Call of Duty - Modern Warfare (2019)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by the_antipop, May 31, 2019.

1. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

Exclusive PS4 Survival mode trailer

2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Does look cool as a nice change from co-op spec-ops but im not desperate for it. The 50% thumbs down on YouTube is representative of the communities feelings on it, I think itl end up being 3 months and it comes to other platforms.

3. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Thought it was locked away for 12months for PS4 only.

By the look of the fallout from the loot boxes the poor people at activision are going to have to wait 1-2 months, before they can drop them back in.

4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah 12 months but it wouldn't surprise me if they change it.

They claim no loot boxes at all just optional seasonal passes for extra cosmetic stuff.

Time will tell though.

5. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

At no point did they say "no loot boxes ever" One would think if they planned on not having loot boxes in the game, they would have come out and said it first for good PR.

They just going to be scummy arseholes and put it in later, like they've always done. They only care about money and not the players/games.

walker_2003 likes this.
  6. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

The publisher scummy yes. Developers less so. Looks like devs have put in a lot of effort. First engine change in like over 10 years for starters.

7. AlliZ

AlliZ Member

gmg has some discounted copies up, its like $8 off standard edt

8. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

But they get told to put it in and the gamers are the ones that suffer. They do not care about gamers only money.

This is keep going to happen till people stop buy the shitty products.

9. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

don't be silly... a lot of huff and puff … and on launch day crumble and buy it.

walker_2003 likes this.
  10. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

People never buy CoD? no chance.

Considering previous CoD's had lootboxes off the bat, paid DLC what we are getting is the best of a bad bunch.

Unfortunately the precedent has been set by activision to provide ongoing $ after release if they dont they crumble. If it means season pass cosmetics and later down track optional lootboxes for cosmetics, then go nuts. Beats $50+ season passes.

11. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Not going to happen, didn't buy BF5 and it's not going to happen here as well.

Don't buy P2W games with a $60 price tag. I know loot boxes are not going to be in at the start, but you know they're coming.

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Its not P2W.. even when lootboxes come, most likely just cosmetic, and if like black ops (which I very much doubt after flak they got from those) and has guns in crates they are just existing guns in a new variant with tiny micro buffs to stats, meh, wont turn you into shroud.

Sounds like you cant handle other players having shinier skins then you lol.

Still no preload on battlenet, lucky I got NBN now.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  13. Plonkflopped

Plonkflopped Member

Doesn't matter. It's an advantage no matter how small.

Haven't bought a COD since MW2 and it looks like that won't be changing this year.

14. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

True but I don't see it happening. Their post game income will come from the season pass for cosmetics and perhaps down track loot crates for cosmetics only.

Your loss, been some great fun in CoDs since MW2 and a heap without micro transactions since then (less so more recently)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  15. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

You seem not to understand how this all works, it starts small then just keeps going till people backlash, then they say sorry and say people wanted it and it's back to small again. All the while gamers are getting fleeced with half arse games.

When was the last time you hear a MTX store stuff up?

16. OP
    OP
    the_antipop

the_antipop Member

GreenManGaming keys have gone out. Activated mine on the Blizzard App, ready for Preload!

17. Azzan

Azzan Member

Heh I don't see too much problem with P2W games.. cos if you think about it people with great hardware already have huge advantage over those with shit hardware.. especially on first person shooter games imo, e.g.
    Quake 2 - A: 14-15" crap CRT(800x600/1024x768), slow CPU, Intel i740 vs B: 17-21" Samsung/Sony CRT(1600x1200), P2 450, Riva TNT Ultra
    Crysis 2/3 - A: 4:3 crap LCD, slow AMD CPU/GPU, cheap mouse vs B: 16:9 120Hz LED, i7 CPU, NVidia GTX580/680, gaming mouse/pad
    Latest FPS - A: 22-24" 60Hz 5ms, slow AMD CPU/GPU, cheap mouse vs B: 24+" 144-240Hz, <1ms, i7 CPU, RTX2080+, gaming mouse/pad
    Obviously experience and skills(accuracy, hand and eye coordination, field awareness etc) are gonna make big difference, but person with setup B will have huge advantage over someone with setup A. :D

Anyway I haven't played multiplayer shooter game in ages(last one I played was Crysis 3) and can't wait to kick some serious ass.
    I'll probably run 1440p at lowest settings so I can get 140+ FPS all the time.

walker_2003 likes this.
  18. Plonkflopped

Plonkflopped Member

Judging by all videos and gameplay I've seen over the years it's been the same game just with different shades of paint.

COD2 was the last good one in my books with anything since then all about twitch gun play. Just not my thing.

My opinion only of course. Closest thing I get to multiplayer games these days is skribble.io :)

walker_2003 likes this.
  19. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Welcome to 2019 AAA gaming*

Its not perfect, but I still have plenty of fun.

*Excluding CD Projekt, they are the Keanu Reeves of Publishers.

20. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Yes, I've saved alot of money in 2019.
    If you think half baked games with shit patches after shit patches "fun" then we have very much different ideas on "fun".

Looking forward to 2020 so I can save even more money. You don't reward bad behaviour. IMO