[bundymania special Review] Jarritos - the number one Mexican soft drink brand

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by bundymania, Oct 3, 2012.

1. bundymania

bundymania Member

[​IMG]

Hi Guys,

Today, i wanna bring you something different besides my usual reviews ! :) A little check about something, what you might need, when you are sitting for hours in front of your gaming pc...beeing thirsty after a while!
    Yeah, we got tasty JARRITOS from Mexico here in 7 different flavors. The Australian Shop www.thekoolroom.com was so kind and sent me one bottle per flavor to check it out !
    The brand name finds its origin in the Mexican tradition of drinking coffee, water and other drinks in clay pottery jugs, called “jarritos”, because it keeps beverages fresher and cooler.
    Founded in 1950, Jarritos is apparently the number one soft drink brand in Mexico and the number one Mexican soft drink brand, sold in the U.S. Theyʼre known for using a high percentage of natural flavors, and, as with other Mexican-manufactured sodas, they use cane sugar (rather than corn syrup) which many regard as a tastier, more wholesome sweetener.

The Koolroom.com has 7 different flavors in stock, each for 3.80 australian dollar (AUD)

http://www.thekoolroom.com/search/?query=jarritos&records=24

They got the following flavors:

Grapefruit (toronja)
    Guava (guayaba)
    Lime (limón)
    Mandarin (mandarina)
    Pineapple (piña)
    Tamarind (tamarindo)
    Mango (mango)

They ship worldwide !

and now some Impressions:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

“Jarritos”, is a traditional Mexican drink consumed in vast quantities, especially by migrant Hispanics in the US. Novamex has decided to boost its popularity further via a stylish marketing campaign. The extreme labeling precision of the Opera 500 Ad, together with “no label look” transparent labels, which give the impression of a 50s-style screen printed bottle, provides Jarritos Novamex with considerable added value.

I like all flavors, especially Mandarin and Mango !

And if you are wondering what the ingredients are for Jarritos Mexican sodas take a look (this is specifically for the Mandarin flavor):
    Carbonated water
    Real sugar!
    Citric acid
    Natural flavor
    Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative)
    Yellow 6
    Red 40
    I know for a fact, that most soft drinks have high fructose corn syrup....Jarritos does NOT! Score 1 for Jarritos!
    So....I leave you with this.....try something you haven't before. Jarritos were really great and now that I know more info on them and know how great they are, I might keep some on hand for a nice treat that doesn't have any high fructose corn syrup and is made with real sugar!

Thanks again to the shop www.thekoolroom.com for making this little review possible !

[​IMG]

2. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Nice review :thumbup: im defiantly gonna check these out :D :D :leet:

3. Creekin

Creekin (Taking a Break)

mexican sugar water from an australian computer shop reviewed by a german hoarder in a watercooling forum....... :wired: :confused::confused::confused:

$3.80/370ml..... :lol:

4. BelowAverageIQ

BelowAverageIQ Member

Hahahahahahahaha, first world problem right there. :Pirate:

5. Dingostolemyghz

Dingostolemyghz Member

In Australia cane sugar is still used pretty much across the board, we got heaps of the stuff.

6. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

does it corride waterblocks? Also with it being fizzy, is it hard to bleed?

7. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

But when you dont care about spending money on random things :thumbup: :leet:

8. trevor68

trevor68 Member

Had the mandarin last week, just terrible, managed not to vomit and let the wife finish it. She seemed to like it.

9. Fedevor

Fedevor Member

Big fan of the Lime, Mandarin, and Mexican Cola (are you getting that soon?)

10. Ripperjack

Ripperjack Member

$3.80??!! Bloody hell, that's expensive.

I can get those at my local supermarket at 50 cents a pop... then again, I now live in Texas, USA, with Mexico about 4 hours drive south of where I live. :lol:

Just another reason why I love my green card, and happy I moved to the US. As a hardcore gamer, EVERYTHING I love is cheaper over here!

11. Raolin

Raolin Member

They stock these at Guzman Y Gomez. I can't go there without having the Pineapple.

12. Scoobth

Scoobth Member

Lucky Lupitas Mexican Cantina have them on the menu for $5.50 for those looking to taste it in Adelaide.

http://www.luckylupitas.com/

Awesome Mexican food if you have never been!

13. hotsuma

hotsuma Member

ive had these drinks and they were very nice , would make a great vodka mixer, my local chicken shop sells them , that price seems a bit up there i dont think they were over $3 at the local

14. issa2006

issa2006 Member

are they expire dates stamped on bottle?

15. jarritossimon

jarritossimon New Member

Hi everyone
    Simon from Jarritos Australasia here. Thanks for your interest in Jarritos!
    We're the authorised distributor of Jarritos in Australia and New Zealand. I wanted to let you know we've just launched an online store, so you can now purchase fresh Jarritos and have it shipped directly to your home or office. You can check it out here http://jarritos.com.au/shop/.
    Also, something to be aware of, we know there's some stock around that is most likely past it's use by date, imported by non authorised (parallel) distributors. We love Jarritos, and don't want you to have a bad experience from drinking sub-standard product. You can check out what to look out for here
    http://jarritos.com.au/warning-is-your-jarritos-product-compliant/
    If you come across any, please let us know.
    Cheers, Simon

16. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Hey Simon, welcome :thumbup:

I found this stuff at my local Woollies (lime) and loved it. Cheers for the further info and links! Recommend you guys have a look for it, it's very refreshing.

Also, your skill in necro-bumping has increased by one ;)

Justin