1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by bozodos, May 2, 2014.

1. shizmo

shizmo Member

Purchased, preloading now. 6hrs to go.

Seems a winner based on youtube reviews.

2. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

I dunno, seems like it'll be the best one for a long while...

3. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I dont think itl be better then black ops 2 overall, but looks to be more worth playing then Ghosts..

Is the framerate capped to 91fps like ghosts? any weird FPS dips like in ghosts?

tagged you so you can pay me out ;)

4. Ic3man

Ic3man Member

Game so far feels pretty short, so far im maybe 6-7 hours in.. and I feel im not far from the end of the single player.

Getting a lot of audio lag issues in cutscenes. its about 47GB installed.
    running GTX780 watercooled.. not sure if i'll get much more out of this game since Zombies is meant to be on season pass/dlc?
    back to Destiny(PS4) & Beyond earth.. awaits FC4

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  5. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

annnnnd still not worth it. The game is actually good, the maps are well made for the new mechanics... but fuck p2p servers are absofuckinglootly retarded. If I'd known I never woulda got it =\

6. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

thats why treyarch are good they do dedicated (even if u cant run em yourself)

PVP is a joke and pricks with NBN and pings of 5 have such an advantage it sux eh..

Might stick to it on ps4 with all my noob mates, even though I suck with controller!

7. Lithiumz

Lithiumz Member

This.

Seriously, they said there would be ded servers?

http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/21/dedicated-servers-confirmed-for-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare/

edit: Lol the devs did an AMA on reddit. Just search the word "dedicated" and see how many people asking what the f is going on with dedicated servers.
    No responses to any of them unsurprisingly.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  8. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Yeah I thought they WERE getting dedicated serverS?

Either way I don't remember playing on dedicated servers on blops2 or mw3...so I'm not sure it's that big of a deal.

I know what i'm getting with the new COD game. If you're sick of COD games I doubt a new one will fix that.

9. shizmo

shizmo Member

Do people seriously buy COD games for the singleplayer only?

COD is a multiplayer title with a bonus single player install tacked on for lawls

10. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

yes, is quite a market actually.. father in law and his mates buy cods/bf's for single player, they have no desire to try online as much as we tell them its better and SP is tack on.

11. Floft

Floft Member

Played about an hour so far. The graphics are amazing (faces are extremely life like). But gameplay is pretty much, same crap, just rehashed. Will be playing it to finish it off, but already I enjoyed BF 4 more. Story just seems so unrealistic... and gameplay is just, shoot this, cover, shoot and next level.

12. Supersize

Supersize Member

For some strange reason I got some wicked lag and CPU spikes on the first intro level, you'd hear the fans on the H110 run at full speed, game was come to a grind 1fps then start running again.

After that game runs perfectly, I left everything on Optimal.
    Surely my 4970k and GTX980 can run this game..

13. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Are you talking about the sp?

I bought it for mp mostly. Played a few maps this morning. I really like it. Seems pretty solid, and well optimised. I actually wish they went further with the jetpacks and allowed you to fly for longer. I haven't decided whether it'll have staying power like Blops2 did for me... I think it will.

Of course it's going to be the 'same gameplay' from COD... it's a COD game. I'm not sure what you expect? All the BF games have pretty much been the same gameplay-wise. All the halos have been the same. And so on. The graphics have been updated a bit with this one. The systems have been refined. The shooting feels even more solid.

What were people wanting from this exactly?

14. niggz

niggz Member

yeah me and my mate got the exact same lag at the start on all servers

15. 2SHY

2SHY Member

I have only ever bought CoD for multiplayer. Not sure why else you buy the game.

16. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Also this feels like the first COD i've played that doesn't feel like it's about who sees who first usually gets the point... I feel when someone wins a firefight in this game it's just because they were shooting, aiming and moving better than I was.

EDIT: I'm also shocked whenever someone says they buy COD for the sp... I really don't understand it. You pay for 4-8 hours and that's it. MP is why you should buy COD. So many other games do SP so much better. I guess COD is quite polished, but it's very low down on my SP ratings.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  17. miicah

miicah Member

What other FPS games are out there (SP wise)? Crysis, Far Cry, Metro 2033... And?

18. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

All of those are better than COD for SP.

Borderlands (I realise it's coop, but it's SP gameplay), Destiny (same as Borderlands), Halo (to an extent - I actually don't love that series), Biochock, Wolfenstein, Resistence, Killzone, Fallout, Skyrim...

Then you have third person games which are my personal favourites for SP: Uncharted, splinter cell, max payne, GTA, Tomb Raider.

And that's JUST limiting myself to 'currently going' series of games... There's others like Deux Ex series, Red Dead Redemption...I could go on and on and on...

I'm struggling to think of a AAA game that has a worse SP than COD.

19. dARCKLOWN

dARCKLOWN Member

I buy what ever the latest CoD is when I find it for about $20 or so months after release and only ever play the single player, I find it a decent Micheal Bayish big dumb 4-5 hours of fun. The multi dosen't interest me at all, Ive got BF4 and Arma for good multiplayer.

The last CoD multi I played was MW2 and that lasted about 4-5 hours until the P2P garbage was too hard to ignore and havent touched a CoD multi since.

20. shizmo

shizmo Member

Played about 3 hours this morning. Fairly brutal fun with the exo suits tbh... I mean it gives another dimension to the game considering you can actually dodge left right forward backward I have been caught in sure death situations 3v1 only to dodge and live long enough to turn the situation/backup.

Fucking lazerbeams thou... Unsure about this, so fucking strong and long range. It's not the easiest to use but its a bit BS in general, not sure I like it being in the game. Maybe once I get some more unlocks it will get better.