Call of Duty - Modern Warfare (2019)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by the_antipop, May 31, 2019.

1. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

No luck. Uninstalled, redownloading now...

2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

thats annoying. I was getting 800kb\sec last night for 8gb patch so annoying, sped up to 4mb/sec luckily so I got a couple hours in.

Loving this game, started campaign and so far its epic.

MP is fun, needs some tweaking I think but otherwise I think it has a long life, especially with crossplay, though I feel crossplay will be quite limited to ground war.

Had some shroud like kills in gunfight last night, we won like 8 in a row.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    the_antipop and im late like this.
  3. Azzan

Azzan Member

Not sure if I'm gonna jump into mp again cos I'm still too traumatized about the consecutive r4pe fest yesterday.. 13/32 :(
    But it really pisses me off.. cos now I think about it, this beginner handicap in mp is just retarded(typical Activision Blizzard I guess).. why does ~0.5sec delay with ads even exist at first place? it's not realistic, and totally unfair.

I can understand experienced players having access to better weapons(more damage, faster fire rate/reload, better accuracy etc) and it might give them 20-50% advantage.
    But having super slow ads at the start like playing with 95+% disadvantage, obviously you gonna get r4ped most of the time if you have to wait ~0.5sec for your weapon to fire. ><
    What's even worse is that you need to upgrade every single weapon(aim down sight) with this totally fked up bs..

tunksy likes this.
  4. Foliage

Foliage Member

I have an rtx 2080 super, i7, and an asus predator with g-sync/144hz etc.

Can someone recommend the best way to take advantage of this? I dont play multiplayer and dont care about input lag, just want the best graphics. Should I turn vsync on? what fps limit should I use ? How do I ensure g-sync is working correctly?

Ive tried a few things and they all look great, but Im all about optimisation so I'm curious what the "correct" way to set this up is.

Also If Im getting 60-80fps on ultra everything, should I use 144hz, or should I use 60hz?

edit: Google says to turn gsync/vsync on in nvidia control panel and off in game. then set an FPS limit at 141 to ensure no tearing if FPS go above this (they won't).

Also is picking a higher render resolution and lower FPS going to look better? I can run at 60fps with 140% render resolution, not sure if I can tell the difference though.

5. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

What you googled is right use those settings. Use msi afterburner which installs Riva tuner which can limit fps. Run at native res and 144hz and IQ will be best if can. Super sampling res is just like really good AA. The 141 fps lock lowers input lag somehow.

A trick for a nice visual bump is pressing alt+f3 during game and adding a sharpen filter. Much crisper!

Personally I'd rather 80+fps at 100% as 60 starts to be a bit choppy and less pretty I find!

Slightly quicker ads isn't going to fix much haha. Smg tend to come up quicker. It's hard when guns are a low level yes but find one you like (m4 for me and p90) and level those up. Once they are level 6 or so they can keep up with level 20+ versions as all attachments have pros and cons.

Higher level players are unlocking new guns so they also might have low level guns.

6. Foliage

Foliage Member

Good tip on the sharpen filter.

Also all the cinematic a have audio lag, any ideas how to fix that?

7. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

]
    I noticed audio issues during cutscenes on midnight audio mix, or you getting issues all the time?

8. Azzan

Azzan Member

I think faster ads would make huge difference in mp. (i.e. once you level up the attachment to fastest ads)

9. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Half the time I don't even ads for my p90 map dependant.

10. Azzan

Azzan Member

Yer I guess it also comes down to your play style and the weapon. I don't really like using shotguns, but I don't think you really need to use ads for shotguns.
    Personally I prefer machine guns and I always attack with with ads.. so having very slow ads sucks big time for my play style. :(

11. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I've had a cpl bugs where fps drop to 10fps have to restart game

12. Foliage

Foliage Member

Just 1 second audio lag, its consistent on every single cut scene.

Kommandant33 likes this.
  13. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yup my audio is 1 second early, annoying.

Some tips here for everyone, also if you hold down melee when behind someone it does a cool take-down.

ChinoPD likes this.
  14. terroristone

terroristone Member

This ia why it will have a heap of chests soon

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

most people have sights which nerf ADS time, so the ADS times are pretty even across the board, I think someone is just looking for excuses to make up for poor reaction times/aim :p

16. Azzan

Azzan Member

lol honestly I have plenty of experience in shooters(from hours and hours of playing Quake and Crysis mp) and think my skills(reaction time, accuracy and field awareness) are well above average..
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MLuffyGear2/videos (Crysis 2 mp clips)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmYhzv0ZhHBq_yNRZVMC07Q/videos (Crysis 3 mp clips)

17. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

the_antipop likes this.
  18. Azzan

Azzan Member

umm 3 or 4 I think.. I'm not Toxjq but I would usually come in top3 in most team and death matches and my kdr was ~2.0 in Crysis mp.
    But in CoD I come last every game(played 5 mp games so far) and my kdr is ~0.4 atm(20-52). I guess it could also be due to the fact that I never played CoD so I'm not used to the play style, weapons and maps. (but slow ads handicap is just retarded imho)
    Just tried Ground War and it wasn't fun at all.. obviously with my luck I'm gonna be in a losing team, but the worst part was the campers/snipers.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  19. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

The campaign is pretty fun so far!

although as others have said, the voices are out of sync in the cut scenes, and I am getting some freezing/stuttering in the cut scenes, too.

ChinoPD likes this.
  20. minushuman

minushuman Member

Enjoying MP a lot more than I thought I would - haven't played CoD since the first Black Ops on the Xbox.

Key for me was using Nvidia game filter to boost: vibrance, brightness, sharpness and a couple of other things - I really hated the out of the box "shades of brown" look.

walker_2003 likes this.