Call of Duty - Modern Warfare (2019)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by the_antipop, May 31, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    the_antipop

the_antipop Member

What settings are you running? With my overclocked GTX 1080, I run it on ultra, without Ray Tracing, at 1440p and I get anywhere from 110-130fps. How is your 2080Ti getting drops to the low 100s?

2. Azzan

Azzan Member

I was running 1440p max setting(with ray tracing) then changed to 1080p max setting(with ray tracing) on MP, I'm gonna change back to 1440p but reduce the quality so my minimum fps stays over 100 all the time. (I don't mind running 1440p lowest if I have to)
    It looks like MP fps is much lower than SP fps(especially the min fps) even tho they've reduced the ray tracing features on MP from what I heard.

I was getting ~120fps/170fps average at 1440p max settings with ray tracing on/off on SP.
    In MP I'm not sure about the average fps cos it fluctuate way too much, but I think I get ~130fps average at 1080p max settings with ray tracing on. (i've seen fps go high at ~197, and low as ~80 during killcam reply at 1080p MP)
    That's why I wanna get Rivatuner Statistics Server working so I can check my minimum/average fps accurately. https://forums.overclockers.com.au/posts/18367465/

3. jpw007

jpw007 Member

If you want to maximise FPS the first place to drop a setting is always shadows, and now good ol ray tracing since it's introduction

4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Turn off RTX in MP it's only for shadows anyway.

Turn a few things down from ultra to high (just not textures or AF) and should play fine. No need for highest visuals in MP.

5. Azzan

Azzan Member

Ok I got the Rivatuner Statistics Server working(just had tick "Enable benchmark mode" on Rivatuner).
    Unfortunately still can't check the minimum(or maximum) fps cos it drops 0-1 and goes upto 1800+ during menu.. so tried alt-tab and started Rivatuner/Afterburner after MP match has began but min fps started at 13.. so it didn't work.

Anyway I was able to get average fps during MP match.. (CPU/GPU at stock speed)
    1st run(1440p max) = 145fps (large map, but I think ray tracing was off)
    2nd run(1440p lowest) = 205fps (large map)
    3rd run(1440p lowest) = 228fps (large map)
    4th run(1440p max) = 157fps (small map, ray tracing off)
    5th run(1440p max) = 130fps (small map, ray tracing on)
    Note: I restarted RivaTuner/Afterburner/CoD after each match cos I changed the graphic settings.

According to my results so far, you should be able to get 100+fps all the time at 1440p with 2080Ti simply by disabling ray tracing.
    But would be nice to verify 100% by getting the accurate min fps cos I've seen min fps drop to ~102fps(or even ~80fps during killcam reply) at 1080p max with ray tracing on.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    walker_2003 likes this.
  6. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

So thought I had Battlnet open this morning when I left for work, to make sure CoD was uptodate when I got home to play.

Turns out I did not. And now, at 9pm when I was super psyched to play, I have a 20GB FUCKING UPDATE TO DO! :( Will take like an hour. :(

7. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Also, what's peoples performance like with tech that isn't top tier?

How are people finding 1070s for a start?

I'm considering upgrading, but would rather not drop 1k on a new card if I can get away with it (if there are some settings I can jig to maximise performance?)

8. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Im running an RTX 2080 and all settings on the highest settings..I get around 120 - 130 fps average at 1440

Ryzen 5 3600 cpu

9. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

10. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Do you find it CPU intensive?

I'm still running an i5 4690 :D

It was 2nd hand when I got it like 3 years ago (I think? Maybe longer?)

11. Azzan

Azzan Member

I think it's def good to know your fps for MP, cos if it's too low then you'll play with unfair disadvantage but you should be able to get fps needed by adjusting the graphic quality settings.
    Just install Rivatuner Statistics Server(https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html) and MSI Afterburner(https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner).
    - tick "Enable benchmark mode" on Rivatuner setup.
    - tick "Framerate Avg" & "Show in On-Scrren Display" on Afterburner.
    e.g. https://imgur.com/a/MeKSAbU

Unfortunately I can't check the minimum fps(which is more important imo) accurately due to bug(?) I mentioned above, but I'm guessing the minimum fps is ~20-30fps lower than your average fps.
    So if you get average ~80-90fps on 60Hz or ~120-130fps on 120+Hz then you "should" be fine. (but obviously higher the fps the better just to be safe).

12. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I've got an OK K/D, above 1 I believe. To me that's OK, not trying to be competitive. I'm more in the "I want to be useful and yet also enjoy the game for what it brings" bandwagon. It's like public transport, I've done enough lowering settings back in the CS days to be competitive. I guess I'm an old fck now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Azzan likes this.
  13. AlliZ

AlliZ Member

ping over fps homie

14. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Except you can't influence ping :D

15. Azzan

Azzan Member

That's pretty good dude, you are doing way better than me.
    What's your MP level? do you just play quick match(/team deathmatch)? what weapon do you use?

p.s. I think it'll be nice if we all post our MP stats for comparison. & maybe average fps and graphics setting stats too.

(I'm dling new patch 12GB/2xGB atm, so I'll check and edit the stats once I log in)
    Level ~15, ~0.65 kdr, quick match(team deathmatch), main weapon = M4
    Playing at 1440p max(without rtx), getting ~157fps average

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  16. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

I don't even know how to find stats?

I'm doing fairly well though. Generally finish each match (lately) with 1:1 KD.

Go to gun is the M4A1 generally with the 725. But am also smashing the P90 in Shoothouse cause of quick fire.

17. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I believe I'm in high 20s, or maybe even mid 30s, I don't remember it's been two weeks since I've played. I've only given this game two good sessions since the release. I've launched the launcher more than I've played to only let the patch download and install. Is there a stat page like BF has?

But definitely not contensting your message, if anyone wants to be competitive it's a good way to measure and make adjustments.

I use the quick match but I filter out the massive maps. I mainly stick to death match mainly. AS for weapons, I stick to M41A and stick to mods to prioritise ADS speed and weapon stability.

Found it:

https://my.callofduty.com/dashboard

Close, just under 1:1. Currently level 25.

[​IMG]

Azzan likes this.
  18. Azzan

Azzan Member

I forgot what it was called, but you can check your stats on 4th or 5th tab on main MP screen. I'll post screenshot once I log in..
    But looks like everyone's doing much better than me qq.. I've only used M4(after totally getting raped in my first 3-4 MP runs) but I gotta try P90. :)

Woot found it. :) https://my.callofduty.com
    Once you login, click on "View More" cos first page only shows your weekly stats without level.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ChinoPD likes this.
  19. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

M4 is boss for damage (with FMJ perk she blasts away, especially in hardcore) but P90 is much much quicker (especially for those corner kills!) but penetration is severely limited by its short stature.

Azzan likes this.
  20. AlliZ

AlliZ Member

lol @ kdr

Azzan likes this.