Broadlink RM Mini 3 Black Bean Smart Home Wifi

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by MR CHILLED, Sep 27, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Nope, all good here for any devices I throw at it, even my older ducted air con. Have you googled to see if others had the issue with your particular problematic devices? Is it more than one device you're having an issue?

2. Eclipsor

Eclipsor Member

I've had a bit of a look. Finding info on these seems to be a bit tricky. Will keep looking though. The only other device I've tried is the tv and the air con which seems to work first press. ta

3. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yeah they really aren't very much mainstream and more a small enthusiastic thing I guess right now. Pair that up with a specific device such as yours and it can be hard to find any info.

4. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

5. viewer

viewer Member

I have just installed this and set it up on my android phone, and so far have the a/c and telly working fine.

I can't find any information on how to remotely turn on devices when not at home.

Can anyone point me to an area with an explanation please?

Thanks

6. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

You've checked out YT vids?

7. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

Now does anyone know if you can somehow make this work with Google Home?

8. whatisk

whatisk Member

If you are using the ihc app it links directly with Google Home via devices (Broadlink Smart Home). Won't work if you are using the other app the name of which escapes me currently. I have my ceiling fan and air con working fine through it. I found easiest thing was to create scenes for what I wanted to do.

I have an RM Mini 3 as well as a Pro+ Currently waiting on an RF controller to play around on the Pro+ with. Have an eBay IR fan controller working fine with GH and an RM Mini 3.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  9. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Ok finally got around to getting a Google Home Mini to use the Broadlink Black Bean under voice control. Looks like Broadlink have stopped using their previous app and are now using IHC (Intelligent Home Centre) app, which was easily set up again by scanning the RM Mini 3 barcode. Learned a few basic commands from the remote, and linked my Broadlink IHC account in Google Home app.

All worked perfectly. Very easy to set up. I've also now set up the following three basic scenes in IHC:

Ok Google, Activate TV
    Ok Google, Activate DTV
    Ok Google, Activate Foxtel

All scenes are set up in IHC, nothing at all needed with Google Home Mini as all it requires is the IHC login link.

If anyone wants a bit better set up details let me know and I'll write it out step by step.

Also as a side note Mi Home (Xiaomi products) is now compatible with Google Home.

Shags likes this.
  10. Shags

Shags Member

How did you get it working with Foxtel?

11. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Intel Compute stick plus ihc app.

12. rob1124

rob1124 New Member

Hi Mr Chilled. Could you explain how you got Foxtel to work with an intel compute stick? Are you able to change channels as well with ihc?

Thanks

13. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Well the compute stick goes straight into the back of the TV....switch inputs and use the Foxtel Go app. Works perfectly. I do use a wireless K830 kb/trackpad combo as my inputs. The K830 usb dongle goes straight into the side usb port on the compute stick.

14. nico6

nico6 Member

Works like a charm :)

15. NerfDude

NerfDude Member

You guys know you can use watch.foxtel.com.au instead of the Go app ? It also streams in much higher quality.

16. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Hmmmmm, good tip, didn't know it was better quality. Thanks. Will try that now on the bedroom TV and see how it goes.....