Call of Duty - Modern Warfare (2019)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by the_antipop, May 31, 2019.

1. hvalac

hvalac Member

Have to agree man, after watching that i'm just amped to play.

2. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Mate if I get 8 hours of campaign, say 20 hours of spec ops and even only 50 hours out of the MP before I quit due to low players/cheats etc. Im good with that.. tons better value then a visit to movies.

Never had an issue with Cod's netcode when has been dedicated servers, only battlefield.

If i didnt have 3 kids under 5 and work 2 jobs, maybe I could be winning apex $ too. Life gets in the way of play (in a good way). Also rubbish verse how I was when I was a teen.

ChinoPD likes this.
  3. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

That's fine... pretty big IF based on the last few... but at least you've fucking thought about it.
    Unfortunately dedicated servers can still have poor netcode. Blops4 blackout had objectively worse netcode than the recent battlefields though... while blops4 mp was pretty similar (only without a restriction on the lag compensation, but also without as many packet batching issues).

The issue is that people are, once again, building a hype train over parts that simply do not matter. It doesn't matter what modes or vehicles or player counts it has, if the underlying foundation is garbage. Until we get hands testing of the netcode and gunplay in with the beta, expectations should be tempered. Although, even that isn't a guarantee, since they could well pull a black ops 4 and decrease the tickrate by 2/3rds between beta and release without saying anything.

XanaTos likes this.
  4. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah tickrate of blackout was a joke 20hz? And I recall it started strong and tapered down to 20hz which is the opposite of how a tick rate should be in a BR. I am hoping that was a limitation of the very ancient engine it was built. Hoping this new engine gets it better, I recall BO4 even had 20hz in normal multiplayer but increased it to 60hz after a few weeks?

TBH though I never even noticed tickrate issues on BO4 multiplayer felt like all the other ones and wasn't dying in 1 packet via super bullet like I have in BFV.

5. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

I wouldn't even trust the beta when it's out. I've bought to many games with what I thought was an awesome beta, but in release day or the next patch it's turned into a big fucking pile of shit, that some how get worse with each fucking patch.

As you can tell, I'm over this joke of burning my money for them to make a quick $$. The triple AAA publisher are not even trying to keep up the BS that they care about games/gamer's anymore.

6. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Ubisoft taught me a few good lessons with one game, I'm thankful for that.

It's healthy to discuss games, pre and post release. Ultimately, my wallet speaks the loudest. If game turns to shit post release, then it is what it is and no buy for me. If it lives up to the hype, then happy days. Unfortunately, there are too many people that blindly pre-order and buy on day 1 release without waiting and observing. So whatever fuckup or series of fuckups there are, they're just ignored because they CBF caring since they've already made coin. But, I've learnt my lesson, no more emotion spent being salty about this and that. When it's time for judgement and it doesn't pass in my books, life goes on and keep your money.

I'm not spending too much energy with reading into the development at this point. I am just hoping they pump out something solid. Anything 50+ hours for me SP and MP combined with content that they may make available through lootboxes that they make attainable through fair and reasonable grinding, then that satisfies me.

VirtualNinja and miicah like this.
  7. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Ive never not enjoyed a CoD campaign, I think I could confidently pre-order this one knowing id at least get value out of that and spec-ops. MP longevity is the tricky one. #partoftheproblem

I heard a rumor console versions will natively support keyboard/mouse, might encourage more crossplay action.

However there is a good chance PC crowd might dwindle and always strong console player base might choose not to play with the 1337 PC boy's, as I think is a way to exclude PC players (and possibly native mouse users) on PS4/Xbox.

Can imagine the banter too "oh pc player beaten by a console, where is the master race now", "Typical PC user, hacking".

I do hope PS4 vs Xbox is shown, will be strong rivalry amongst those kids. Can picture the lobbies now.

Worst part is you can use a keyboard and mouse on PS4/Xbox and have it still report as a PS4/Xbox controller using XIM4.*

*I done this for laughs on black ops 3 and got a k/d of like 2.5 and matches of 30/0 haha. Sold my XIM4 doh!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  8. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Campaign in blops 4 was killer :weirdo:

walker_2003 likes this.
  9. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Now they can claim campaign is a new feature in MW!

10. tunksy

tunksy Member

Just needs to sustain numbers for fun multiplayer. Cos needs full matches for it to be fun

11. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Never an issue finding TDM

The issue over time is finding TDM in AU.

tunksy likes this.
  12. tunksy

tunksy Member

I get no luck for decent games in black ops 4 and ww2 haha

By decent I mean more than 8 to 10 players

13. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

14. Alkahestic

Alkahestic Member

Which for a twitch shooter is a pretty big issue.

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

yup not saying it isnt. But always games there, but no point playing em I spose.

16. sanjeevlives

sanjeevlives Member

theres almost no domination or other modes in WW2 / BO4 and honestly TDM gets boring if the matchmaking is off or some master prestige sweaties join in

17. Dangerous1

Dangerous1 Member

Jackfrags has a good video out for Modern Warfare: .

First time I've been a bit excited about a COD release for many years.

18. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

I'm not a cod fan but I must say Iám tempted by the night vision goggles they are giving out with the collectors edition.

19. Lord Belial

Lord Belial Member

You know you could just, like, buy some night vision goggles... :D

20. havabeer

havabeer Member

Didn't they give out something similar with modern warfare 2?