Call of Duty - Modern Warfare (2019)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by the_antipop, May 31, 2019.

1. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Mine often is blurry as for some reason it defaults to fullscreen bordeless and render resolution then drops to 50%.

Not sure why but it's always done that. It's second nature to check that stupid setting every launch.

2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

everyone's is even at native res and 120% render.. And this is after the fix when game launches in wrong res/full screen borderless (yet another unfixed bug)

Some speculate it's game downscaling res in the distance as the engine just can't handle big maps.

Up close things a fine I the distance things aren't very sharp at all. I should really do a comparison between it and PUBG it's amazing how many people don't notice it. Perhaps mainly 1080p gamers.

Alex may have SBMM but doesn't have EOMM which is what really ruins this game.

BR are about RNG and risk and reward. Needs to be far harder to get loadouts. Maybe 20K to buy will help but maybe also only the 1 drop per round per team not the 2 or 3 that it is at moment.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  3. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

I haven't had to touch that in ages.

Eh PUBG is sharp because it is an ancient engine with horrific textures but I know what you are talking about now. They do desperately want you to blur something in MW / Cold War with the myriad of settings. I am pretty sure they removed one or two settings to get rid of blur as well. I use the AMD image sharpening but haven't really tested it at different levels.

Funnily enough if engagement is factored into Apex algorithm and we know it favours speed over match making then it may be more EOMM than SBMM, hard to know when stealth changes are made that do not require patching clients.
    https://www.essentiallysports.com/i...plains-how-sbmm-alogrithm-works-news-esports/

The only requirement for BR is one winner from many participants. The rest is preference. You are anti-meta which is fine, I hate that too. I am not a huge fan of being shot by the FFAR/AUG constantly but then I am not a fan of being shot in general. You could have a "blueprints" mode for BR where you can't get your own loadouts but you get top tier blueprints from loadout drops. But are you really going to be happy when you lose to someone that happened to get the constrictor/midnight express combo? Winning Warzone BR has a lot to do with winning the most advantageous final circle positioning which currently has little to do with RNG.

You can't really escape "meta" loadouts, it's just what people consider to be "best" at the time. Couple that with a micro-transaction game and the new shiny is always also going to be the best in some way because money. You would think they would spend more of that money on their servers.

walker_2003 likes this.
  4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I think what warzone needs amongst many other things is loadout packages to be 20k to buy. Only drop in 25% of the amount they do now but improve ground loot by having perks as well as legendaries actually being community voted meta loadouts or perhaps having 6 attachments or something to make them even more viable then a loadout..

You shouldn't be able to find a legendary item that is not comparable to a loadout gun that can be bought in after 4 Mins of looting, makes no sense.

Is also rumors that there won't be a new map just a 1980 reskin of verdandsk, hope that's not true.

5. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

Maybe there shouldn't be free loadout drops at all. As it is now it is always buy loadout, hit free one for ghost.

1980 reskin could mean a lot more than just a reskin. however I am guessing changes like fortnite but lazier.

Wait, Verdansk is already an eastern block 80s prefab concrete eyesore so what ARE they going to change? Then the next question is what does WW2 Verdansk look like?

I like how I have already read an "omg WW2 guns such dread" like there aren't already WW2 guns in the game. :rolleyes:

walker_2003 likes this.
  6. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah i doubt rumors are true when audio files been leaked saying nuke verdansk.

Yeah no free loadouts sounds better and maybe to buy them costs 15 or 20k but they also need to beef up legendary items to make them more tempting then loadouts.

7. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

tried WZ solo for the meh of it.. and meh! lagged/killed right as I was getting loadout FFS.. making millions and cant even handle servers.

8. vuu

vuu Member

As someone who's played since Season 1 the servers are so much better now days lol. Back then it was a REGULAR occurrence, like you'd get servers that would 100% lag the entire game and people would play it out it was actually funny as fuck. People teleporting everywhere just going for the win..

I haven't played in almost a year or so and just hopped back on. The game performs SO MUCH BETTER wow (FPS wise) everything is so smooth and a lot more optimized. GJ Activsion

9. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I did notice framerates were higher. I played from day one and it was fine then the odd lag. I've now had it two sessions in a row.

They do no deserve praise just for doing that but can't fix 1 year old bugs and exploits.

10. vuu

vuu Member

Really? There was a period where it was a 50/50 chance you get into a shit server and just have to leave lol. But I guess you knew it was a shit server so you could choose to play it out or find a good server but random lag in the middle is much more frustrating I agree.

walker_2003 likes this.
  11. breno

breno Member

On a nvidia card? Alt+f3 and apply sharpening. Clean as.

Loaded up after several months because I just got a new monitor, 100gb update whaaat?
    What do you get for a 100gb? A new game?

12. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

A whole lot of new and return bugs/exploits and some shitty skins.

13. breno

breno Member

The bugs that pissed me off enough a few months ago haven't returned upon playing again this week. Playing again because I got a new monitor and wanting to check it out :leet:
    The bugs were, crashing at start up and then working fine upon a second try.
    Never actually loading into a round, just kept saying loading.
    I didn't have time for that crap, rather play something that worked.

14. rthy

rthy Member

skyov pistol released, fully auto...

15. DivHunter

DivHunter Member

The plus side of the sykov is you get ghost right away. The negative side of the sykov is everyone has ghost right away.

Past 15m the akimbo is kinda trash. I think you are at a disadvantage if everyone in a trio/quad runs them.

16. OzJustin

OzJustin Member

Does anyone know if Season 3 Warzone release is 3pm today (AEST)?

17. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

anyone else actually been able to update?
    Mine just keeps going through the same "Scanning game files" process over and over

18. aphexer

aphexer Member

I had the same issue, yesterday though... followed the guidance here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODWarzone/comments/j8brby/stuck_on_scanning_game_files/

I deleted the *.idx files as directed, along with a bunch of small data files.

Scan finished as was able to play shortly thereafter.

Hope it helps

19. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

Legend! Worked a treat. Much appreciated.

Really annoying as i left my PC on while i was work so it could download the update when it was released. Anyway.

20. rthy

rthy Member

fak fps has drops heaps after this patch
    edit:
    menu fps dropped heaps but ingame is ok.
    lots of new bugs...ffs

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021