Building forms - what to use?

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by mr sti, Jun 12, 2015.

1. mr sti

mr sti Member

We have a daily checklist at work that is currently completed by printing it and writing on it with a pen. I would like to automate this. There are about 20 questions which need a checkbox and an initial, with a notes section at the bottom. Any idea on the best way to do this? My thoughts are below

1. Use Excel, and make a macro to save the sheet as the date into a folder on the network drive
    2. Use MS Infopath

Anyone got any ideas that may help?

Thanks

2. RobRoySyd

RobRoySyd Member

Saving each form as a spreadsheet is going to create a lot of files needlessly.
    Use MS Access.
    Create a table to save the answers, build a form to input the answers, same form could be all that's required for the print out.

3. zachnedwich

zachnedwich (Banned or Deleted)

InfoPath is a fkn turd, can you use a web based thing?

4. HSV

HSV Member

Use Acrobat, create a form with it (can even be a form created from a Word document that you/the admin person has typed up as the template), and just fill it in based on that. Dead simple with the automated form creation wizard thingy.

5. OP
    OP
    mr sti

mr sti Member

Yep, that sounds much better.
    I know, we use it currently. Company policy won't allow something like google forms.
    Thanks, this sounds easy, ill look into it.