Bust a rhyme competition & 2xGIGABYTE Extreme Overclocking Workshops announced

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by dinos22, Jun 19, 2012.

1. dinos22

dinos22 Member

GIGABYTE & TeamAU are once again doing the GIGABYTE Extreme Overclocking Workshop this year guys.

We are giving away one GIGABYTE Z77X-UD3H in this thread, keep reading to find out how (it's easy, if you can bust a rhyme :leet: :D)

Sunday 2nd September, last day of submissions. I will pick 5 videos for a public vote and we're as good as golden

Youtube bust-a-rhymes so far

UNCLE FESTER - Motherboard molester

TRANS-AM Dirty Deeds

YOUNGPRO - Didn't know that RYBA was a fish

DINOS22 doing jimba's lyrics

JIMBA THROWIN' IT DOWN

LOL YOUNGPRO SLEDGING THE COMP WITH 10 BENCH COMMANDMENTS

DINOS22 ATTACK WITH THE RHYME "PRO"

TRANSAM THROWING IT DOWN WITH "Coochie Tight"

UNCLE FESTER WITH "PACK YOUR BAGS"
    TransAM did the remix

TRANSAM WITH "UD3H ANTHEM"

Jimba's final word

This time the Liquid Nitrogen enriched fumes are heading for two cities. First stop is Auckland, New Zealand. Second stop is Melbourne. WOOOOOHOOOOO :leet:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TeamAU has been around for many years and has been on top of overclocking game since formation. Lots of world records, competition wins and general beta testing for different hardware manufacturers has enabled the guys to accrue incredible amounts of knowledge and experience in this extreme overclocking hobby. The time has come to share the knowledge with the community and that's exactly what this workshop is all about. We want to help the up and coming guys take the next step, show you how we overclock, give you our Liquid nitrogen contacts, show you some tips and fast track you to becoming the next big Australian overclocker. We are all extremely passionate about this sport and want to see it grow and give a helping hand to this community which has helped us all start from scratch. We highly recommend you come and join us in Melbourne and Auckland for this once in a lifetime chance to meet some of the overclocking champions from your country and show you what overclocking is all about :thumbup:

Come to witness the world record breaking 7.089GHz (3770K ivy bridge) platform in action

Fastest Ivy Bridge platform on the planet powered by GIGABYTE Z77 boards

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had a similar workshop earlier in the year in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth, check it out: Sydney event here, Brisbane event here and Perth event here

REGISTRATIONS(MELBOURNE EVENT):

We are heading to Monash University Computer Games Boot Camp this year. Please register at http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/bootcamp/

Event will be held on 10th July (Tuesday) at Monash University Digital Games Boot Camp

6.30pm start

REGISTRATIONS(AUCKLAND EVENT):

Visit Playtech's facebook page who are our co-organisers for the New Zealand leg, click here or on the logo below to register!

[​IMG]

So you would like to come but are not able to, don't sweat it, we are looking at doing livestreams from both events!

This will be updated with more detail later.

I am looking to give someone one of these Z77X-UD3H powerhouses on OCAU.
    Whoever comes up with the best rhyme about this world record breaking board will get one.
    Bust some rhymes people, bring it on!
    Must mention GIGABYTE, UD3H and world record
    *extra marks for youtube videos
    *I will judge the top 5 and do encourage comments in the thread
    *Winner will be decided by a popular vote (hopefully mods will be able to insert a poll later)
    *wearing sunglasses indoors will be looked upon favourably :D
    *videos will appear on our social media network (Australia's next talent scouts might be watching LOL!!!)
    *winner must be based in Australia or NZ!
    play nice peeps

[​IMG]

TeamAU Crew:

DEANZO
    [​IMG]

DINOS22
    [​IMG]

SNIPEROZ
    [​IMG]

YOUNGPRO
    [​IMG]

Time & Place:

Auckland event is covered on the Playech's facebook page so make sure you get the details there. It will go on from 12pm-6pm

Melbourne event - http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/bootcamp/
    Event will be held on 10th July (Tuesday) at Monash University Digital Games Boot Camp
    6.30pm start

OVERCLOCKING HARDWARE:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MAJOR SPONSORS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SPECIAL THANKS TO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  2. OP
    OP
    dinos22

dinos22 Member

Playtech put a video of the New Zealand show :thumbup:

PC World NZ came over to Playech.co.nz this weekend to check out GIGABYTE’s latest instalment of the popular Extreme OC Workshop being help in the Auckland PC store’s gaming room. Playtech hosted a wonderful night of overclocking for the 100+ crowd that gathered at the start.

[​IMG]

TeamAU’s deanzo, dinos22 and youngpro were there to teach the crowd about LN2 overclocking and then capped off the night with a friendly overclocking competition between the two teams with a fixed frequency of 6GHz in 32M SuperPi cacluations. Efficiency and memory tuning came into play and we could not separate the contestants from their PCs after the sirens went off as it proved to be a very addictive way to be introduced into overclocking!

I’m still feeling a little angry at my team mate youngpro (coach for the Australian team we named “Wallabies” after our Rugby Union side) because he allowed the “All Blacks” team to win, strangely coincidental to be named after NZ world champion rugby team. Luckily we had our own [traitor hehe] team mate, deanzo, coach this team. Rivalry between Australians and New Zealanders was in full swing particularly when the announcement was made that All Blacks triumphed, followed by the loudest geek cheers you will ever hear, in the overclocking challenge as well!

Congratulations All Blacks, you have beaten us in overclocking now as well!

I’ll put a couple of shots but for the full (fun) article you’re one more mouse click away (at this website).

P.S. Playtech have also put up lots of photos from the night at their facebook page here.

Evening started innocently freezing flowers etc

[​IMG]

All Blacks (New Zealand) team captain leading the way with precise temperature control. Teams decided to not push temps to max to prevent condensation from forming early into the challenge.

[​IMG]

Wallabies (Australian) team captain showing everyone how it’s done. It was great having some girls genuinely interested in overclocking and participate through the day, very dedicated! It’s cool being a geek girl :)!

[​IMG]

Then someone lost a finger (strangely the captain of the AllBlacks team found it humorous)! Dissing it’s own team mate, what is going on with these people heheheh?!?

[​IMG]

Wait what?!? OK maybe he didn't lose a finger as we saw him benching with all ten fingers later on in the evening. Hmmmm, New Zealanders have a strange sense of humour heheheh! (wait i can’t see neither one of the 10 fingers EEK!)

[​IMG]

Results were superTIGHT. We had

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  3. youngpro

youngpro Member

ah awesome idea, raps about UD3H

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  4. dirtyd

dirtyd Member

OH SNAP! Dissed by your team-mate :lol: With friends like these....

Btw Dino I think you need to edit out Perth from that TeamAU description :Paranoid:

Registered for the Melb event, seems like it's meant for high schoolers, might have to shave!

5. kazen

kazen (Banned or Deleted)

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT I ATTEND THIS MEETING.

that said, i'll now have to come up with a rhyme apparently. how about if i just steal Jame's rhyme and post it as my own, is that cool?
    i'll shave, get a haircut and you can all see that im more babyface than james.
    remind me to change my account name to youngerpro.

6. Jimba86

Jimba86 Member

Currently writing my rhyme..how long can it be?

:D

EDIT:

Here is my entry:

Yo...
    Its Gigabyte,jiggabyte smashen all those records

Beaten down the competion with the UD7!..turnin that switch upto Eleven!

Many people think you need high end gear..but all it does is make you broke so you cant afford your next beer!

Along comes Hicookie with some Ln2...A UD3H and record or two...chilling down that ivy B*** without a big hitch..

But before long a world record is set and all is well, but in comes andre yang and he up's a swell...

Not to fret Hicookie comes back and beats his score, with big 7G in the bag why not try for some more?

So off to tweak Cookie goes..and a killin does he do on the memory by 3ghz.. gskillin it he goes..

Now this anit all the records in the bag for GIGABYTE'S got more just search the tag!

In comes Pro with the UD3H and pair of 7970 and smashes the 06 record all over the place! (see there, right in ya face)

Computex comes round but oh dont fret cause dino's here! world records are tumbling all of the time with a super pi world record at gskills chime!

Now this shows the tech behind the boards is as solid as a rock with Ultra-durable (5) its a big shock,cause theyll work all round the clock! But you got nothing to fear, cause you know its rock solid so let's all cheer!

Now Team.AU is in to play inviting overclockers round the country to stay.

Teaching all the young guns how to play cool..freezing all their hands off with some LN2

Showing tweaks and secrets to all who dare (go on touch it if you dare cause if you do it wrong fester's nipple tweak do nothing but make you shriek! or he'll just slap ya on your big left cheek! So go on do for team and stop being a pipsqueak!)

Now youngpro's here to give a hand just dont go asking for his Pi cause may end up a little fry!

lets get ANZ up to increase their share!

With more peeps beaching all around those aussies and kiwis will beat those yanks and europeans to the ground.

So lets all get benching and having fun cause GIGABYTE'S got all them world records done!

:D

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  7. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Reserved........

8. dirtyd

dirtyd Member

Fester is raging cos the hardware is JUNK,
    Still the TeamAU boys don't fake the funk!
    Deanzo has a little thing for his sheep, :)eek:)
    But he's killin 3D after the BIOS goes BEEP!
    SniperOZ is kinda new to the team,
    He's not pretty, but gritty, and up for a scheme.
    youngpro smashin the world records,
    Dino too, with their Gigabyte motherboards.
    3D power flows current to Ivy Bridge,
    LN2's 190 less than your fridge!
    Come one, come all, see the UD3H,
    Let the party begin, better than duty-free tape!

Fuck H, stupid non-rhymey letter.

Click to view full size!

Sunnies are in the car so I put on my shitty el cheapo snow goggles! OH COW REPRESENT :lol:

P.S. Yes, I know, BIOS old, but it's two syllables versus UEFI mouthful.

9. OP
    OP
    dinos22

dinos22 Member

laughing my friggin arse off, keep it up boys :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

10. kazen

is it invite only to attend or can anyone come? im like 15mins drive from the melbourne event max.

11. OP
    OP
    dinos22

dinos22 Member

anyone can come but you have to register at Monash University site so that you can get a pass to get in!

12. OP
    OP
    dinos22

dinos22 Member

my informant tells me Uncle Fester's been rhyming for 2 days straight and is about to drop a rhyme bomb tonight :lol::leet: kha-booooooom

13. kazen

Cool, done that. I'm not missing this.
    As kind of a request, will you be demonstrating mobo prep?

14. OP
    OP
    dinos22

dinos22 Member

hey mate, no worries at all, i can do that :thumbup:

we should do a basta rhymes comp over at Melbourne with all the high school kids, that might be pretty funny actually :lol:

[​IMG]

15. kazen

awesome. im there.

16. NumbEvolution

NumbEvolution Member

You got my laugh in for the day.

Looking forward to seeing some results from the events

17. FR3D1

FR3D1 Member

im definently will be participate in Melbourne. Lookin forward to it

18. Chaffe

Chaffe Member

ROFL made my day TrollPro.

Needa see a rhyme for the UD5 :)

19. OP
    OP
    dinos22

dinos22 Member

doing some testing today on some of the hardware we are benching in New Zealand. I'm going to bring UD3H, UD5H and Sniper3

Sniper3's not bad, not bad at all :thumbup:

who says it's just for gamers :p

[​IMG]

20. kazen

At the price, I'd say it's far more for benchers than gamers :p
    Need someone *cough gskill cough* to bring out some lime green ram to match it.