Call of Duty - Modern Warfare (2019)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by the_antipop, May 31, 2019.

1. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Wow I downloaded this game on Sunday and played last night for the first time. Very friendly people.

Very first game:

Game: *in plane* "press space bar to deploy"
    Me: *presses spacebar*
    Them: "What are you doing?!?"
    Me: *hmm 350m away, guess I'll go to them*
    Me: *kills 5 people and loots a bunch of chests*
    Me: *30m away*
    Me: *dies*
    Them: "I'm not reviving you, you shit **** loner"

jpw007 and walker_2003 like this.
  2. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Yeah. It’s pretty trash. I only play with friends now. Sick of pub games.

3. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah I sometimes miss the finding of epic attachments like suppressors. But at the same time pubg had a very heavy RNG and this one is more balanced.

Def had to watch aim/recoil more in pubg.

4. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I've genuinely got the shittest luck in PUBG, it's like i can find either a scope OR a sniper, rarely both but i don't mind. It kind of goes in with the slower pace i guess.

With CoD being so much faster it makes sense to not want to fiddle with those things. Aim's definitely important in CoD but recoil doesn't seem so much - I've noticed you get killed if you take hte effort to spread bursts but if you just full auto the recoil is so little that you kill the enemy super quick. Try that in PUBG and you'll be shooting skyward after a few bullets :lol:

I've got to give Warzone some time. It's just with PUBG having such a steep learning curve i've found it to be more rewarding of a BR than CoD, but god damn CoD is sooooooo much better refined, smooth etc etc

walker_2003 likes this.
  5. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah pubg is a clunky mess but it still has some of the best memories for me. Cod is much more refined.

6. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

The clunkiness and bugs were all part of the PUBG charm IMO

walker_2003 likes this.
  7. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

At forty-something and being at least a decade out of PC gaming I've just jumped back in and am enjoying MW. I had been playing mostly driving games on XBox and lately Ghost recon, but really only the single player campaigns where it doesn't matter if it takes me a million attempts to get through a challenge :p

Modern Warfare has been interesting. I finished the campaign pretty quickly (with gold on everything so it mustn't be too hard) and have moved onto multiplayer. Part of the attraction was so I could play games with my Son (who is into PC gaming in a big way and hates that my desktop is better than his :p ). I can be anywhere from first to last after a match, so I reckon that makes me about average overall. My reflexes are not up to that of the kids, but honestly, I don't care too much as I enjoy myself even when I come in last.... although I do feel bad when my death count is a significant contributor to the team's loss. That said, I'm slowly learning the maps and where people tend to hide, so I'm getting better, but young reflexes is something I no longer have! That and I only get a few rounds in at a time and even then not every day after work and family commitments get in the way of the 'every waking moment' gaming model my sons seems to want to adopt.

I have zero interest in buying new weapons or grinding my way through every single gun (clearly I'm not part of their target demographic). I've picked a few I like and have/am levelling them up and have picked a couple of others to play with occasionally, so eventually I might get there. The Battlepass isn't something I have bought into, it's a model that is foreign to my old brain but maybe I'll end up throwing in a few bucks, especially if I have levelled myself up enough to earn enough credits to cover the next months battlepass (theoretically I believe it's possible to earn enough credits to get it free every month after you pay for the first one).

Cross platform has clearly opened up the community, which is good, but the height of insults hasn't changed in the 25 years since I started gaming (and going to LAN events) so calling someone gay, telling them you're shagging their mother/sister or bitching that they are cheating or camping or using the wrong weapon... yeeeaap. Still the same. Lots of beers being opened and burps too... so I'm amongst my people :p While I don't tend to go on mic myself, it's interesting listening to some people (and that mute button is just a click away for everyone else).

Get off my lawn

/old man.

8. miguel_sanchez

miguel_sanchez Member

Nice one old man! Reflexes don't necessarily win games in MW I've found, sure they help, but knowledge of the map, playing smart and plus using the right weapons is all you need to do well. I've found since thinking a bit more deliberately about those things i'm often near the top, even though my reflexes are starting to go the closer i get to forty :tongue:

FWIW i only just bought the battle pass and wish i had a bit earlier as you do get a few things out of it, and like you said if you level up enough the next one is effectively free. I don't play a lot, like 4-8 hours a week, and i should get there before season 5 is up.

9. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

These are all the gold skins i have so far and I am only 2 long shots away from getting the gold skin on the deagle :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

walker_2003 and Madengineer like this.
  10. Dilligaf666

Dilligaf666 Member

This is similar to me except I have a few years on you.
    I like how you can jump into a quick game - a bit random sometimes doe extremely well - sometimes incredibly poorly
    Mostly in between - and Its a bit of fun - and I can mute other players when required.

th3_hawk likes this.
  11. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Oh I got all platinum skins for pistols now :D

12. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I dunno how I magically got 58 matches added to this skin completion (i deducted 2 games that i know i played).

so that means i've killed at least 900 enemies :D

[​IMG]

13. yangby

yangby Member

Ive seen ppl have tracer rounds, how do we get those?

Dont worry, you have to buy them :(

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    walker_2003 likes this.
  14. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

I joined a game with 3 people on my team last night. They literally dropped from the plane as soon as they could.

I stayed in the plane and they all died I went to mid at the edge of the zone. Killed 2 guys on the roof using pistol. Then managed to stay undetected the rest of the map until I was in literally a shed in the little circle while 3 teams outside fort.

I was last alive until it was me vs 2. Killed 1 and the other shit me from behind.

Was epic fun!

15. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Since the last couple of updates I've been getting stuttering.

3700X / 5700XT at 1440p...

When I got this game couple of weeks ago, it was flawless, then last week there was 2 updates. Now it runs and every ~10 seconds it gets a 1/2 pause.

Anyone else experience this?

16. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Not sure if itl help but it happened to my mate and he said he ran CCleaner and it fixed it. Unlikely but worth a go I guess

17. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

got the obsidian skin for the glock.

walker_2003 likes this.
  18. rthy

rthy Member

so.. season6

19. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

I've been getting back into COD, having a blast.

Playing hardcore, just doing a general filter - but finding only about 1 in 15 games are in the newer maps, and playing a shipload of shipment which is good for leveling up guns, but gets very tedious...

20. miguel_sanchez

miguel_sanchez Member

Choo choo MFs! Content looks good from the trailer in both warzone and multiplayer.

Been enjoying the BR mini's again, such a good game mode, hopefully it doesn't go away with this season.