Buyee.jp - Extremely Impressed!

Discussion in 'Retro & Arcade' started by Alessiman, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Alessiman

Alessiman Member

So I only recently heard of Buyee.jp which is a proxy service in Japan that lets you buy (for a fee) or bid on a lot of the auction or online shops in Japan.

I have been active for a couple of months and finally won an auction at Y7000 for a fully working Sony PSX (Model DESC 7100)

Part of the Buyee service is that you can chose to have your items re-wrapped before shipping. I chose this option and certainly glad i did.

Shipping was a killer as the PSX was around 7kg but even so it was significantly cheaper than trying the ebay route

If you are a retro gamer and want access to MSX2, Sega Wondermega, FM Towns Marty, Bandai Playdia etc etc. This is the site to use.

10/10 for me. Cannot fault how good they are.

1.) How my PSX arrived
    [​IMG]

2.) After removing the top layer of plastic air pockets wrap. Bubble Wrap around the controllers and AV cables
    [​IMG]

3.) The PSX in super duper bubble wrap
    [​IMG]

4.) How the original item was shipped to the Buyee warehouse.
    [​IMG]

nic55 and Camm like this.
  2. Camm

Camm Member

Thanks for the post, I'll be looking at buyee for future acquisitions.

3. Camm

Camm Member

Haha, man I nearly just got burned though. There's a MSX2 Turbo R listed for sale, started reaching for the bid button until I went I probably should go thru the pics some more.

tl;dr - the box was bloody a Turbo R, but the unit itself was some random Sony thing. Omg :(.