1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bykski block

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by spit051261, Mar 7, 2020.

1. argent

argent Member

Apparently cleared customs on the 25th March. I'm only worried about the Bykski block coz I don't know what would happen in the event of a hard lockdown. Does it get redelivered or does it get redirected or in the laziest most cynical case, get sent back to the sender...
    upload_2020-3-27_16-15-39.png

Not worried about my Eisbaer LT and EK classic rads order from AquaTuning as they are handled by Auspost - I can collect from my workplaces PO Box when the smoke clears.

Update edit
    I saw an entry in my Auspost account that a new item was cleared and added to my watchlist yesterday at about 4:45pm that was sent by UCL Co Ltd so I looked it up and saw it was a company in Shenzhen. I think this is my Bykski!!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Bolter01 likes this.
  2. Umbrella Corp.

Umbrella Corp. Member

Will do, justa bit hectic atm with working from home plus kids at home etc...

3. OP
    OP
    spit051261

spit051261 Member

You might be lucky.
    Fingers crossed eh :)
    Be nice to see some pictures of your blocks .

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  4. argent

argent Member

Yeah I'll definitely post them when I get them :) Very exciting!

I haven't seen any movement on either one at this stage since their updates though which is disconcerting. Hopefully soon-ish.... Last update on the Eisbaer was 21st March coming from Frankfurt and last update on Bykski was 27th March (cleared customs and a second depart from country of origin remark - not sure why this is the case as it had already noted a arrived at destination country before that). I've received an extra 30 days buyer protection from the store though on AliExpress as they lost my first package 17 days after the initial order.

Edit: spoke too soon! Just got update from Auspost that the Bykski is due today at my office (now I'll have to pop in to grab it).

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  5. OP
    OP
    spit051261

spit051261 Member

Never used an Eisbaer but I can assure you the Bykski is a good piece of hardware.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Bolter01 and Umbrella Corp. like this.
  6. Bolter01

Bolter01 Member

hey guys, do you know if you can still receive (like now) orders from Ali Express?
    of course the company says yes, but geeze, excuse my ignorance, are planes and orders allowed in?

7. juzz86

juzz86 Member

I've still got things trickling in from overseas at this stage mate. I don't know for how long, and the ETA on all my eBay WC stuff went from 21 APR to 30 MAY one night, but it is still coming in little bits.

I assume throughput is slashed at delivery centres and there'll be holdups for fumigation or other treatment at Biosecurity premises :thumbup:

Bolter01 likes this.
  8. Bolter01

Bolter01 Member

thanks m8, yer they have a couple of Bitz I could really do with (as backup) - but I would have assumed AU borders were closed to imports (especially China) or am I taking this too far..?

FTML - wow exchange rate WHOO! x2 AU

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  9. juzz86

juzz86 Member

10. Bolter01

Bolter01 Member

your a good man (when ur asleep) Cheers Juzz

juzz86 likes this.
  11. juzz86

juzz86 Member

Only when I'm asleep old mate ;)

12. Butcher9_9

Butcher9_9 Member

Just got a Bykski CPU block, Build quality looks really good. Cold plate is very large. Very heavy, solid feel, still need a load of parts for my build and have nothing to compare it to so cant say anything for performance. Looks like it should be very low impedance.
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dUhVLyu

I assumed those yellow rings were O-rings or something like that , turns out they are copper. wonder why they are there.

Came shipped in a Mobo box, turned inside out. B365M DS3H, B365 is that 22NM chipset Intel brought back when they were right in the middle of the 14NM shortage.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    Bolter01, juzz86 and argent like this.
  13. OP
    OP
    spit051261

spit051261 Member

Picture of other side :)

14. juzz86

juzz86 Member

I've eyed that one off at PLE and wondered just how big it was - if that's an mATX box, bloody hell!

15. argent

argent Member

My boss said that I have a package in 'quarantine' sitting on my office chair. This is probably my Bykski but I can't grab it until Tuesday morning :p Will send pics when I do! Now just waiting for that Eisbaer... still no updates since 21st March on the delivery from Frankfurt Germany :(

16. OP
    OP
    spit051261

spit051261 Member

Surely you can exercise, whilst taking someone's dog (If you don't have one) for a walk whilst walking past office :D
    That's if the Mexican virus is a problem.
    I'd have that baby tomorrow.

17. argent

argent Member

Normally I would if my key had not been munched by a faulty lock over the Christmas holidays. My boss hasn't had the chance to get me a new one yet. I'm in SA so the eastern state strict rules don't apply to us - we can still get out and about without being accosted by the popo.

18. arasta

arasta Member

ditto here juzz.

glad to hear they are quality; i also had a look over them and wondered about that. what i really wanted was a full copper version tho :( oh well. that might be a double shelled box juzz, that doesnt look like the one thats been inverted. but it does still give the impression its a honking bit of kit....

juzz86 likes this.
  19. OP
    OP
    spit051261

spit051261 Member

It's a good piece of kit

argent and juzz86 like this.
  20. Butcher9_9

Butcher9_9 Member

Sure, ruler/ AM4 back plate for scale. 17x84x120mm

From the looks of things I would say the same block will fit AM3, AM4 and Threadripper (or some other large CPU, those outer 2 holes don't line up with AM4)

[​IMG]

It was double boxed, the Box in the Pic was the Bykski box not the Mobo box. Still pretty big though.

It was about the same price from Ali express as PLE so I was thinking about getting there as well (live close to one) but they don't stock the one with the windows in it.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020