1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Calendar Sync - for me and my wife

Discussion in 'General Software' started by higgalls, Jul 14, 2007.

1. higgalls

higgalls Member

Hey,

My wife and I both have Outlook 2007, and we want to be able to share the same calendar.
    Now we currently use our own calendars and then upload it to Microsoft, and share it that way, but we can't edit eachothers calendars. So we are looking for a better way.

So does anyone know of any good ways to work off the 1 calendar, with eachother being able to edit it?
    I am currently trying to install Calgoo Apps (its having some problems at the moment) which uses a Google Calendar, but I was wondering whether there was anything better?

How do people differentiate calendar items that you are attending, rather than someone else's? Is there a way?

Can anyone think of the best way to organise this all?
    We will still be using Outlook 2007, and I also use my PDA to sync up my calendar items with Outlook also.

Cheers,
    Chris

2. FalconGT

FalconGT Member

google mail / calendar.

3. OP
    OP
    higgalls

higgalls Member

Hi - as stated, I still want to be using Outlook 2007, so that won't work.

4. Kermalius

Kermalius Member

Buy an exchange server.

Outlook may let you access each other PST files (file permissions permitting) if you store them in a network accessible location, but you would probably want to make new calendar-only ones so that you aren't opening 400 meg archives full of email all the time. Oh, and if it does, you wont both be able to access the calandars at the same time (if you lucky, you might get read only access).

5. danyell

danyell Member

google "outlook calendar sharing" and there are lots of third party apps that do what you want.

depends how much you want to spend, however... but i tried a few of the options some moons ago and they can work quite well, but not up to the standard of exchange sharing

6. ElusiveA

ElusiveA Member

You know I really think microsoft could make a killing if they had a home version of exchange. I know I only want it for calendaring and maybe keeping email in sync on multiple machines, but it seems like a ridiculous amount of effort to goto to set up an exchange machine just for that.

7. FalconGT

FalconGT Member

The op could use a scalix server for free. Will give you 25 premium outlook licences to allow calendar / email sync from outlook. It only requires a linux box or linux virtual machine to run.