Camera Equipment Theft

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by isaaus, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

it_inspector, I respect your personal decision and I admire your high principles and filial piety. As a Christian I understand the difficulty of prioritizing different principles in morally complex situations.

In this case I believe that the highest principle involved concerns regard for your friends and their property on the one hand, and the general good of the community on the other. If I were you I would respectfully suggest to your mother that your moral obligation is to the benefit of others, and that on this basis you should attend the facefit.

2. teegman

teegman Member

Personally I wouldn't be saying that on here - you'll now need to be careful who you trade with / meet up with from here in the future as the less scrupulous OCUA members now know you carry expensive equipment and don't stand up for yourself.

3. azeroth

azeroth Member

Glad you're ok at least - hopefully you get your camera gear replaced and can get back to taking photos :thumbup:

Facefit, don't facefit, whatever. Do whatever you feel is the right decision. Just make sure you get enough lenses and bodies to keep doing what you do! :D

4. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

Unless you're in it_inspector's shoes, I don't think anyone is qualified to tell him what's right or wrong for him in this situation.

To be honest, I think it's really sad to see the keyboard warriors coming out like this. I thought this forum was better than this.

Probably time this thread was closed IMHO.

5. sgtraven

sgtraven Member

thats a pretty shit outlook on OCAU'ers

call me naive but i highly regard most/if not all of the people on these forums as polite and ethical when it comes to his/her fellow OCAU'er

i have on many occasion lent/sold my gear to the Photography members (usually 400+ posters) and will continue to do so.

comments like that are not welcome here as you are promoting others to be suspicious of everyone.

I give everyone the benefit of doubt and would hope that others would return the favour.

if thats your outlook then i dont think you fit in very well here.

another +1 on closing as this is getting out of hand

6. teegman

teegman Member

Since when is OCAU bound only to the upper echelons of morality? Last time I remembered, anyone with an email address and internet access could become a member...

Please don't take it as an attack on OCAU in any way whatsoever, I think it's a fantastic community here too, but remember that we still exist on the same plane as the rest of the world.

I'm promoting others to be wary about what information they're placing on a public forum, especially when it has the capacity to place them in harms way yet again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.