[PROJECT] Builds By Baz - Steel MKIV Iron Man Suit

Discussion in 'Other Toys/Hobbies' started by ASIGN_Baz, Aug 5, 2012.

1. brayway

brayway Member

that's awesome, great work Baz!

2. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

Merch store? Profits to charity? If you're too busy to admin it, I'm pretty sure you could find a few volunteers fairly easily...
    I would straight-up drop $100 right now on Baz Industries t-shirts for myself and as gifts. Pretty sure others might just feel the same way....
    Pleeeeeeeezzzzzz???!! :)

EDIT: Obviously they couldn't be "Iron Man" shirts in any way shape or form, but I would love to be out repping the Baz Industries crew in some small way. :thumbup:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    echo_ likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz "Maker of awesome stuff"

Thanks mate. More of the kindness I have come to know and love from OCAU members.

Because of copyright and IP matters, I have moved away from Baz Industries Stark knock-off and the arc reactor as a symbol of my escapades. You might have noticed the new Builds By Baz logo that PunXor designed for me. If I was ever in the position to throw money on print runs of apparell, I would be going with the T-Shirts/Hoodies of that.

[​IMG]

Right now, I am spending all my money on the Viper.

Cheers,

Baz.

samus, BlueRaven and echo_ like this.
  4. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

I missed PunXor's BBB logo concept, love it.
    That reminds me, should go and check your channel re. the Viper build, last I checked you were still getting the cockpit instrument displays/LCDs finished :O

5. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

Hey guys and gals.

Heads up, I have a gig in the Iron Man suit this Sunday at EPIC in Canberra.

Convoy for Cancer.

All welcome.

DSTM (Dougie), Zee, BlueRaven and 2 others like this.
  6. Pbx_Jnr

Pbx_Jnr Member

What a great cause, awesome work Baz!

You know what would be an amazing photo? Iron Man sitting in the cockpit of the Viper... wielding a couple of Baz knives :lol:

BlueRaven likes this.
  7. broccoli

broccoli Member

Go Iron Man!

8. Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

Brilliant, hope it's a huge success. Wish we were closer, we'd definitely be there if we were.

9. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Member

Best of luck for the appearance Baz. I'm sure the kids will be thrilled and amazed as always. :thumbup:
    So much respect for you keeping this going mate. I'm sure it's neither easy or cheap, but it's a great thing you're doing.

Awesome idea for a promo shot, but I think the whole "bending at the waist" thing may present a few problems. :lol:

10. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

Trust me when I say, I've been wanting to do this for a long time. Fret not my friend, I will find a way!

Baz.

11. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

Gearing up for Sunday at EPIC! 12 Noon until 3pm.

Checking the suit, making adjustments. Charging batteries and systems checks. Washing the stinky sweaty undersuit!

I've been on a crash diet for the last week and lost 3 kg. Every 100 grams I lose makes the suit more comfortable. Haircut done, to fit my rude lookin' melon into the helmet and shaving the man-beard off tonight. A new Baz for a few days.

New stickers thanks to Ken Byrnes! @Zenmodz They look fab mate!

Baz.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

echo_ and trop like this.
  12. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

Today's Cancer Convoy was just freakin' AMAZING! Hundreds of trucks and motorcycles honking their horns right across the district to raise money for a great cause.

My crew and I had difficulty getting into the showgrounds in Canberra, even as we were part of the organised displays, but the police turned us around a couple of times, so in the end we joined the convoy to make it to the gate we needed.

Once inside, we set up our dressing studio and my two team roadies, James and Peter, got out the rattle guns and bolted me into the suit.

We got absolutely MOBBED all afternoon. Kids and adults alike, lining up, high fives and fist bumps, getting photos with Iron Man. Bands were playing Johnny Diesel bashed out a few tunes and lots of other entertainment, food and markets.

Big day. I'm stuffed.

Baz.

[​IMG]
    Image above credit James Mouat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My two roadies, James and Peter. James is responsible for all the electronics wiring and coding in the suit, while Peter has been my IT rock for years, hosting my builds website and solving a myriad of challenges for me when I break the internet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RyoSaeba, power, Agg and 6 others like this.
  13. Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

Hats off to you all. Hope lots of money was raised on the day and everyone had a great day.

14. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

Thanks Ma. I'll see if I can find out how much they raised.

15. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

Rise above Cancer Convoy raised around $400,000 for cancer families on Sunday. The official total will be announced on Wednesday.

Baz.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    broccoli likes this.
  16. Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

Wow, that's an amazing sum of money.

17. Pbx_Jnr

Pbx_Jnr Member

Brilliant!! That just makes it that more satisfying hey Baz?

18. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

Sure does mate. :D

19. OP
    OP
    ASIGN_Baz

Rise Above CEO Melissa has just announced the total from Convoy 2019, with the help of the amazing Canberra Region, this year we raised a total of $378,316.54, this money will go directly to people in the Canberra/Queanbeyan area who are fighting cancer.

Bombster and leroyxx like this.
  20. Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

What a brilliant effort by all. Hopefully it goes a good way to help and hopefully they all had a great day knowing so many great people were supporting them.