1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by karnage112, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Ekin

Ekin Member

2. Rezin

Rezin Member

3. Philll

Philll Member

22 seconds into that clip.. that's exactly what I'm talking about, what has this series become.

4. GiantGuineaPig

GiantGuineaPig Member

Played tonight with a hacker called (o_O) who was just sitting in the corner of the map and headshotting everyone.

The amount of times i get kicked out of a lobby, wait for a lobby to form, merge with another lobby, lose host and wait for migration, migration fails etc makes this from a great experience to an OK one which I play because there's no other good FPS's around atm.

5. anthony256

anthony256 Member

Don't play it in a week (moved house).

Internet gets connected today (2 days from no connection > ADSL, pretty good).

Crank up MW2 (new NVIDIA driver - SLI profile, hoorah!)

DISC READ ERROR.

That's funny, I have a digital copy.

Mother f***ers. Verified files through Steam, 10 faulty files. Downloading what seems 100's of MB's now.

SIGH

6. kix

kix Member

Is there any way I can sell this game?

7. TXN

TXN Member

Nope. I'm assuming it's tied to steam. SO if you want to get rid of it, you'll have to sell your account. Which is, of course, against the EULA

They've really thought this one through haven't they :p

8. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

The joys of digital downloads.

9. shredR

shredR Member

I seriously have had like no Ping issues at all (on PC).. The only issues i've had is the occasional lobby shut down or what not, but its not hard to click Find Game and get into another.. No point whining about dedicated servers anymore.. Were not going to get them.. Either play the game online or don't.. People need to stop complaining.. :D

10. tfroggydawg

tfroggydawg Member

srgh so sick of conneciton issues....NAT is open what more can I do?

1 in 5 games fails and kicks me out or lags.

11. Sobbsy

Sobbsy Member

Heh, the AI in spec ops are some really pro hackers aren't they.

I was lying down 100m away from a group of 3 retarded ruskies, in thick brush and total shadow, facing their backs just waiting...watching... But then for absolutely no reason they all drop what they're doing, turn around and let rip into me with 3 full AK clips.

Had fun though. In fact, I reached that point by just running full speed through the earlier section and point-blanking all the snipers as they desperately backpeddled and tried to swap between their sniper rifle and pistol... I don't think they could make up their mind.

:lol:

12. lionman

lionman Member

+1

I have only had ping issues at 4 in the morning when every sane ausie is in bed and I have been connected with an overseas host.

There have been some frustrating times waiting to join a game but mostly it is quick and painless.

13. Domokun

Domokun Member

Oh well, I have finally achieved three stars in all the Spec Ops missions, so this game is officially done for me (I'm not even going to bother with multi-player). Bring on BFBC2!

14. Azrael

Azrael Member

Its up a ladder on a guard tower. I found it the first time i played the mission.

15. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Me Rofls at all the people who despite numerous warnings NOT to buy this game..still went ahead and got it.

I hate to say it but.......WE TOLD YOU SO!!!

:)

16. FiShy

FiShy Member

That's the whole point of drm, to kill the resale market.

17. TXN

TXN Member

Hah! There's another incredibly sneaky one when you're racing downhill on your snowmobile ;)

18. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

DiGiTaL MoNkEY Inverted Monkey

Its what the future will be. At least with steam i can upgrade my PC over the years and still keep my games, unlike console which the game is tied to that generation of console and generally can't be played on the next iteration whether it be Playstation or Xbox.

19. FTO

FTO Member

I Love the fact that everyone thinks BC2 will be like a revelation and that it will be better than MW2 just because it has dedicated servers, lol, while they whinge about MW2 being a console port and expect BC2 not to be a port considering BC1 was a console exclusive.

20. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

mmm....dedicated servers...seems like a pretty big relelation over MW2 already...dont you think :confused: :rolleyes: