Buying first 'real' guitar

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by ex4n, Jan 31, 2019.

1. broccoli

broccoli Member

2. OP
    OP
    ex4n

ex4n Member

3. broccoli

broccoli Member

any resemblance to playing is purely coincidental, but yes, surprisingly. It weighs a ton, but is surprisingly still comfortable. It's fair to say that I have a problem acquiring guitars. It's insane, when I can't even play :D

4. OP
    OP
    ex4n

ex4n Member

Haha I can see how people end up that way, I was also looking at an Ibanez RG2550e before I got the Strat but the guy didn't get back to me until after I had already taken the strat home, but I still found myself wondering if I might need another guitar...

I picked up a nice little valve amp head off Gumtree tonight too, to go with the strat of course, and a 12" speaker to go with it, think I got a pretty nice deal on it, quite cheap, so now I'm all set, until I find something else I need...

5. broccoli

broccoli Member

something else you want :D

6. AxlOz

AxlOz Member

Guitars are like good looking friends, you can never have too many and chicks dig em. You just can't hang with them all at the same time :)

7. OP
    OP
    ex4n

ex4n Member

Figured I might chuck up a pic of my new amp as well, now I'm ready to rock. Had to make a new cable last night to go from the head to the speaker as the one the seller gave me was about 30cm long, so the head had to sit behind the cab which was annoying. The cab is just a gutted marshall box with a 12" speaker (one of these) in it. The amp head is a BWM Kong, has 3w and 5w mode, and is plenty loud to play at home. Never heard of that brand before, I think they are based in QLD, but it seems awesome for the price.

[​IMG]