1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by bozodos, May 2, 2014.

1. bozodos

bozodos Member

2. Ospi

Ospi Member

Certainly very pretty.

3. power

power Member

just lost a lot of respect for Kevin Spacey.

4. OP
    OP
    bozodos

bozodos Member

It's trendy to hate on CoD, but I really enjoyed the single player, up until Ghosts. Will likely still preorder this if I can get it cheap

5. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

hmm So I wonder if this CoD is in the same CoD-verse as the Modern Warfare series, or a totally new one ? Havent watched the trailer yet so that question may have been answered.

Sledgehammer co-developed MW3, so I was sure the next CoD would be MW4 heh

6. hosh0

hosh0 Member

I don't hate it cause it's trendy, I hate it because it's not innovative in anyway, it's the same stuf fyear after year churned out and it feels to me to be holding my hand far too much, there is no challenge for me.

But that's why I don't buy it, never got the point of telling those who do enjoy it they shouldn't buy it there is a market for it for sure. I just wish people wouldn't hold it up as if it was the greatest game ever made cause it sold a lot of copies.

7. stitch512

stitch512 Member

I actually thought the trailer was great. Hopefully the single player will be quite good. Looks like the MP could be very titanfall minus the titans assuming that players will have jetpacks and ways to climb walls.

8. Desert_Runner

Desert_Runner Member

Yet another CoD trailer with sub 30 seconds of actual gameplay. I don't understand how people don't get tired of paying $80 to watcha B grade action movie. :thumbdn:

9. stitch512

stitch512 Member

Because most of the campaigns for COD games have actually been pretty fun maybe????

Admittedly they have gotten really easy since MW2. Try playing pre MW2 on Veteran and then go to post MW2...major difference. Other then that the SP usually is very well done.

10. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

I'm with you on this one. I think you and me are the only persons in the universe who do like them though :weirdo:

11. prezident doom

prezident doom Member

+1 they are good simple run and gun fun.
    However having said that I have never purchased one for more than $40. I always wait until they go on sale.

As for the trailer I love the exo suits :thumbup:

12. Lord Belial

Lord Belial Member

Looks like Crysis of Duty, with dead-eyed Kevin Spacey. Could be good though, I am a fan of COD from 4 (like everybody else...) who wishes for a MW1 level shakeup of the franchise. Hopefully the (relative) slump in sales for Ghosts sends the message that even Joe Public is becoming a little tired of the formula.

Please don't drive it into the ground like Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero etc.

13. ChaSk

ChaSk Member

Looks like a new engine hooray! Quake 3 tech is getting a bit old :) With the state of BF4 multiplayer and its bugs hopefully this new engine will provide some competition to the BF Franchise.

14. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

I think the main reason Ghosts didnt sell as well as its predecessors was the timing. It released right when the new consoles came out and presumably people didnt want to buy an inferior version for the old consoles.

I played though the campaign of Ghosts and found it as enjoyable or moreso than the previous games, it wasnt a bad SP game by any means imo

I think now the 'nextgen' consoles are plentiful and esp so by November, this new CoD will reach MW2 & Blops 2 sales levels. I think Kevin Spacey will attract alot of sales as well :lol:

PS Ghosts still sold 19 million copies, which is still nothing to sneeze at :)

15. OP
    OP
    bozodos

bozodos Member

This. Except I can always find a preorder from somewhere for around $40. I get about 4-5 hours of campaign out of hardened, usually go and play multiplayer for 2-3 hours and go back to Battlefield.

The campaign always craps all over Battlefield's, except for Ghosts - some levels were great, yet other parts felt like CoD 2 with crappy low res textures and design.

It seems that the trailer is now on the offical CoD Youtube channel

16. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

17. OP
    OP
    bozodos

bozodos Member

my bad - I only looked on the first page.

18. raGneG

raGneG Member

Lols this game looks like a big le sigh.

Copy paste Kevin Spaceys House of Cards character. Done.

19. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

so it's COD + Elysium + House of Cards? hmmmm....might be interesting or it might be an unpolishable turd.

I'll give the benefit of doubt with sledgehammer games being it's their first venture on their own. I've already given up on IW whom many used to see at the best out of all the studios but that's not the case anymore. I still like treyarch for BLOPS 2 but overall it is getting stale.

what's next the crusades?

EDIT: I bet you that Spacey's character will end up being the bad guy in the game's story...if it has one. I thought he wouldn't be doing games after his "i won't do shit roles just to make your movie good" rant!

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  20. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Of course it will have a story. In all the articles I've read so far, its been confirmed Spacey will be the game's main antagonist