[PROJECT] Builds By Baz - Steel MKIV Iron Man Suit

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by ASIGN_Baz, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Zee

Zee Member

You're most welcome :thumbup:

Z...

2. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz "Maker of awesome stuff"

New shirt layout for my Iron Man roadies! Printing this weekend! Zee and the wonderful people from http://www.teetalk.ph/

[​IMG]

Meanwhile... back at the ranch...

Pleated undersuit mods coming together. Here's how it looks under the armour. Camera's never seem to pick up the sheen that the eye can see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Legs in progress. Beautiful work by my wonderful aunt. So much work! So many stitches! Hard material to work with too. Very slippery.

[​IMG]

Micah. likes this.
  3. broccoli

broccoli Member

That looks fabulous. The suit just keeps getting better and better :thumbup:

Love the t-shirt, too. :thumbup:

4. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

Thanks mate. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  5. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

Sunday is the day! Look out Sydney, here we come!!!

[​IMG]

Micah. likes this.
  6. Nitephyre

Nitephyre Member

Good Luck B(r)azzer! :lol:

7. Zee

Zee Member

It was great to meet you Baz, and the suit is AWESOME!

It's well worth getting along to wherever Baz may e doing his thing, it's something you need to see - the electronic trickery, and how well it all works is just awesome. The tech geek in me was buzzing at how well done this is!

Z...

8. Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

You're so lucky getting to see this Zee, it's amazing. Can't wait to see pictures. :thumbup:

9. Zee

Zee Member

I only got a few, people starting coming up, so I thought letting Baz do his thing was a good idea. Lots of other cool stuff at the show, too, actually. Iron Man was the high light though!

Z...

10. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

It was lovely to meet you too Zee, even if I didn't know it was you... ROFL!

I mentioned you to the other guys as we were going through the photos after and said, "that bloke in the blue shirt was a nice bloke!" They said, "That was Zee!" I said, you're kidding me aren't you? Why didn't you say?"

Turns out old Baz here is a little deaf, then sticks his head in a padded steel helmet. Totally missed you introducing yourself by name. Don't I feel like a dick?

:p

Awesome day. We raised about $830.00 for the Starlight Children's Foundation. The Knife Art Society donated $500 of that alone! Feel that love OCAU!

Photos of the day's events coming soon.

Baz.

11. CrazyNuts

CrazyNuts Member

Hey Baz

Have you got any plans of heading over to WA anytime soon?

12. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

It's not on the horizon mate no. Unless some genius millionaire playboy philanthropist decides to fly my team over and put us up for a couple of nights...

13. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

MISSION REPORT: IRON MAN AT THE SYDNEY KNIFE SHOW 2017

Brilliant day! 0500 departed Canberra, picking up my crew, Shane and James along the way. Met up with an old army mate to pick up the new Iron Man Baz Industries Team T-shirts he so kindly couriered from the CBD for us. Thanks to Zee from Teetalk for printing them for free.

Arrived at the knife show nice and early to set up and get dressed, coordinate with the event organisers and start the show. Lots of kids and adults alike came and got their photos, flooded us with questions and gave generously to the Starlight Children's Foundation. We came back with quite a lot!

Many thanks to my friends Peter and his friend Mark who joined us all the way from the central coast and offered their help. They were a great asset and fun company.

Just shy of three hours in the suit, wandering around between the knife tables and even went for a walk outside amongst the general public arriving for another event at Rosehill gardens racecourse.

Many thanks to the members of the Knife Art Society for making this all happen!

The Knife Art Society donated $500 to the Starlight Children's Foundation. We are blown away! On behalf of all the kids and their families that will benefit from this, THANK YOU!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Micah. likes this.
  14. shane41

shane41 Member

So cute :D Not you Iron man

15. Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

Great effort, looks amazing.

Those t-shirts look brilliant. :thumbup: to Zee for donating them, they really look the part.

16. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Well done Baz, well done :thumbup:

17. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

18. Zee

Zee Member

I am glad we manage dot make it happen - the timing was good! The guys & girls back at the office were quite amazed by the suit, they did not realise how awesome it was!

Z...

19. broccoli

broccoli Member

Great video. (PS Get working on how to do special effects James, I want Baz flying :lol:)

20. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

WE FINALLY DID IT!!

Last week we had an awesome time at the Canberra hospital in the paediatric ward with the kids! The Starlight captains were so much fun and a tremendous source of entertainment to the kids and my team! I admitted from the outset that they would be doing all the singing and dancing and I was just there to look cool, but we all warmed up and had a blast!

The kids were so brave and it was a heavy hit to the heart to know that some of them were there for the long haul. One of the mums tearfully thanked me so much, I got going on the way out and had to lower my faceplate to discreetly regain my composure.

Starlight Children's Foundation has kindly provided some choice photos from the evening, to feed back to all those of you who supported my team and I through the three year gruelling build of the suit. We can't show you some of the other photos of kids in sensitive condition, but I would like to pass on that they were indeed visited, and I am quite certain it made their day.

On behalf of my team and I, Starlight Children's Foundation and all the kids, THANK YOU SO MUCH all of you who supported, encouraged and helped us get here!

Love you's all!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]