1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by bozodos, May 2, 2014.

1. Stevros

Stevros Member

I just had a go of the free weekend to see if anything much has changed. I only played one match and the graphics seemed really unimpressive. I thought this one was supposed to look a lot better than the previous console ports?

Game seems reasonably fun at least but its still the same old thing. At least its not as bad as black ops 2 which was definitely the low point in the COD series.
    Coming from playing Battlefield it feels like you have an aimbot when you shoot people. The gun just seems to lock on and follow them, makes you feel so pro, but i guess thats why the COD series has been so popular with casual gamers.

2. lionman

lionman Member

I couldn't find a thread on this game.

I know the COD series isn't particularly popular with a lot of gamers, so I'm ready for the negative comments :lol:

My wife bought it for me for christmas after she saw the ad with Kevin Spacey. Bless her. I wouldn't have bought it personally, but the thought was nice so I gave it a crack. Didn't realise it was going to take up 50GB until I put the first (of six) disks in. :shock:

Played through the single player in a couple of hours (typical for COD games) and it was actually pretty fun. I Can't help feel its borrowed a bit too much from Crysis with the whole techno suit going on. And the heavily scripted "smash the F key now for no apparent reason or die" thing I remember from earlier versions of the game. Not sure why the kept on with that.

Played a couple of rounds of multiplayer. I need a new GPU. 5850 is feeling very long in the tooth.

Anyone else playing this?

3. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i haven't touched the multiplayer in a while and i am already bored of it because the next one will be out in 10 months anyway....don't need an announcement cos we all know activision's plan is here!

4. LordHole

LordHole (Banned or Deleted)

How do I get my money back for this atrocity?

Seriously, this is the clunkiest, shittiest air rail shooter I've ever played.

5. 3stars

3stars Member

loved COD 4 my favourate

6. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

So you advise against buying it?

:lol: :lol:

7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

8. Stevros

Stevros Member

9. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

It's hardly beating a dead horse....it's still selling in the millions and I'm sure this DLC will be picked up by the majority who own it

CoD isnt my cup of tea either...but to dismiss it's popularity would be naive

10. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Well if people like it and happy to fork out then who cares? :p

11. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Bit of a necro... but does anyone still have this installed, who might be interested in doing the Co-Op portion with me?

I tried with a friend but neither of us could manage to get our ports forwarded properly enough to host a game. Despite never having issues doing the setup for previous CoD's.

I need to uninstall this for the space, but I really want to play through the Co-Op before I do :upset: