly that

Cheers

Z

4. Iceman

Iceman Member

:rolleyes: I was actually trying to simplify the problem so you might explain yourself without jumping all over the place.. now if you could just answer the question?

You didn't answer my question, how is this "holding Australia back"

And you're just a whiner who doesn't have the vaguest understanding of how Australia's internet works, but are prepared to spread shit about it and blame "Telstra" like it's the only name you know.

5. Herbo

Herbo Member

You are hilarious and only looking slightly less stupid than Wilf. Go back and read what I wrote and how you replied to it. You mention NOT A SINGLE THING about "why should they" it's "you need to pay to upgrade your infrastructure" etc. Now that you've got no arguement on that front you pull out the "why should they". Way to change the response! It's only a page back but I can't quote if you'd really like.

You don't consider artificially limiting upload speeds holding Australian internet bacK? Ok, do you even consider them limiting ADSL1 to 1.5mbps (from its possible 8mbps) for a few years holding Australia back then?

What are you even talking about? You're the one that harped on about them needing to upgrade their infustructure yet they're happy enough to offer it to anyone on THEIR ADSL2+. You know that thing that they ONLY offer if a competitor offers it from an exchange? Would you consider THAT, holding back Australian internet?

6. Iceman

Iceman Member

I'm sorry. I tried to change tact in an attempt to help you grasp how things work but you've failed and degenerated into abuse. I'm happy for you to remain loud and ignorant. I'm done with you.

7. Herbo

Herbo Member

Saves addresssing anything I suppose.

Oh noes I called you stupid, and you said FIRST...
    I'd say that's as bad if not worse?

LOLOLOL

8. Reaper

Reaper Member

That's hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. :thumbup:

Herbo, why do they hold back adsl uploads? Just look at what they did with 8mbps adsl. It's so they can offer future upgrades without having to do anything, yet appearing as though they did.

Thought you'd figure that simple logic out by now.

9. Zzapped

Zzapped Member

Im confused as to why you find that funny..........

Cheers

Z

10. Kaine[zof]

Kaine[zof] Member

I'm all for Telstra returning a profit. I don't even really blame them for the current situation of broadband in Australia, the Libs should've looked further into the future and realised that letting a company with a monopoly on communications off the government leash would be a bad idea.

What I CAN blame Telstra for is lying, widtholding information, using customers as pawns for political motivations, claiming they are "All Australian" when the vast majority of big money earners in the company aren't Australian and their generally deceptive and manipulative business practices. You're an idiot if you believe they are just trying to maximise their profits for the shareholders. They don't give a fuck about the shareholders, or they'd be doing more to get the share price up.

Right now all the big Telstra managers care about is lining their american pockets with as much Australian money as possible, giving their CV a boost and quitting with a fat payout before the shareholders kick them out for crashing their stock price.

11. Drunkmunky

Drunkmunky Member

Thanks for those incredibly useful links! having a look at the second one "International IP Network" I hope that diagram is just the Internode network, only 2x 622mb between sydney and melbourne? Am I completely out of whack or are these standard speeds for the network backbones? You could set up faster links at home than those :( Yes they are long distance links though, it would be interesting to see Telstra's logical network maps.