Cable sleeving e-store does MDPC

Discussion in 'Modding' started by NinjaStickman, Dec 22, 2013.

1. NinjaStickman

NinjaStickman Member

Have spent the better part of an hour trying to find this:

I found a site (probably from a post on here) that does custom sleeving. They do MDPC sleeving for a reasonable price (let you choose two colours I think) and they harp on and on about their 'signature "C" bend' of the sleeved cables.

PLease please jog my memory haha

2. BigDave

BigDave Member

3. Sven76

Sven76 Member

http://www.psychosleeve.com/

he is the original one from MDPC i think. Its not hard to do but it is time consuming. I love the MDPC sleeve personally over other sleeves i have used.

4. OP
    OP
    NinjaStickman

NinjaStickman Member

No, found this guy which is what reminded me of the store. Prices were about $250 (maybe) for a full 24, 8, 4x6+2, and maybe a sata or two - so pretty cheap.

Woah bro! Dat price!
    I thought maybe until I say the price - think their store had a white theme.

5. nyu

nyu Member

Does anyone know the sleeving material name?? I wanna buy the sleeving and DIY.. There's not that much to sleeving.. Just time consuming me thinks.

There's a guy on YouTube - Singularity Computers, he talks about custom cables n stuff. He does a good job too. Not sure if he takes purely cables orders though.. He normally does custom cables for client PC builds.

6. OP
    OP
    NinjaStickman

NinjaStickman Member

Lutro0s custom paracord is pretty cheap, I will probably go that rather than MDPC

DIY job will work out to be ~$150 cheaper than ordered sleeving. .... at ~ 8hrs work (for a first timer), is my time worth $19 an hour? haha

Sure it is :lol:

7. harrye30

harrye30 Member

Never been a fan of MDPC sleeving really. I got fantastic results with paracord. Here's my first time attempt:
    [​IMG]

8. Acesi7

Acesi7 Member

Mod-DIY do custom sleeving for a reasonable price. It's not MDPC sleeve, but it's very similar. They use the heatshrink-less crimping method.

Lutro0's cables are great, Martin's (psychosleeve) is PERFECT, however outrageously expensive. Also, these are extensions.

The Mod-DIY cables can be custom made for your specific PSU, so you don't have to hide the original cables.

I've been using them for a while. Just easier, and I've custom MDPC sleeved around 10 PSU's so it's not that I can't do it. It's too time consuming when these guys deliver similar results for a reasonable price.

You might need to fix a few cables though, but it's not too hard.

9. OP
    OP
    NinjaStickman

NinjaStickman Member

Nice job harrye - looks sweet. Why the cable ties though?

Bit dodgey for $300, I guess if you are a perfectionist though :p ... what is the turn-over time?

Some of their show-case sets look pretty sweet!

I'm fine with doing it myself - done a few testers, and I don't have dicks for fingers (all the time) so I should manage - however the SATA and Molex cables look nasty...

10. harrye30

harrye30 Member

Ninja, the cable ties where there to give the cables a chance to *bunch* so to speak (so that they hold their shape once you remove the cable ties). I ended up using a whole heap whilst I got the cables in position then after a week cut them off and they stayed the same, even through transport too/from several LAN's.

http://harrye30.imgur.com/all/

Some picks of the finish build in their (ignore the car parts)
    That was my first major mod and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sleeving was something I wanted to do, sometimes offer it for customers at the place I work. Never had a complaint either.
    Paracord has the advantage of being relatively cheap (extac is a good source in australia, or ebay for cheap stuff from china. Quality is not comparable in the inner weave. But the outer weave is the same - can take photos to show the difference). and comes in heaps of colours.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013