Call of Duty - Modern Warfare (2019)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by the_antipop, May 31, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    the_antipop

the_antipop Member

DLSS is working a treat. Got mine set to quality - looks great. Getting 170+ fps @ 1440p with everything on ultra and ray tracing on.

walker_2003 likes this.
  2. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

So deleting the 1KB and IDX files got the game to update. But now it wont launch, seems like a lot of people complaining they hit play it starts the task and then immediately crashes. Nothing like a well tested update....

Edit: Found the fix for not launching, you have to uninstall citrix....

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  3. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

DLSS seems pretty well implemented. Game needed it (but for how it looks shouldnt)

4. OzJustin

OzJustin Member

I’m having the same issue. Click play and then the game fails to launch. Good job guys! -_-
    I’ve updated nvidia drivers, deleted the IDX files, done a game repair etc and none of that has worked. Will try the Citrix uninstall next. I’ve never encountered as game as consistently buggy as this. The game is fun but geez it tests your patience!

5. woja

woja Member

How's DLSS treating you?

6. garfield2k

garfield2k Member

there was something about the latest windows update - kb5001330. try uninstalling. seemed to work for me - was having game crash to desktop

7. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

didnt seem to notice much fps increase with DLSS perf but im sure its there.

Game is still meh though needed whole new map and a change to formula. Back to PUBG.

8. miguel_sanchez

miguel_sanchez Member

Resurgence on the new verdansk map is a bit of fun from the few hours i played the other night. I gather snipers are going to be an issue now with all the extra open space though.

9. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I need more peeps to play Warzone with :D

10. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Anybody struggling to get into MP games right now?

It loads the queue, says there are the right amount of people in the lobby, but then kicks me out and starts again?

11. CptVipeR

CptVipeR Member

Yes I was having that issue on Friday night as well. Was fine over the weekend.

12. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

People still actually play this shit? :confused:

13. miguel_sanchez

miguel_sanchez Member

Yes. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean everyone else also doesn't like it.

Although I am itching for BF2042 to hurry up and come out.

Kommandant33 and Madengineer like this.
  14. rthy

rthy Member

yeah i dont know why i still play this game, dev1099 almost every other game

15. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

What's to actually like about the game? Especially when playing Warzone which is the big grab at the moment.

Play for 30 minutes only to come 2nd to a blatant aimbotter/waller with 30+ kills.
    Hit detection/rego is balls because dying behind cover to a person with 300+ ping in the lobby is awesome
    SBMM is all over the place. It's either sweats when playing in 4 man pre made squads or team mates with no arms when playing solo in quads, trios etc
    Positional audio is the worst I've come across and at times it's non existent and for an FPS this is a major let down
    Game balance is all over the place, they nerfed the drop rate of stopping power rounds yet dead silence can be found as ground loot or in every 2nd box
    The meta is stale and boring even after the map change and recent gun balancing
    Auto aim for console players is too strong to the the point where it completely negates stun grenade effects (aim assist still kicks in and soft locks targets even whilst stunned)
    Gulag is retard friendly and still benefits one side spawm point (headshot glitch behind the car right infront of your spawn)
    Trucks are still bullet sponges and the hit detection sucks when shooting through the windows

16. kbekus

kbekus Member

It's a super fun game but it's got holes you could drive a bus through.

The cheater stuff is so annoying... some nights I'll play for 3 hours and experience no cheaters, other nights 2 games in 3 I'll get rekt by an obvious wallhacker. Fuck Activision for publishing an online shooter in this day and age without anti-cheat. Even worse, it's free, so when they ban accounts the cheaters just fire up a new account.

Yeah positional audio is terrible. There are definite differences in sound depending on the surface you walk on, but the occlusion is very basic... a mate and I will be side by side, one of us will clearly hear something that the other one of us does not.

Game balance is pretty good right now, several weapons across classes are viable. Maybe I consider this to be good? But it's way better than it ever has been.

I do agree, auto aim doesn't feel right. You get stunned on PC, you're screwed. On console, not so much.

I think SBMM is broken in Aus simply due to the low player count.

17. miguel_sanchez

miguel_sanchez Member

I play 90% multiplayer & 10% warzone. MP also has its problems (e.g. console players + DMR = a frustrating round) but you can still have fun in half or most games. There's a good variety of modes and depending on how many of my friend i'm playing with we can mix up what we're doing to suit the group & mood, get populated servers easily enough and generally have a bit of fun. All important things when you only get a few hours a week to play, but I assume maybe you have the luxury of time up your sleeve.

With warzone, i learnt to just accept it's unlikely i'll win, and to find ways to have fun playing which is still possible. But then i'm a nearly 40y/o dad of two, who's learnt how to prioritize and adjust my attitude to make the most of life. I mean, at least I have a computer and can play games, there's millions (maybe billions?) of people in the world that don't have that luxury, much less the freedom to piss and moan about the imperfections in the ones they do or do not play.

OJR, Madengineer and CptVipeR like this.
  18. miguel_sanchez

miguel_sanchez Member

Speaking of warzone, really enjoying the verdansk mini royales. Wish they were 1 circle larger, but overall a heap of fun and quick turn around for when you make a bad choice on where to drop into and get demolished instantly :lol: I've only played a few hours worth, but managed to get a number of top 5 finishes and a couple of wins. The high level of ground loot makes it fun too, although someone called me a nerd in death comms for drilling him in the open with one of the ground loot guns with tracers :lol:

Madengineer likes this.
  19. rthy

rthy Member

I prefer mw over cw, having players trace you through the wall makes me rage with tears of saltyness

miguel_sanchez and Madengineer like this.
  20. OJR

OJR Member

MW engine looks better than the CW, but CW is better optimised.

miguel_sanchez likes this.