1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by karnage112, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Frostyknight

Frostyknight Member

True, but Battlefield 2 was pretty amazing and very popular, and it looks alot like a good combo of MW2 + BF2.

2. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

DiGiTaL MoNkEY Inverted Monkey

People like options, they don't like to be tied into one system or another. To reduce the amount of bad press IW should of just had both their IW.net system and the option for dedicated servers, plus mod support as well...then half of the ranting wouldn't even make it onto the net.

For people who don't care for dedicated servers give them the easy option of using IW.net with a click of a button, for those that want more control, have the dedicated server option to allow the community to thrive...and increase the player/team cap to something more reasonable on the dedicated server side.

3. d-dave-b

d-dave-b Member

But it's fkn awesome... you sir are the one missing out.

I do not have any problems with lag what-so-ever. And yes, it is a slight fallback of course, but it's not game ruining, and the content and addictive nature and FUN of the multi player just so out weighs the negatives.

4. AussieTemplar

AussieTemplar Member

They regularly have it on sale, so keep checking back.

I picked mine up for $47.95 back in August before all the huge price increases happened. :thumbup:

5. tfroggydawg

tfroggydawg Member

Its because the people making it basically invented epic large scale pc FPS gaming. This isnt some new company playing smoke and mirrors trying to drive the hype train into infinity and beyond.

BF 1942 / BF2 were both amazing and popular games and if BC2 is anything like thoses we are in for some fun times indeed.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  6. Azrael

Azrael Member

I have to say that i find MW2 much more enjoyable and fun than i ever did BF2. The lack of vehicles is a certain plus for me.

7. Ch4iS

Ch4iS Member

Been looking around for the best deal not happy to pay $89 USD for it, probbaly asked a million times but wheres the best deal if someone can point me in the right direction, I would prefer to have it on steam.

G2Play.net has the steam key but none in stock for $56. Would love to be playing it this weekend :D

8. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

..but IW/activsion wont be able to drain the gaming community of more money from DLC's, ect if they done that...:p

I'm not sure if i'm missing out too much...you got ppl saying its a great SP game, and have lag-free MP, while you got other ppl saying..game crashes every level, and mp crashes also, and MP is a lag fest...i dont quite see the positives outweighing the negatives i'm afraid....not for $80 plus anyway. Tell me when this game is $20 and i mite go down and pick it up :thumbup:.

9. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

play-asia.com sell hard copies, not keys. So should be fine.

10. nugget28

nugget28 Member

So i gave in and bought it (well kinda got it kind of free, took back 2 ps3 games over the time and just used a voucher) and am installing it now.

11. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

Let us know how you go. Curious to know if you had any expectations before playing? and if you're a big multiplayer gamer...grabbed a PC copy? or PS3?

12. Ekin

Ekin Member

Hopefully, but what i heard is the issue being the asia version being activated outside of asia.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  13. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

thinking of grabbing the PC version.

14. Hens

Hens Member

I agree.

The pace in mw2 is nice and fast, the achievment system is very rewarding, and I enjoy the more close combat style gameplay.

15. Mathuisella

Mathuisella Member

playing it on PC, single.co op is nice. multiplayer is hit and miss, if you get a good aussie host it's great if you don't the games lags like crap.

I'm usually the host with 24 down 1mb up and a pc that can handle it so mp is great for me usually topping the score lists no trouble at all

16. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Played FPS pretty much forever and most of the ones you can think of.

Also played every cod and tbh this is by far my favourite. Very first game i played had lag the next 3 didnt and so far stuck with the same one and been playing fine and its been a hoot. I was honestly a spectic but it really is a lot of fun.

PC copy btw :thumbup:

17. DiGiTaL MoNkEY

Sweet! thanks for you input nugget28 :thumbup::thumbup:

18. tekNique

tekNique Member

Its slower paced than any other CoD in a way and heavily dominated by air support. You wont get far running and gunning here, all about scoping out locations and moving forward to places of cover. For me nothing has come close to CoD:UO really was a fantastic game online a beautiful expansion.

19. nugget28

nugget28 Member

TBH i acutally forgot about UO and never played it.

However air strikes are not neccasarily a dominate part and running and gunning if your good enough is more than a usable tactic.

20. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

I much prefer the running and gunning games. Theres nothing more frustrating that to have 90% of the enemy camping. Makes for the most BORING game ever because no one is doing anything. And the moment you move you get picked off by guys camping in the grass.