can repair lcd monitor? (PERTH)

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by android, Apr 17, 2012.

1. android

android Member

Hi all

I can't seem to find the answer but just wondering whether there is anyone in perth who can repair a broken lcd monitor (PC not laptop) and whether it is worth it to do so? I accidentally smashed the screen for my dell 23" monitor so not covered under warranty. it's quite a nice screen so i'd rather repair it than chuck it away. or i guess e-waste recycling?

the screen still shows the picture just the colours are psychedelic and there is a large crack in the panel.

cheers guys
    Andrew

2. ck_psy

ck_psy Member

probably cheaper to replace.

3. Yamunsa

Yamunsa Member

maybe not by warranty but pos house insurance under accidental damage? might be worth looking into the potential premium hike from making the claim though.

4. bigheadache

bigheadache Member

Forget that. Fixing it or even trying to claim insurance for a monitor as cheap as a Dell 23 is not worth it. Even fixing it yourself with an ebay sourced panel will be $100+. Claiming insurance - you've got your excess and potentially a bump up in premium.

A new Dell 23 IPS is like $260 odd fully shipped.

5. C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

Yep, just toss it & get another one. Nobody will even attempt to repair such a screen.

6. OP
    OP
    android

android Member

Ahh what a shame. Thanks for your replies! Yeh I don't have the accidental claim and yeh the increase wouldn't be worth it. Guess it's off to an e-waste recycled. Cheers all.