1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

C# Help - Strange Exception when using FontClass

Discussion in 'Programming & Software Development' started by Deltoid, Jan 15, 2007.

1. AndyCosmonaut

AndyCosmonaut Member

Oops, sorry about breaking that bit of code. Didn't think about folders that were inaccessible. I've updated the above code with your method.

Good to know that there is a bug with gdiplus, but it would be nice if they made the fix available to download.

2. OP
    OP
    Deltoid

Deltoid Member

Thanks again Andy. I had already re-added the way I had before of going through the directories and it is working like a charm so far. Just processed a directory of 497 fonts and none of them had errors (the part where you changed the code to check for formats like bold|italics seems to have fixed a problem I was having).

I've sent it to a mate to try out as well as he was having troubles and hopefully it all goes well.

I'm also glad it was a bug in the .net framework as it confused the hell out of me and I had no clue why it would happen from the code I had.

Thanks again for the little things you did to the code, its great seeing things like that as it makes me see better ways of doing things.