Call of Duty - Modern Warfare (2019)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by the_antipop, May 31, 2019.

1. Plonkflopped

Plonkflopped Member

While the campaign was quite good this game has THE worst maps out of any of the previous titles. It's just a campfest without anyone playing the objective. I don't really blame them either as the maps are made for it. Look down an open street in any map and you see multiple doors,windows, side streets and as soon as you dare to move your head is taken off.

Ground War is just as bad with it just being sniper heaven. Then you have the crossplay which while good in theory the advantage of console players compared to PC is ridiculous. Watch some replays and you see when their reticle gets anywhere near your body it snaps onto you negating any mouse advantage we have.

I may be biased as I haven't played a COD since BO2 but this game, while promising is just not doing it for me.

2. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Yes..latest drivers.

I uninstalled the game and re-downloaded it overnight and so far seems to have fixed some of the problems...sound is still crackling though.

3. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yes and no. They tried to change up the 3 lane stuff people were sick of and added alot more details and flanking routes. Is campers yes but I don't mind it too much. Makes it harder for epic kill streaks too (apart from ground war but I don't play that much).

Agree about objectives, that's why you find a crew on discord or something and it's a cake walk.

4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Worth a watch. Couple surprises.

ChinoPD likes this.
  5. terroristone

terroristone Member

i just finished the singleplayer and found it to be quite good, the graphics are quite good on normal settings so i expect this to look brilliant on high end systems. I played one round of MP and man what a difference to bf, no a single person had an idea of team work....is this the norm with COD?

ChinoPD likes this.
  6. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yup. Find some peeps on discord or something to squad up with.

7. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Here you go Azzan my play style. Not an amazing round but hopefully gives you some tips. But always look at radar and compass, footsteps are so loud so If it ain't a team mate you can anticipate.

I muted my mic channel for recording but it's still picking up my 2 mates.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Azzan likes this.
  8. Foliage

Foliage Member

I just finished single player with gfx set to ultra/high as possible and it was amazing, ~60-100fps with a 2080 super RTX at 1440p was gorgeous with no stuttering or lag. Probably one of the best linear single player campaigns I've played in quite some time.

I recommend playing on the higher difficulty levels, makes it quite challenging.

Only problem to report was the cut scenes being 1 sec out of sync.

ChinoPD likes this.
  9. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I want to restart in realistic mode, no HUD.

ChinoPD likes this.
  10. Azzan

Azzan Member

Thanks man, and nice game play. :thumbup:
    I haven't tried mp again but last session was noticeably better(4-7, 3-4) compared to first two(2-6, 5-10, 6-16, 4-8, 3-12) cos I played very cautiously and stayed with team most of the time.
    Hopefully things will improve if I keep this up(only do team deathmatch and play cautiously) and get better weapons etc. What level do I have to reach to unlock P90 and M4?
    These are the tips I got from CoD forum, https://community.callofduty.com/t5...tting-R4PED-in-MP-PLS-HELP/m-p/11213890#M7406

11. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

You should have both those guns already.

12. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

13. Azzan

Azzan Member

Hmm really? I'll check again then.

I think you'll be better off with the latest NVidia driver even on 10x0 cards.

14. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I'm not tin-foil hat keep 2 year old drivers, more like in the "skip no more than 4 - 6 driver versions" boat and only really move up when there's 1) major vulnerabilities or 2) significant performance improvements. I definitely think it'll be a good time to jump to the game ready driver now though.

15. OP
    OP
    the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Yeah definitely jump on the new drivers, there are performance enhancements for sure.

ChinoPD likes this.
  16. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus Member

The game actually told me to update my drivers when I first ran it. I had downloaded them but forgot to install.

ChinoPD likes this.
  17. miicah

miicah Member

Yeah if you're playing AAA titles close to release date, updating drivers is a no-brainer.

ChinoPD likes this.
  18. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yes both early unlocks. At least the M4 I think it's available as soon as u have ability to change load out.

19. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Yeah i didn't have speed issues either (i know i'm late to respond). Mine maxed out my connection from the get go (13MB/s) but i didn't pre-load. Only loaded on Sunday i think

I'm really enjoying it. Haven't played a shooter in years (prob since the OG Modern Warfare) so i'm rusty as all hell and got smashed when i first tried. Played again last night and was near top of the board every time with close to top kills but higher deaths than others up there (still positive k/d which was a nice change lol. Was like 0.25 the other day). Take some time to get used to the reaction time needed imo if you haven't played fast paced ones but otherwise i've loved it.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    tunksy and walker_2003 like this.
  20. sanjeevlives

sanjeevlives Member

i find theres 2 main issues

- footsteps are loud and windows are plenty so camping is almost encouraged

- rego is not 100% especially for us non ftth peeps, few times i thought i was sniped only to see the guy was using a rifle/lmg lol